Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

"Henry betrayed me, don't you betray me" said Anakin to Affleck

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The good news is a Supergirl movie is more likely to happen.
    Really? Because yes, they can do basically whatever they want, but to me it seems pretty hard to make a Supergirl movie in the DCEU universe without a Superman cameo.
    Even when they made the 1984 Supergirl flick, they had Reeve appear in a poster or something.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

It takes such a specific actor to pull off Superman and Clark, and Henry was it...he just got short changed by Snyder and company. What an absolute mess. If they do reboot, they need to start out with something other than Superman and build up to it. Maybe build on the Green Lantern Corps and New Gods and then go from there? I don't know, my mind boggles as they have 3 DCU movies about to come out in the next year.

BANNED

BANNED

Warner Bros Official Statement

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/...ial-statement/

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged,"

A good working relationship is maintained, but this neither confirms or denies anything in regards to Superman

Yeah, this is all code for "yeah, its true, but we're not ready to officially confirm it yet so here's some platitudes."
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

He’s gone bro. If he wasn’t gone they’d deny it, this is trending all over social media.

Maybe this is all an elaborate marketing stunt for the next solo Superman movie but I seriously doubt it. Henry has moved on to play Geralt and has left this sad dumpster fire of a franchise behind. Oh and Affleck is absolutely out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Waste of an actor and waste of a premise.

Cavill never really had the chance to shine in the role because he wasn't given much to work with (how many lines did he have in BvS and Justice League?).

I'm lukewarm on Man of Steel but I still feel there's potential in Snyder's set-up.
    You don't need words to act.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ugh, what a shitshow. At least the band aid has been mostly ripped off now and we can start to move on. But not only is the lack of Cavill upsetting, but the seeming lack of any interest in moving forward with Superman is incredibly frustrating.

This is the age of superhero films, and WB ****ed this up so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Cavill was plain awful. And much of the criticism of the films falls on his head.
    No it doesn't. Or at least it shouldn't. You are aware that he had no control over the creative direction of the character and just acted the way Snyder wanted him to, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The good news is a Supergirl movie is more likely to happen.
    It's more bitter sweet than anything. If we were looking at some MCU level success and planning, we wouldn't have to have one in place of the other, we'd be getting both.

As it stands, there is a deeply unsatisfying hole in the narrative if they move forward without a Superman, Cavill or no. A throw away line that she met him between movies or something but we don't actually get to see any interaction sounds awful.

A Supergirl movie offers nothing for me, personally. Because its still WB behind it. I have no reason at this point to think they won't mess this up too.

Furthermore as much as I like Supergirl she's not Superman, and never will be. WB can be as rah rah with their diversity all they want, they'll never find success trying to maker Supergirl the cornerstone of a verse like Supeman is. The character just never has been and never will be Superman. She's a compliment to the mythos, not a cornerstone of it.

And no, before anyone freaks out on me, that's not a statement that Supergirl can't be it because she's a girl. She's just not that character nor ever has been. Wonder Woman has that factor, and funnily enough she's the only successful franchise in this shitshow. But, for that franchises sake, I'd rather she not be made the cornerstone of the verse because all it would do is bring that franchise down.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-12-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Well i think I might be done with DC films on the big screen. I will probably see WW84 and Aquaman and MAYBE the Batman if Affleck stays out of pure curiosity, but this whole crap show WB has orchestrated is ridiculous.

Mark my words. We won't see another live action Superman movie for at least 10 years. As long as they can make money off of Batman and Wonder Woman, they don't care about Superman.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    A Supergirl movie offers nothing for me, personally. Because its still WB behind it. I have no reason at this point to think they won't mess this up too.

Furthermore as much as I like Supergirl she's not Superman, and never will be. WB can be as rah rah with their diversity all they want, they'll never find success trying to maker Supergirl the cornerstone of a verse like Supeman is. The character just never has been and never will be Superman. She's a compliment to the mythos, not a cornerstone of it.

And no, before anyone freaks out on me, that's not a statement that Supergirl can't be it because she's a girl. She's just not that character nor ever has been. Wonder Woman has that factor, and funnily enough she's the only successful franchise in this shitshow. But, for that franchises sake, I'd rather she not be made the cornerstone of the verse because all it would do is bring that franchise down.
    Yep. Couldn't agree more.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

I saw this coming a mile away. WB isn't interested in Superman, not in the immediate sense, so disappointing. No offense to SG, she's not the character I'm desperate to see done justice on the screen, no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well i think I might be done with DC films on the big screen. I will probably see WW84 and Aquaman and MAYBE the Batman if Affleck stays out of pure curiosity, but this whole crap show WB has orchestrated is ridiculous.

Mark my words. We won't see another live action Superman movie for at least 10 years. As long as they can make money off of Batman and Wonder Woman, they don't care about Superman.
    Oh yeah, I said the exact same thing too, 10 years. At the earliest. A savior for Superman and his fans would be the small screen. But nope, they specifically go out of their way to ban him from having anything like that. Awesome perception, WB.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Only 10 years? You’re more optimistic than I am. As long as they can mik Batman they don’t give a shot about anyone else. And how much longer is the superhero craze going to last?

Oh and I can’t see Affleck staying on. Dude is 1. Old, 2. Openly talked about finding an exit, and 3. Currently in rehab. Reeves is absolutely looking for a replacement. Only reason they haven’t announced it yet is because they wanted to avoid the meltdown they’re having right now.