Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Michael B Jordan is being considered for the role of Superman? Shot me dead.

https://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-...superman-dceu/

Apparently we get some contradictory reports here. This one's Cavill's agent saying

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Garcia
    Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today.
    Followed by Warner Bros:

While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged.
    In other words, it's inconclusive, which is a hell of a lot better than the earlier "he's gone" that we thought we got, and the assumed "so is the DCEU" that's so easy to read into the idea of his removal.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hm. So is it the demand for more money or the demand for more creative control that made WB balk? Because if it’s the money I could sort of understand. Much as I like Cavill he isn’t A-List, at least not yet. But if it’s creative control then F off WB, you’ve demonstrated again and again you have no clue what to do with Supes. At least Cavill has read a comic book, and he’d probably finally give us Brainiac.

Seriously guys I can’t stand the idea of waiting 10 years to get Lex or Zod AGAIN. I want someone else ffs.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm. So is it the demand for more money or the demand for more creative control that made WB balk? Because if it’s the money I could sort of understand. Much as I like Cavill he isn’t A-List, at least not yet. But if it’s creative control then F off WB, you’ve demonstrated again and again you have no clue what to do with Supes. At least Cavill has read a comic book, and he’d probably finally give us Brainiac.

Seriously guys I can’t stand the idea of waiting 10 years to get Lex or Zod AGAIN. I want someone else ffs.
    It's for the money, it's always a matter of money.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Just so we're clear, it's not in dispute anymore? He's officially out? Because I've been seeing stuff back and forth all day that suggests it's still up in the air.
    Assassinate Putin!

I want Cavill back, but I'm staunchly in the corner of hoping he and his agent don't "fall in line".
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I want Cavill back, but I'm staunchly in the corner of hoping he and his agent don't "fall in line".
    Yes, especially for the creative control. I think Cavill and his agents may be pushing for more money than he's worth (then again he's the one who has to be the face of the franchise and it when it fails, like we've seen, he takes a big brunt of it), but I find it easy to believe that the character would be safer with more creative input from him or Cavill having a hand in choosing the screen writer and director whose views line up more with his, unlike Snyder.

WB doesn't really deserve much sympathy. They are seemingly uniquely incapable of pulling this off beyond Jenkins bailing their asses out for WW.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Just so we're clear, it's not in dispute anymore? He's officially out? Because I've been seeing stuff back and forth all day that suggests it's still up in the air.
    Currently, he's more out than in.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, especially for the creative control. I think Cavill and his agents may be pushing for more money than he's worth (then again he's the one who has to be the face of the franchise and it when it fails, like we've seen, he takes a big brunt of it), but I find it easy to believe that the character would be safer with more creative input from him or Cavill having a hand in choosing the screen writer and director whose views line up more with his, unlike Snyder.

WB doesn't really deserve much sympathy. They are seemingly uniquely incapable of pulling this off beyond Jenkins bailing their asses out for WW.
    Agreed. I'm with Vordan and you that I don't think Cavill is "A-list", but at the same time its the job of the agent to work for more dough, and she's probably operating on the idea that MI upped his status, and on that I'd agree it did to some degree, even if not making him suddenly Brad Pitt. As for creative, I'd trust him and his ability to pick someone to helm it a hell of a lot more than I'd trust WB at this point.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-12-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really liked Henry Cavill. Thought he was the first guy who looked the part in a long time, and he had a lot of charm. I saw this coming a mile away though. It's smart on his part, honestly- Justice League had the potential to be career-ender of a wreck. Last thing he wants is to be stuck in another one.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-12-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    #BringBackRouth

Now that he's older he will fit the role better.
    He'd prolly do it for free at this point, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Henry posted this on Instagram. I think he is indicating the rise and fall of Superman.

https://twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/...19777085992963

I'm sad to see Henry go, assuming he's gone.

If the show is going to go on without him, then I hope they get a big name star who wants the role to do the part. As I've mentioned before, giving the Batman role to someone who might not have gotten along with the Superman actor, was a bigger name, and wanted to edit the movie himself pretty much meant Superman was not going to be the primary focus of the cinemated DCU.

Boisterously Confused

News I saw had a quote that hit hard. "...not.planning a Superman film for several years..."

WB. Your FLAG-#$+&ing-SHIP CHARACTER! The Source Of The Entire Genre! The Pioneer Of Big Budget Superhero Films!

WB. I. Am. Done. With. You.

(k' let's be real, make another good supes cartoon an' I'll be your bitch again ..)