Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    Is this proof Superman is impossible to do on big screen?
    No, just that WB (and scores of others) don't know how to do it and, for now, are firmly in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hmm...

"Not everything you read on the internet is true"?

She does have a point, though... we should wait for the official statement from WB...

Ultimate Member

Waste of an actor and waste of a premise.

Cavill never really had the chance to shine in the role because he wasn't given much to work with (how many lines did he have in BvS and Justice League?).

I'm lukewarm on Man of Steel but I still feel there's potential in Snyder's set-up.

BANNED

Damage control. Means nothing if there's no fast track to a new movie's development.

We've had the same kind of "assurances" about Affleck, and people are still doubting he'll be involved

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Holding on to hope...

What's wrong with WB? First they want to replace Affleck, now they want to do the same with Cavill.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well really, I can't say I know enough about HR to believe this is the absolute truth. But it is pretty likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    His Fallout contract wouldn't allow him to shave.
    I don't actually blame him but the situation was a little dumb if no one could work out how much easier a fake mustache would be compared to CGI editing out a mustache and altering his appearance.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It sounds like they are still "in negotiation" but the negotiations must not be going well if they're already looking at someone else to replace him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I don't actually blame him but the situation was a little dumb if no one could work out how much easier a fake mustache would be compared to CGI editing out a mustache and altering his appearance.
    Oh, Paramount knew. WB offered to pay the CGI costs (which McQuarrie et al figured to be around US$ 3 million) ...

In fact, McQuarrie agreed to accept the $3 million and shut down production of Mission: Impossible to allow Cavill time to regrow his moustache, however, the bosses at Paramount had different ideas.

"Somebody from Paramount Pictures said, ‘What is going on? What are you people even talking about?’" McQuarrie explained, "‘There’s no way we’re going to do that.’ We were just like, ‘Okay.’ That was the best plan that we could come up with."
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...n-impossibles/

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It sounds like they are still "in negotiation" but the negotiations must not be going well if they're already looking at someone else to replace him.
    Thing is...

Didn't they already have some shooting done for Shazam? The Insta-banter between Cavill and Levi sure made it seem as if something had been done...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    Is this proof Superman is impossible to do on big screen?
    The Donner films still exist dude. Hell even Superman Returns was just dull at worst. And let’s not forget DCEU Batman has been a complete cluster and JL bombed completely. Are those “impossible to do on the big screen”?

Besides the animated movies show the characters aren’t the problem. Snyder, Goyer/Terrio, and WB are the problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Thing is...

Didn't they already have some shooting done for Shazam? The Insta-banter between Cavill and Levi sure made it seem as if something had been done...
    It was planned to be done in post-production apparently. Now it just won’t happen at all.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-12-2018 at 11:03 AM.

The good news is a Supergirl movie is more likely to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The good news is a Supergirl movie is more likely to happen.
    Erm...hooray?

We already have a tv show that's played out potential plots for several Supergirl movies.

WB's failure is now complete.

And yes I said that as Darth Vader.

As a live-action entity Superman is done, at least for a decade and probably longer. At least for Kal-El. WB doesn't get it and there's no indication they ever will. Hence their heavy interest in Supergirl instead and mulling interest in going for a black Superman (who'd probably be a different entitiy like Val-Zod was). They want to corner the Super market but they don't actually get Superman enough to do it. So let's bypass the main guy and do it with offshoots now. They'll probably screw that up as well anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-12-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El