Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, I think some fans is also pissed that Supergirl is currently set to fight Brainiac in her movie.
    Yeah, even I don't think that is right. Should go with a Supergirl villain. Reign would have been a great movie choice but they already did her on TV. They should just make up a villain for the movie. Like they did with Astra or
    Rhea for the TV show.

Anyway we don't really know who the villain will be because the script hasn't even been written yet and they don't even have a director. Other reports say it will be a period piece taking place in the 1970s, before there
    was a Superman. All kinds of crazy speculation. So people are just getting angry over phantoms.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That's where it loses me too. I've been waiting for almost 20 years to see Brainiac on the big screen to face off against Superman. I like Kara. I have nothing against her having her own movie, but not at the expense of Kal.
    Supergirl is in pre-production from at least 5 months, plans can still change.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Supergirl is in pre-production from at least 5 months, plans can still change.
    It would get butts in the seat though. If it is a good movie over and they knock Brainiac out of the park even people that feel Superman got cheated might check it out just to see a big budget Brainiac.
    Basically people that couldn't give a rat's ass about Supergirl would want to see Brainiac.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yeah, even I don't think that is right. Should go with a Supergirl villain. Reign would have been a great movie choice but they already did her on TV. They should just make up a villain for the movie. Like they did with Astra or
    Rhea for the TV show.

Anyway we don't really know who the villain will be because the script hasn't even been written yet and they don't even have a director. Other reports say it will be a period piece taking place in the 1970s, before there
    was a Superman. All kinds of crazy speculation. So people are just getting angry over phantoms.
    I heard about the 70s setting but I don't recall where the rumor originates.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm not seeing a lot of crapping on Supergirl. I have made the statement that she's not Superman. And she isn't. But that doesn't mean I don't like her and wouldn't like to see her succeed in a film. Because I am and I would. But she is no replacement for Superman in a DCU, and if that's their goal then I definitely have issues with that. Just wanting to give her a project though I have no issue with at all and would like to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    For real? Yeah, no offense to Supergirl or her fans, but we've been freaking waiting years for a Superman/Brainiac clash on the big screen, and they're going to utilize the guy this way?

If WB ain't gonna respect Superman, how can you expect audiences to do the same?
    That's where it loses me too. I've been waiting for almost 20 years to see Brainiac on the big screen to face off against Superman. I like Kara. I have nothing against her having her own movie, but not at the expense of Kal.
    Yes I too love Kara and want a DCEU where we can have a solo film or two for her, but not if the cost is no Superman and putting one of his major foes which people have been waiting DECADES to see him go up against on the big screen against her instead. I want a DCEU where we can see a lot of them both and actually see these two family members interact.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes I too love Kara and want a DCEU where we can have a solo film or two for her, but not if the cost is no Superman and putting one of his major foes which people have been waiting DECADES to see him go up against on the big screen against her instead. I want a DCEU where we can see a lot of them both and actually see these two family members interact.
    The frustrating thing is that they can easily incorporate Supergirl into a MoS sequel. Have her be the one who warns Kal that Brainiac is coming and also tells him about Kandor. Then have Superman and Supergirl team up to stop Brainiac. The fact that it takes two Kryptonians to beat him would make him a very formidable villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    More like he had a moment of doubt when the world had pretty much beaten him down, but okay. The mere fact that he made lies out of those statements mere minutes later should be considered as well.

And Pa wasn't pessimistic. He was realistic. People WOULD react poorly to the knowledge that an alien with godlike power walks freely among them. And Pa never said Clark should never reveal himself. He said that he shouldn't reveal himself until he was ready. Until he'd decided what kind of person he wanted to present to the world. Because once he pulled that trigger, there was no going back.
    Well Clark was feeling really down and unsure way before he said noone stays good to Lois. Supes in BvS is too dour for too long. He isn't inspirational enough, IMO. When he finally decides to kill Doomsday, it's hard to feel really sad for him because the film has not given us enough reasons to really like this Superman. Basically everyone seems to hate him besides Lois and Ma. We don't see why he is this beacon of hope to the world. The new animated Death of Superman does a much better job at that. I still overall like the movie, but I don't blame those who think Supes is too gloomy because he is.

