Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I usually defer to Grace Randolph's insider knowledge about situations like this, and I agree that this isn't exactly over yet. If the WB and Cavill (and his "manager") can get over this game of chicken, they might still work something out. Personally, I think he made a great Superman/Clark Kent & given the right material he could really shine in this role. A good director with a hopeful vision could also make a difference.

If not, then I don't see any reason why Wonder Woman couldn't carry on as this franchises centerpiece as they scrap what came before and enter their "Phase 2".
    I agree with all of this.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    With the Carol Danvers CAPTAIN MARVEL movie set in the 1990s, I could see a Kara Zor-El (Danvers) SUPERGIRL movie set in the 1990s, as well. She arrives on Earth as a teen, and Wonder Woman trains her to be a super-hero. That way you avoid the need for Superman to be in the movie. Not that I want that to happen, but it could be a way to do the Maid of Steel without Cavill in the picture. Maybe at the end of the movie she finds baby Kal-El, who has arrived on Earth after her.
    I dig the idea of Wonder Woman being the mentor and trainer, but I think it would have to be present day. Superman would have to be off planet or missing for Kara's arrival. I think it's gonna be SUPER difficult to try to have a Supergirl origin movie with no Superman.

The rest, I don't think is possible. She'd be Superwoman, and he'd be Superboy...

Justice League flopped even with Gal in it. She can’t carry a universe alone, she needs help. She can absolutely keep it alive long enough to fix which is what appears to be going on. Still I just want a good WW trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Justice League flopped even with Gal in it. She can’t carry a universe alone, she needs help. She can absolutely keep it alive long enough to fix which is what appears to be going on. Still I just want a good WW trilogy.
    Justice League flopped because it was a boring movie. And imagine how bad JL would have come down if Wonder Woman hadn't been as successful as it was.

I like the comparison that was made earlier with Robert Downey jr as Iron Man in the MCU, and I imagine that Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman might be able to fill a similar role for the future DC movies, as the person who connects everything together and is the social hub for the superheroes. Main issue there is that Gadot isn't as talented an actor as Downey. For good dramatic scenes she needs a good director and good co-actors, and the issue gets worse the more she has to "lead" a scene.

But hopefully Gadot can improve in this area.

It was on track to be a flop pre-release. People didn’t show up to watch it just because Gadot was in it, and they won’t show up for another JL movie either, unless it gets good reviews. WW is the closest thing WB has to an Iron Man, but it takes more than that to make a cinematic universe. The audience has to be invested in EVERYONE not just one person.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She can't carry a universe alone. No character can, really.

She can carry her own trilogy, and that's all that matters. The rest of this mess is beyond just Wonder Woman to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Not bad at all. I'm just super excited about the idea, because I want to see Supergirl and Wonder Woman interact. With no Superman around, they could do a version of the DCAU Superman/Batman: Apocalypse story line, but where Diana is the sole mentor and trainer for Kara... we could get an uber powerful Superman Villain facing off against Kara and Diana instead of Kara and Kal.
    Word is that Supergirl will be another period piece involving Brainiac and a very young Kal-El.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Word is that Supergirl will be another period piece involving Brainiac and a very young Kal-El.
    I don't know if it will be set in the same universe. Maybe they just won't say and leave it open (which I think is what will happen with WONDER WOMAN 1984). But if they want to bring Supergirl forward in time to the present day, it could be that she's put in the Phantom Zone and comes out in the sequel where it's today. Or she could take off in a rocket ship and by the time she gets back (Einstein fuzzy logic) it's the present.

I think the better option is a Krypto movie. Imagine if the only survivor of Krypton was a dog--he was sent into space in an experimental rocket and then the planet blew up before any humans could be saved. Krypto comes to Earth and is adopted by a kind family who teach him right from wrong and he goes on to save the Earth from enemies that would destroy it. He's the world's greatest super-hero and every other super-hero on Earth looks up to him as their ideal. Even Batman likes him.

Still no official confirmation about Henry or Ben. This is strange. And quiet.