Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-men blue 35 discussion *spoilers*

Just wanted to start a new threads for the discussion.

All the 05 (except Scott I guess) get some dialogue with their adult counterparts. It’s kinda nice. The iceman and jean scenes were great.... especially the iceman. So adorable.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

As a group, I don't think I've ever enjoyed the young 05 more than this issue.

I really loved the Archangel/Angel and Bobby/Bobby scenes, especially.

I am so confused how the future scenes tie into the future we’ve seen since there was one for Iceman despite the future Magneto saw confirmed that Bobby was dead.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Probably takes place before he bites it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I am so confused how the future scenes tie into the future we’ve seen since there was one for Iceman despite the future Magneto saw confirmed that Bobby was dead.
    Bobby simply must have died some time later although can not imagine how that would be possible with his powers.

At this point it does not matter anymore you can say that it has become an alternative reality of the future of many.

Finally the two Warren had their moment.

Well this issue is a goodbye but personally I've never liked them to have stayed so long. What does not mean was all bad on the contrary many like the O5 and this gave us some good stories.

I just do not see the point since in the end none of them except perhaps Bobby has achieved something with this journey.Speaking of him the only one I feel some pity is the young Bobby he was the one who won the most and will be the one who will have more to lose when returning to the past.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Probably takes place before he bites it.
    Given it wasn't dystopic, it had to be.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I just do not see the point since in the end none of them except perhaps Bobby has achieved something with this journey.Speaking of him the only one I feel some pity is the young Bobby he was the one who won the most and will be the one who will have more to lose when returning to the past.
    I'm not invested in either Bobby but I thought that was a nice if bittersweet moment. I thought adult Bobby handled it especially well.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was actually pretty good. Too bad Bunn wasn't trying this hard with these characters throughout the series. The future glimpses were kind of pointless, although the one with Iceboi was very cute. Also kind of silly how Bunn brought up the Sleepers, I think he's the only writer invested in that loose end. Adult Warren's characterization made this difficult to place in continuity, was this before or after Astonishing, which Archangel are we dealing with here? To's art was very nice.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I loved this.

Loved that Bunn bounced between the O5 saying that they needed to go home, and the future where their continued presence would mean disaster (not Iceman's but still). Bobby's really was the biggest gut punch. Curious how Scott's will go in the next issue.

BANNED

That good that nobody is talking about it.The thread is stuck at page 1.So,here's some more.

Spectacular Member

I lost my love for Cullen Bunn a long time ago. His X-Men Blue was unreadable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That good that nobody is talking about it.The thread is stuck at page 1.So,here's some more.
    The double-edged sword of a decent issue. If there's nothing controversial you run out of things to say pretty quickly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I lost my love for Cullen Bunn a long time ago. His X-Men Blue was unreadable for me.
    Did you read the issue, though?

I am impressed that a comics' author finally took into consideration the personal implication of time travel on the characters. Jeen's comment about how the person she has become needs to die to regress back to who she was so that she may become adult Jean is spot-on. The O5 are both the same person as their adults counter-parts and different person because what they have become will never be part of the past of their adult-self. The person they have become need to erase themselves so that their adult-self may live.