Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I think Henry Cavill stays, false alarm: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmF...d=ptheu6s3rd6v
    That neither confirmed nor denied anything, it's just Henry goofing off.

And quite smart of him too, because now his silence allows everyone to really start the buzz around him, and increases his profile and net worth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is Henry trolling or what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is Henry trolling or what?
    Playing ancient hollywood games.

Honestly, if it means no more of the Superman we saw in JL, I'm okay with cavill leaving the role. That version of the character is utterly toxic for a shared-universe and since Marvel is ushing Caro Denvers to be their Superman, i'm really worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Playing ancient hollywood games.
    I feel that WB, THR, Cavill and his agent are just trolling fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, if it means no more of the Superman we saw in JL, I'm okay with cavill leaving the role. That version of the character is utterly toxic for a shared-universe
    An iconic, hopeful and spirited character is toxic for a universe becoming increasingly more hopeful...riiiiiiight.

I feel that WB, THR, Cavill and his agent are just trolling fans.
    Well...yeah. That's what the games are about, to test the waters and gauge interest in how much people value his commitment to these movies. It's all to help further negotiations and show just how much he's earned a pay rise. It also helps inform WB on whether or not to put Superman projects on the fast track.

Judging from the response, nobody has really tired of seeing Cavill, they're just tired of WB's direction for the movies.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-13-2018 at 04:51 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Bold move from Cavill and his agent. Though the question remains: is WB Kid Buu....or Jiren
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well...yeah. That's what the games are about, to test the waters and gauge interest in how much people value his commitment to these movies. It's all to help further negotiations and show just how much he's earned a pay rise. It also helps inform WB on whether or not to put Superman projects on the fast track.

Judging from the response, nobody has really tired of seeing Cavill, they're just tired of WB's direction for the movies.
    It start becoming like Affleck's situation, one day he's in, the other he's out then he's in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bold move from Cavill and his agent.
    Do you mean the article? The rumor isn't Cavill's negotiation tactic.
    THR has a close relationship with WB, you can read their article as a semi-official statement from Warner.

BANNED

It start becoming like Affleck's situation, one day he's in, the other he's out then he's in again.
    Just like his stints in rehab

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Do you mean the article? The rumor isn't Cavill's negotiation tactic.
    THR has a close relationship with WB, you can read their article as a semi-official statement from Warner.
    Word? That's wild. Can't say I'm super invested one way or the other. I just want a good Superman movie in my lifetime.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

An iconic, hopeful and spirited character is toxic for a universe becoming increasingly more hopeful...riiiiiiight.
    An over-powered character, making the whole team redundant and undermining the other characters' arcs at every turn. This Superman wasn't "hopeful", he was a huge problem for a shared universe where each and every character has a role to play and a chance to shine without some other one constantly putting the others in his/her shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Word? That's wild. Can't say I'm super invested one way or the other. I just want a good Superman movie in my lifetime.
    There has already been one in 2013.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

An over-powered character, making the whole team redundant and undermining the other characters' arcs at every turn. This Superman wasn't "hopeful", he was a huge problem for a shared universe where each and every character has a role to play and a chance to shine without some other one constantly putting the others in his/her shadow.
    You do realize Wonder Woman is getting a sequel and Aquaman has a solo film coming out, right? And Affleck leaving doesn't mean we aren't getting an inevitiable Batman re-casting (funny how Batman gets re-cast but Superman might be shelved...) and spin off films for him, and then there's Shazam. Where is Superman preventing other characters from shining, especially when he won't be in their movies? And they hopefully wouldn't be in a MOS sequel for him?

There's also the fact that, Mustache Gate aside, he was one of the few things people liked about JL. That's what the audience wants, it's stupid that WB isn't taking the right lessons. But we can't be surprised this point I guess.

The attitude is what people want. He was too OP I agree but since all the other movies are ignoring JL, I don’t see why superman can’t. And it’s Zack Snyder’s fault he’s so damn powerful in the first place. He should’ve had some bruises and cuts after his fight with Zod.