Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Overall, a solid outing, though it was very inconsistent in some parts and actually read like Sina wasn't the writer. Bobby's voice changed too much since his last series, I don't know.

I'm not big on Bishop, so I wish anyone else had been the straight man, but overall the interaction was... fine.

For a story that heavily riffs off the Mutant Massacre, it seemed it had too much levity and ended too fast. That was to be expected in an Iceman 5-issue mini where the Morlocks are not (apparently) the main course, but it still seems kind of cheap.

I'm actually intrigued to see what's the business with Christian Frost and with Mr. Sinister, and if those two threads connect.

Something something Dadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's what happens when you give someone only a 5 issue miniseries when they have lots of story to tell. Bendis would have decompressed the hell out of the content from just this one issue to about 80 issues.
    Yeah. They should at least have made it a maxi like Red, which would have given some of the ideas room to breathe.

I remember that the original Mutant Massacre was considered too big for just one book, so Simonson (I think?) decided it needed to be across the whole X-line. Given that, doing it in five issues seems ... ambitious.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Overall, a solid outing, though it was very inconsistent in some parts

For a story that heavily riffs off the Mutant Massacre, it seemed it had too much levity and ended too fast. That was to be expected in an Iceman 5-issue mini where the Morlocks are not (apparently) the main course, but it still seems kind of cheap.
    Yeah. They could have cut out the Morlock body floating in the water. Book went from that grimdark moment to quippy in a pretty quick and jarring manner. This could have been easily fixed by an editor though. Too bad all the ones on the X-Line have been cursed into an eternal sleep.

Yeah. They could have cut out the Morlock body floating in the water. Book went from that grimdark moment to quippy in a pretty quick and jarring manner. This could have been easily fixed by an editor though. Too bad all the ones on the X-Line have been cursed into an eternal sleep.
    Lol, the blasted proverbial poisoned apple is at it again.

Also, not too cool on how Bobby said "Kitty f'd me over to send a team help Jean Grey" as if he weren't talking about one of his BFFs since the 60's. I get that he can be mad at Kitty, but full-name basis-ing Jean? Bobby? Yeah, no.

Grace needed to put on his own editor's hat there. He was an editor for a loooong time.

This was great because it was an all too real commentary about assimilation. The mini is very slice of life like his solo was. I hope Bishop sticks around.

It was cool, I was just happy Bishop had a role. Hate the art wish Robert Gill was still drawing it would’ve made the book 10x better. One thing I noticed is Bobby not having any luck hooking up, with teen Bobby getting sent back there for erasing his outing, I’m getting a feeling Bobby might be reverted back to straight. Idk I don’t see how he can remain gay if his outing is being erased essentially....

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    One thing I noticed is Bobby not having any luck hooking up, with teen Bobby getting sent back there for erasing his outing, I’m getting a feeling Bobby might be reverted back to straight. Idk I don’t see how he can remain gay if his outing is being erased essentially....
    I don't think that's the result of Extermination.

And even if they erase the memories of Teen Bobby, he already "made" Adult Bobby come out. So a memory wipe on Iceboi shouldn't affect current Bobby who came out in UXM #300.

And even if they erase the memories of Teen Bobby, he already "made" Adult Bobby come out. So a memory wipe on Iceboi shouldn't affect current Bobby who came out in UXM #300.
    Ok I thought it would be a nobody remembers the O5 being around but I see now they are just getting sent back and reset, not everybody else. I def see this causing problems in the future though.

BANNED

You can't made a person gay or straight, it's from birth.

Bobby was just a closet gay until his younger self forced him to admit and NOT MADE him gay.

That's a difference.

Ok I thought it would be a nobody remembers the O5 being around but I see now they are just getting sent back and reset, not everybody else. I def see this causing problems in the future though.
    Nah in 2 years this will all be forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    You can't made a person gay or straight, it's from birth.

Bobby was just a closet gay until his younger self forced him to admit and NOT MADE him gay.

That's a difference.
    I think he was referring to Iceboi getting outed by Jeen forcing Iceman to come to terms and admit his gayness

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I think he was referring to Iceboi getting outed by Jeen forcing Iceman to come to terms and admit his gayness
    I love a person with reading comprehension skillz

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah in 2 years this will all be forgotten

Yeah until a writer comes along with a retcon, something like a small detail is left back with the O5, something that somehow reminds Jean of her time in the future or something being off that causes them to investigate with the Professor, and he finds out. Could make for a dope story actually...

Yeah until a writer comes along with a retcon, something like a small detail is left back with the O5, something that somehow reminds Jean of her time in the future or something being off that causes them to investigate with the Professor, and he finds out. Could make for a dope story actually...
    Story set in the past about Jean remembering a even happened in her future our past...yup convuluted enough for Marvel