View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #31

0 0%
  • Cemetery Beach #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Farmhand #3

0 0%
  • Head Lopper #9

0 0%
  • Hey Kids! Comics! #2

1 12.50%
  • Mage, The Hero Denied #12 (of 16)

3 37.50%
  • MCMLXXV #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • The New World #3 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Oblivion Song #7

0 0%
  • Rat Queens #11

0 0%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #12

0 0%
  • Sleepless #7

0 0%
  • The Weatherman #4

1 12.50%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #39

1 12.50%
  • Other - The Beauty #23, Crowded #2, Proxima Centauri #4 (of 6), or Unnatural #2 (of 12)

2 25.00%

Default Weekly Image poll #37 - how are those Beach bods looking?

We're back, Wednesday warriors! Vote for your faves or just chat about stuff.

Last week's winner was Paper Girls which is headed for another major "season finale" type issue next month. Hopefully the cliff-hanger is a little less traumatic than the current cliff Saga is bungling off...

This week: Birthright is back for a brand new storyline! Same goes for Head Lopper! And for Oblivion Song! And for Sleepless! Heck, and Rat Queens too! Dry County gets a complete collected edition, Mage: The Hero Denied is hurtling towards a finish, New World reaches the half-way point, and The Wicked + The Divine concludes another story arc.

New this week:
    1. Cemetery Beach, about escaping a torture ward and disappearing unseen from an off-world colony filled with raving lunatics, is the new Warren Ellis/Jason Howard project starting this week. Good to see Ellis creating new things again.

2. MCMLXXV (1975) by Joe Casey promises to deliver "modern mythology for a new generation", and is centered around cab driver Pamela Evans. She wields a magic tire iron to fight monsters and demons. And you thought Uber was tough competition!

317778.jpg 317776.jpg

Mighty Member

I would be excited about the new Ellis book, if I thought he'd stick around for more than six issues. I almost always like what he does but it's frustrating when he releases so sporadically and just leaves books in limbo.

Wicked and the Divine is the easy winner for me. It's going to win pretty much every week it comes out, unless we get an East of West that week (speaking of sporadic releases)..

Chaykin over Wagner.

This thing is a lot harder when you're reading more than one book.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I would be excited about the new Ellis book, if I thought he'd stick around for more than six issues. I almost always like what he does but it's frustrating when he releases so sporadically and just leaves books in limbo.
    A few years ago there was a report here which detailed how Ellis had run into some serious medical issues, which was a reason he took much more time to write comics and did fewer projects too. Given that context, I'm glad to see him writing new stuff at all, hope he's doing well. As a reader, sporadic releases may seem frustrating, but it's very understandable why the releases are more sporadic.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This thing is a lot harder when you're reading more than one book.
    Tell me about it, one month you're reading 1 book a week at most, and then all of a sudden you get weeks like these! Head Lopper, Sleepless, and Proxima Centauri would normally be automatic votes for me. Now I've actually gotta read them before deciding!

Cemetery Beach was a lot better than I was expecting, I want to see where it goes. I would've voted for it if I had been on here in time.

Oblivion song I am switching to trade waiting starting here (issue #7). It's good but nothing is happening that I must read immediately for fear of spoilers or to have water cooler talk =/.