And in MOS when Pa tells young Clark that maybe he shouldn't have rescued them, I just don't like it. Saving those kids was the right thing to do, so the writers should have changed that line to something less controversial, IMO. Maybe Pa tells Clark he really needs to be extra careful.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 09-14-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Those d$%m f@&!ta&?s at WB really messed up big time now. How can such a big studio be so utterly, UTTERLY and completely incompetent? DCEU without Supes and possible Bats? ~U WB, F* big time! >:-(

Sorry for the outburst; but that was the only movie franchise I cared about a lot.

Seriously if James Cameron could do this 1984 https://goo.gl/images/zPMAQR why couldn't we at least get this version on the big screen https://goo.gl/images/vZPrkf in 34 years. I prefer the green version but that proves at least some version could had been done and looked good for the last 30 plus years even before CGI.

I'm not seeing a lot of crapping on Supergirl.
    I'd disagree. There have been lots of crapping on Supergirl in various, smaller and greater ways, both in this thread and in the DCEU Superman Appreciation thread. I'm including some commentary as well.

Superman has had seven movies, one of them being considered the classics of the superhero genre, eight if Justice League is included, most of them with huge resources poured into them. Supergirl has had one film, with only modest resources. And Supergirl is the one who should wait for a good Superman movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Like Supergirl, that sounds like chasing the rabbit. No real ideas or direction. Just looking for a quick validation.
    Would another Superman movie be considered "chasing the rabbit"?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The good news is a Supergirl movie is more likely to happen.
    Yay! A positive response!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Erm...hooray?

We already have a tv show that's played out potential plots for several Supergirl movies.
    Immediately followed by a takedown by the audence.

Furthermore as much as I like Supergirl she's not Superman, and never will be. WB can be as rah rah with their diversity all they want, they'll never find success trying to maker Supergirl the cornerstone of a verse like Supeman is. The character just never has been and never will be Superman. She's a compliment to the mythos, not a cornerstone of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I saw this coming a mile away. WB isn't interested in Superman, not in the immediate sense, so disappointing. No offense to SG, she's not the character I'm desperate to see done justice on the screen, no pun intended.
    And over from the DCEU Superman Appreciation thread:

If this ends up being true, this is kind of a big slap in the face. Superman fans have been clamoring for an onscreen confrontation with Brainiac, and giving it to Supergirl is kind of a let down. Of course, if anyone else has the right to face Brainiac it's Kara and this wouldn't preclude him having appearances in Superman related movies, but still. Supergirl should be introduced in a Superman vs. Brainiac film before being spun off
    Again, Supergirl should just wait until after the right Superman film.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Brainiac vs Supergirl in her movie before Superman does it in the big screen is the worst thing ever for me.

If true, F&^k you, WB. :'(

All my dreams of finally seeing Supes vs Brainiac on the big screen just might be destroyed.
    Followed by the following:

Agreed.

If that happens...I'm done with the WB and the worlds of DC. It would be the biggest insult to the character of Superman. Far worse than anything Zack Snyder is said to have done.
    So Supergirl fighting Brainiac in the movies before Superman would get the chance would be a greater insult than being in movies that are commercial and critical failures largely because of the poor characterisation of Superman?

The notion of Kara being the face of the franchise is also one I find pretty insulting. She's a great character, but also a spin off character. And if they are just giving her Clarks stuff that doesn't relay that she's a property with anything of value on it's own.

