Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I don't know. I guess until they become famous enough to headline their own TV show. The point is that Clark, Bruce and Diana are the legendary Trinity for a reason. They are the golden standard by which all DC superheroes are measured. If a newcomer somehow became greater than them, then that would mean their legend diminishes and people would start taking those heroes for grant; which, from a marketing perspective, is something DC cannot risk happening.
    You never see popular culture mention Supergirl on anything. At all. They always mention Superman and his myth in Seinfeld, Big Ban Theory, movies, songs, mass media, etc. Why? Because he IS the icon.

General audiences know it all started with Superman. Supergirl wouldn't exist without him. Superheroes as we know it wouldn't probably. If WB want to go ahead and crap all over the Superman mythos for his spinoff then I have zero respect for them and I find it hard to believe that DC Comics would let them do that...

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    You never see popular culture mention Supergirl on anything. At all. They always mention Superman and his myth in Seinfeld, Big Ban Theory, movies, songs, mass media, etc. Why? Because he IS the icon.

General audiences know it all started with Superman. Supergirl wouldn't exist without him. Superheroes as we know it wouldn't probably. If WB want to go ahead and crap all over the Superman mythos for his spinoff then I have zero respect for them and I find it hard to believe that DC Comics would let them do that...
    At the end of the day, the DCEU deserves credit for proving that Superman can no longer be taken for granted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    So Supergirl is now considered a "veteran" by your standard since she's on her forth now?
    She's a veteran compared to Ralph on The Flash but not compared to Oliver & Diggle on Arrow. In fact, I'd say that on her own show she needs to stand in line behind Alex when it comes to being a veteran hero.

And my reply was meant as "You can't call yourself a veteran after ONLY two seasons" not "After two seasons you are a veteran"
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 09-16-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Agreed. That idea is blasphemy. Stop trying to make Kara more special than she should be. It's the same sh!t the CW just did in S2 with Clark telling Kara she is the better hero. Yuck.
    So your Clark Kent isn't allowed to be humble and think that other people can do a better job than he does?

Leonard dressed up as Supergirl after the gang lost a bet to Stewart in TBBT. Supergirl was mentioned in an episode of Black Lightning. Supergirl has appeared in several episodes of Robot Chicken.
    Superman got mentioned a lot on Seinfeld because Jerry Seinfeld is a fan of the character. (Maybe because some Jewish kids created Superman?) If Jerry were a fan of Iron Man, Seinfeld probably
    would have mentioned Iron Man a lot.
    Not really sure what point you are making though. Batgirl doesn't really get all that much mention either and they are planning on doing a Batgirl movie. So if Batgirl can get a movie, why not Supergirl?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    So your Clark Kent isn't allowed to be humble and think that other people can do a better job than he does?
    I put his speech to Supergirl right up there with all of the characters in the mid-90's pointing out how Kyle was the greatest GL ever. I'd rather see it shown in a believable way before people start saying it. IMO the episode came off as trying too hard to put Kara in the top slot by piling too much on at once. They give her a physical win over Superman and make sure to remove any possible modifiers. Then they have to add Superman praising her as the better hero for a totally different reason before that episode ends.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I just can't believe they say they have no immediate ideas or direction for Superman currently, and yet Supergirl with Brainiac is being floated around. That's the fucking plot for MOS 2 right there.
    It is quite straightforward, isn't it?

Brainiac receives the distress signal sent out by the scout ship (same way the Zod Crew did) and decides to come looking. He's been to Earth before (but we weren't advanced enough for him to 'collect' us at the time) and knew about the scout ship from back then, so he's wondering if we're now Kryptonian-level in advancement.

He's also why the outposts and seeded planets were destroyed - the ones the Zod Crew went to over the last 33 or so years, and one of the reasons why Zod's need to protect, preserve and restore Krypton became a mad zealousness.

And Brainiac coming brings Kara back, too.

Kara could either be the long-lived Kryptonian who arrived on the scout ship (and helped fight back against Steppenwolf all those years ago (hence his 'no Kryptonian' comment)) or her descendant (so still related to Kal but not as directly as usual).

(if the 'original' arriver then 'girl' wouldn't suit her, frankly. If a (young) descendant, then it would be okay, in my opinion)

Or... Brainiac could have captured her all those years ago and she's been in suspended animation ever since (and maybe Dev-Em was also captured and is some sort of 'enforcer' (ala Winter Soldier)) and Kal (while on the Skull Ship) finds her, etc...

Or...

