Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default With Ben and Henry out, can Gal hold the DC movies up?

I hope so. lol. I loved Ben and Henry, but as long as Gal doesn't go anywhere, I think the others can be replaced. *Shrugs
    Richard Alexander

In a word, yes.

It sounds like WB is fast-tracking the Supergirl movie, and maybe Batgirl, so I'm less concerned about Gal's tenure as Wonder Woman than I would be otherwise. She can stay on as Wonder Woman for some time, with the new group of movies... and maybe even after the recasting of the other two? I wonder how that would feel in-universe. Hopefully WB can successfully prop up characters like Shazam, Aquaman and Supergirl, like Marvel did with their B and C list characters. Gal is now the iconic version of Wonder Woman, so I don't think she's going anywhere for at least the next decade. I won't be surprised if a Wonder Woman cameo replaces the Superman cameo in Shazam.

And according to this, they don't need a Superman... because they have Wonder Woman...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#321ab4762c9b
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I've been arguing on facebook, that quite honestly, it's time that DC/Warner Bros sees the goldmine they have in their other characters. Zatanna, Black Canary, Vixen, Hawkman/Hawkwoman, Martian Manhunter, The Titans, The Justice Society.

Superman and Batman, and their world has had over 70something plus years with them having Cartoons, Movies, Radio, etc. It's time for the rest of the DC Universe to get pushed into the limelight. IMO. They will be back, but let them rest for now.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I've been arguing on facebook, that quite honestly, it's time that DC/Warner Bros sees the goldmine they have in their other characters. Zatanna, Black Canary, Vixen, Hawkman/Hawkwoman, Martian Manhunter, The Titans, The Justice Society.

Superman and Batman, and their world has had over 70something plus years with them having Cartoons, Movies, Radio, etc. It's time for the rest of the DC Universe to get pushed into the limelight. IMO. They will be back, but let them rest for now.
    It's true. Not that Batman and Superman aren't A List, but Batman's been done to death, and Superman had a difficult go, and this was his third time around. I think Wonder Woman is their #1 now. Let her be the Iron Man (glue) to all the other characters they develop. I think Shazam and Aquaman are a good start, and I think Supergirl will be amazing if done correctly. add Wonder Woman and some others and that's a heck of a line up.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 09-12-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    It's true. Not that Batman and Superman ain't A List, but Batman's been done to death, and Superman had a difficult go, and this was his third time around. I think Wonder Woman is their #1 now. Let her be the Iron Man (glue) to all the other characters they develop. I think Shazam and Aquaman are a good start, and I think Supergirl will be amazing if done correctly. add Wonder Woman and some others and that's a heck of a line up.
    Is it bad i'd rather they didn't do Supergirl ether? She's great on TV. Let the worlds of Batman and Superman breathe and rest.
    Richard Alexander

Retired

Even though she's appeared in three DC movies so far, the only movie that's actually been a clear hit for Gal Gadot is WONDER WOMAN, so let's not get ahead of ourselves--but getting ahead of themselves is what DC/WB do.

A lot will depend on WONDER WOMAN 1984. It could be a big bomb and then all those plans will go down like the plans for Reynolds, Cavill and Affleck. But they might use 1984 as a way to change the timeline (rather than the Flashpoint movie that might never get made), so BVS and JUSTICE LEAGUE never happened (or didn't happen the way we remember).

I think WB would be better making Superman and Batman movies that take place in Elseworlds, for the time being, until they can get a handle on how to do a shared universe with those characters. A Red Son Superman, for example. And WB is good at horror movies--so do a Batman Elseworlds that's a horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Is it bad i'd rather they didn't do Supergirl ether? She's great on TV. Let the worlds of Batman and Superman breathe and rest.
    Not bad at all. I'm just super excited about the idea, because I want to see Supergirl and Wonder Woman interact. With no Superman around, they could do a version of the DCAU Superman/Batman: Apocalypse story line, but where Diana is the sole mentor and trainer for Kara... we could get an uber powerful Superman Villain facing off against Kara and Diana instead of Kara and Kal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though she's appeared in three DC movies so far, the only movie that's actually been a clear hit for Gal Gadot is WONDER WOMAN.
    but it's also important to remember that Gal's Wonder Woman was the only thing in all of the movies that received near universal praise, and exit polling (is that what they call it?) indicated that a majority of movie-goers who saw Justice League in theaters were there because they wanted to see more Wonder Woman... and some Aquaman (according to Rotten Tomatoes at the time.)

Not bad at all. I'm just super excited about the idea, because I want to see Supergirl and Wonder Woman interact. With no Superman around, they could do a version of the DCAU Superman/Batman: Apocalypse story line, but where Diana is the sole mentor and trainer for Kara... we could get an uber powerful Superman Villain facing off against Kara and Diana instead of Kara and Kal.
    I only want Kara introduced if Clark is there. We were denied this with the original Supergirl movie, and even to an extent the TV Show. I would love for them to a big screen version of this movie, (Which was good.)

Then you can spin her off into her own movies.
    Richard Alexander

Why does she have to hold it up? I like Wonder Woman but there are other DC characters. Relying on just one character is not only unnecessary it detrimental.

I think she can hold it up. And I say that as someone who was not enamored with the WW movie.

OP gets an A+ for comic panel selection.
    Last edited by Largo161; 09-12-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I don't understand how Wonder Woman fans can trust the same tabloids that said they had inside sources that the Wonder Woman film was trash. It just boggles the mind.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't understand how Wonder Woman fans can trust the same tabloids that said they had inside sources that the Wonder Woman film was trash. It just boggles the mind.
    Can you be more specific? Which tabloids, and about what? If it's about Henry as Superman, or Supergirl Movie, I'm only quoting Forbes, Variety and Hollywood Reporter (I don't recall they ever said anything bad about the Wonder Woman movie.)

Well, maybe they started releasing that news too quickly.... https://www.cbr.com/henry-cavill-man...l-Distribution
    Richard Alexander

Retired

but it's also important to remember that Gal's Wonder Woman was the only thing in all of the movies that received near universal praise, and exit polling (is that what they call it?) indicated that a majority of movie-goers who saw Justice League in theaters were there because they wanted to see more Wonder Woman... and some Aquaman (according to Rotten Tomatoes at the time.)
    But it shows that the good will toward Wonder Woman only goes so far. They can't bank on that. They might be able to do solo Wonder Woman movies, but they can't use Gal Gadot to prop up every DC movie and hope that people will go see them, just because she shares screen time with a bunch of other actors. And it's dangerous--because the more over-exposed she becomes, the less special the Wonder Woman movies will seem.