I predict a lot of stupid tumblr posts and news articles about how"SuperMAN is outdated and unneeded as long as we have Supergirl"
    And here lots of assumptions on WB's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    And I'm sure most of these ppl would love to see a Supergirl movie (me included) if it did not had the rotten taste of fresh ly axed Superman. Thats not crapping on her but crapping on the situation or rather voicing disappointment.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 09-15-2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: something messed up my post

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    And here lots of assumptions on WB's thoughts.
    Based on their history thus far with Superman and the crap we've been given so far to speculate on...yeah, I'm gonna make assumptions on WB's thoughts.

And the comments you've gathered are not crapping on Supergirl. You're free to interpret them that way, but the reality is that Supergirl is a supplemental/supporting/spin off character. That's her role, some of those comments are just calling it how it is. And she's one for whom Superman plays a MAJOR role in her story, because they're blood relatives and two of the last survivors of their species. He grew up thinking he was alone in the universe, or that the only other survivors were Zod and the PZ criminals, while she experienced Krypton's loss first hand and the rest of her family (which, unlike Kal, she actually knew) are all dead. Meeting each other is a significant event for both of them, it should not be relegated to a cameo on Superman's part or worse, an off screen event. That's total BS and crappy story telling. If people are worried that too much Superman in a Supergirl film will upstage her (not an unreasonable concern), then a Superman film with her as a major supporting character setting her up for a spin-off would be the ideal route. They could even market the crap out of her appearance if they're not 100% confident in Superman alone anymore. She'd be part of the A-plot. She wouldn't have to wait for a good Superman film to get on the big screen, she'd be a major feature IN the good Superman movie.

Its all about the framing. If the idea was "look, we have some issues in the Superman department, and we've got some ideas for a Supergirl flick so we're gonna work on that". Fine. Understandable. The way its being framed though is that in a DCEU capacity they're dropping Superman entirely and that they want Supergirl to be the "Super" face of the U, if they even are able to salvage their universe (of which I have major doubts in the first place but I digress). Framed like that? Its BS, plain and simple. Developing a Supergirl film is fine. Part of the mission statement being that she will replace the character of Superman entirely in their attempt to salvage their DC film verse on the other hand is an absolute insult.

This is tantamount to them eventually wanting to replace Diana with Donna Troy in the WW mythos. These are not replacement characters, they are spin-offs which share the mythos with the epicenter of the larger franchise. Kal-El, Superman, is the character that this particular mythos revolves around, and I'm not going to buy in to changing that. I don't care what the reasons are.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-15-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I like Kara. But I don’t like her more than Kal, and I’m not onboard with simply swapping the two. Plus why on earth would you think they could pull it off? Maybe with Snyder out of the picture she has a better chance, but it’s still WB. WW succeded in spite of them, not because of them.

Its all about the framing. If the idea was "look, we have some issues in the Superman department, and we've got some ideas for a Supergirl flick so we're gonna work on that". Fine. Understandable. The way its being framed though is that in a DCEU capacity they're dropping Superman entirely and that they want Supergirl to be the "Super" face of the U, if they even are able to salvage their universe (of which I have major doubts in the first place but I digress). Framed like that? Its BS, plain and simple. Developing a Supergirl film is fine. Part of the mission statement being that she will replace the character of Superman entirely in their attempt to salvage their DC film verse on the other hand is an absolute insult.
    Agreed. This is not a "You're either with Supergirl or against her" situation. A lot of us on here love Supergirl and want her to be in a movie. We just want Clark to get an all around hit movie of his own again as well. Frustration at this should not be framed as automatically crapping on Supergirl. That's not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like Kara. But I don’t like her more than Kal, and I’m not onboard with simply swapping the two. Plus why on earth would you think they could pull it off? Maybe with Snyder out of the picture she has a better chance, but it’s still WB. WW succeded in spite of them, not because of them.
    Yes, we have no guarantee that this studio won't find some way to screw up Kara as well. They don't deserve full trust on anybody except WW yet, and she is only due to Jenkins. Yeah, Shazam looks great and I hope it is great, but they've suckered us with great looking trailers before.