I'll leave it there for now

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Leonard dressed up as Supergirl after the gang lost a bet to Stewart in TBBT. Supergirl was mentioned in an episode of Black Lightning. Supergirl has appeared in several episodes of Robot Chicken.
    Superman got mentioned a lot on Seinfeld because Jerry Seinfeld is a fan of the character. (Maybe because some Jewish kids created Superman?) If Jerry were a fan of Iron Man, Seinfeld probably
    would have mentioned Iron Man a lot.
    Not really sure what point you are making though. Batgirl doesn't really get all that much mention either and they are planning on doing a Batgirl movie. So if Batgirl can get a movie, why not Supergirl?
    But Batgirl isn't replacing Batman. Supergirl getting a film isn't the issue Supergirl getting a movie at the expense of Superman is.

So... The rumours were true... Seems that Cavill choosed the wrong path to visit the fortress. We need more than ever FLASHPOINT FILM..

henry cavill supermen south pole.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-17-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    But Batgirl isn't replacing Batman. Supergirl getting a film isn't the issue Supergirl getting a movie at the expense of Superman is.
    yes exactly. A Supergirl movie doesn't excite me but I don't mind it. What I mind is to do it the wrong way while disrespecting the Superman mythos. Hearing that Brainiac will show up in her movie before he does in a Superman film is just... I have no words to explain how much that pisses me off.

yes exactly. A Supergirl movie doesn't excite me but I don't mind it. What I mind is to do it the wrong way while disrespecting the Superman mythos. Hearing that Brainiac will show up in her movie before he does in a Superman film is just... I have no words to explain how much that pisses me off.
    Brainiac can show up in a Supergirl movie before a Superman movie, so long as it's played in a certain way. If we accept that Supergirl was a teenager on Krypton right before Kal-El became an infant space refugee, they can plant the seeds of Brainiac's villainy in a SG movie, and have a full-force Brainiac in a later Superman movie. SG and S-man fans can win in a scenario such as this.

But if Brainiac starts and stops with SG, forget it.

Well, officially he not out since both sides give vague "No, hes not out" statements. They are just not vehemently loud enough for my taste. Also IIRC he still has a contract for one more Superman appearance. Maybe WB assumed (or rather forgot with their constant changes and behind the scenes people kicking) he has more or a cameo did not count and maybe Cavill bluntly asked them if they want to squander the one appearance they have left for a cameo. And in WB shoes they probably do not want that. They don't want to lose him, so not just a cameo which teases nothing because hes out after that but they are also unwilling to do the right thing: Man of Steel 2.

Well. Right now I begin to brace myself for the worst and bid the DCEU a farewell with Aquaman being the final chapter of it. Will I stop watching DC movies? Nope; but no more expensive cinema experiences and limited Steelbook preorders regardless of which one since they are all one universe.

Hey I say if WB doesn't want to use him, sell his movie rights. Fat chance, but what a boost that would be for Blue. Can't imagine another production company failing as hard with him as WB has throughout the years.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Brainiac can show up in a Supergirl movie before a Superman movie, so long as it's played in a certain way. If we accept that Supergirl was a teenager on Krypton right before Kal-El became an infant space refugee, they can plant the seeds of Brainiac's villainy in a SG movie, and have a full-force Brainiac in a later Superman movie. SG and S-man fans can win in a scenario such as this.

But if Brainiac starts and stops with SG, forget it.
    They could always take a page from the New 52 and have a mechanized Zor-El be Kara's villain, with hints of Brainiac as the unseen Big Bad. They don't even have to call him Cyborg Superman, just Zor-El. Show Brainiac in some flashbacks, and save him for the full confrontation in a MOS sequel where we can do a proper meeting between the two cousins and have them team up against Brainiac.

But this is WB. They are going to blow their load and do Brainiac all at once with no build up, and they probably don't even know Zor-El's name lol. And even if they did Zor-El will be fighting her in the 70s before Superman even shows up, which is another big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hey I say if WB doesn't want to use him, sell his movie rights. Fat chance, but what a boost that would be for Blue. Can't imagine another production company failing as hard with him as WB has throughout the years.
    Give it to Disney.

I'm not even joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well, no, Supergirl is maybe getting a movie. And WB hasn't decided what they want to do with Superman. One doesn't necessarily follow from the other. Supergirl replacing Superman is probably just something the click-bait
    sites are putting out there to get attention. Even if WB knew what they wanted to do with Superman there is no real reason not to do a Supergirl movie too. Has WB ever released an official statement saying they are dumping
    Superman for Supergirl? All WB has said is no decision has been made regarding any Superman films. So if the plan was to dump Superman for Supergirl, wouldn't that be considered a decision regarding upcoming Superman films?