Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some people will tell you 'no'. These people are wrong and should be ignored. Buy the book.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    Some people will tell you 'no'. These people are wrong and should be ignored. Buy the book.
    Why? What is specifically good about it?

Not sarcasm, I know nothing except it references metal music and Shazam was mentioned in two panels.

Even if a book is bad I would still say read it. You gotta refine your palette of what you like, if you don't like a certain character or type of story I think it's good to seek them out to get a better understanding of why you like or dislike certain things.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Even if a book is bad I would still say read it. You gotta refine your palette of what you like, if you don't like a certain character or type of story I think it's good to seek them out to get a better understanding of why you like or dislike certain things.
    Any recommendation for strategies for someone who’s financial arrangement limits purchase severely? Like, around 1-3 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Any recommendation for strategies for someone who’s financial arrangement limits purchase severely? Like, around 1-3 a month.
    Find a critic or fan or someone you share similar opinions with and take their recommendations. Critics are important for stuff like that.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

You can skip it. The story devolves into a bunch of randomness
    The J-man

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am re-reading it with a student now and it holds up pretty well. I would recommend reading the two Dark Days issues though, as that sets the stage for a lot of what goes on in the main story.

It is a big, dumb Heavy Metal album cover come to life, but it is clearly a work of love.

Why? What is specifically good about it?

Not sarcasm, I know nothing except it references metal music and Shazam was mentioned in two panels.
    I won't get into specifics. It was just fun to read. It was entertaining. To me it was cool seeing the dark multiverse and the little nods to other stories. I say all of that as someone who doesn't like Scott Snyder on Batman. I hated his run on Batman and his All Star Batman was garbage.

I won't get into specifics. It was just fun to read. It was entertaining. To me it was cool seeing the dark multiverse and the little nods to other stories. I say all of that as someone who doesn't like Scott Snyder on Batman. I hated his run on Batman and his All Star Batman was garbage.
    Thank you, but this doesn’t help me much.

“Trust me, it’s good” promotions don’t give me any information.

Thank you, but this doesn’t help me much.

“Trust me, it’s good” promotions don’t give me any information.
    I'm not saying trust me, it's good. It's definitely not for everyone, as you can see in this thread. I'm just saying, personally for me, I found it a fun read and the less you know going in the better. I will say it's an important read also, since it's still affecting the DC universe proper and will for some time.

I'm not saying trust me, it's good. It's definitely not for everyone, as you can see in this thread. I'm just saying, personally for me, I found it a fun read and the less you know going in the better. I will say it's an important read also, since it's still affecting the DC universe proper and will for some time.
    Alright then.

How so?

If you don’t want spoilers, I understand.

It was grimdark for the sake of being grimdark, so to me, DNM was meh.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

If you read Snyder's run you might enjoy the event more. Makes things a little clearer, but not necessary. I'll say if you haven't read any of his New 52/Bruce Wayne BAtan run you might not enjoy Dark Knights metal, because you'll just be thrown into this crazy event without any bearing.

That being said even if you read Snyder's previous work you might not enjoy the event. Fair warning.
    The J-man

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I had to stop reading it... and am now pretty convinced that Snyder needs to be kept away from anything related to comics.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I got the HCs and trades and stopped reading it halfway through because fun and dumb or Metal easter eggs is not what I want from Batman (Austin Powers maybe). It was just not an interesting read Snyder has done better, Capullo as well. I liked the trade BATMAN THE CAPED CRUSADER more, containing 80s stories by Jim Starlin (who also created Thanos). Metal is another Bruce is an ******* story. He protects his secrets first and foremost, not giving a **** about others.