Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"The word has been out that Warner Bros. has been mulling a completely different direction with its Superman canon for some time, even considering casting Michael B. Jordan in the role down the road."

https://deadline.com/2018/09/superma...os-1202463120/

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Superman is a hard part to cast as you need someone big, who can act and play the different sides of the character.
    Hulk Hogan woud be perfect.

Cavill was plain awful. And much of the criticism of the films falls on his head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "The word has been out that Warner Bros. has been mulling a completely different direction with its Superman canon for some time, even considering casting Michael B. Jordan in the role down the road."

Well, there's a basis in canon for a black Superman, but still..,

Ever since Man of Steel was announced, I kept having a scene from Rocky IV loop in my head with regards to the DC movieverse. It's where Rocky and Apollo run along the beach and Rocky stops and walks away. Apollo keeps asking him to keep trying and Rocky mumbles 'tomorrow', and, frustrated and angry, Apollo says: 'There is no tomorrow!'

Only replace the word with 'plan'.

There was no plan. It was pretty clear (to me) from the beginning.

Sure, Snyder may have had an arc in mind etc, but there was no actual plan.

They shivved us with Superman Returns and then they Agent Smith-ed us with Justice League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Only replace the word with 'plan'.

There was no plan. It was pretty clear (to me) from the beginning.
    This just reminds me of the 2016 Wipe where Charlie Brooker repeatedly spits water all over himself at everything that happened with Brexit

Astonishing Member

It's pretty hard to mourn Cavill's defection when they tried to course-correct his Superman (or, if you prefer, DCEU Superman - of course you can't blame the actor himself) THREE times in a row. After a while, it's like spreading peanut butter on a rotten sandwich and hoping that it has a good taste. The real problem is that they don't seem to have a plan to go forward with any Superman incarnation at all, even if you can argue that letting Cavill go could be a good first step.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

#BringBackRouth

Now that he's older he will fit the role better.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm pretty gutted. He was one of the highlights of the casting for me, loved Man of Steel, and thought he deserved another great standalone. We knew he had it in him to do it. And now not only do we miss out on him but we irreparably fracture the DCEU. I don't care what Warner Bros. plans are, they have not made the right decision.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From a THR editor:

"As for who broke up with whom, Warner Bros. was the one who decided to move on from Henry Cavill."

https://twitter.com/TatianaSiegel27/...84620219727873

BANNED

People still believed this would happen? With all that happened, Superman is not exactly a priority, and with the possible Supergirl movie, she'll probably take his "role" in the movie universe. The worst thing is that it might take a while until we see another movie, not unlike what happened with Superman Returns and Man of Steel.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I truly don't understand how WB/DC/Snyder/whoever botched this so badly.

Makes you appreciate what MCU has done and hell... makes you appreciate what Fox has been able to do as well
    Chasing the rabbit and undercutting the directors. What George Lucas warned about executives and shareholders thinking they can micromanage the creative process.

Like Supergirl, that sounds like chasing the rabbit. No real ideas or direction. Just looking for a quick validation.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Whether or not this is true, it's obvious they are looking to build a new universe altogether. If that Flash movie ever happens, it looks like it may be a Flashpoint film in some form or another with a completely different Superman and Batman coming out of it. Not that I'm complaining. The idea of a Batman who was on his way out while all the other characters were just getting started always seemed kind of dumb to me. The Cyborg movie looks like it's on hold indefinitely. The DCEU seems to be in the same boat as the current X-films. With an uncertain future as to what will be kept and what won't.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

TBF, Jordan would be a perfect Val-Zod.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Is this proof Superman is impossible to do on big screen?