Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What happened to Ultron? I'm WAY behind.

Mighty Member

Galactus ate his evil plan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    I have to start read the series, but by skipping through the pages i started to think, that i am so fed up with Deodatos artwork. It is so lazy, to see the same models for every person or for every object in all his works since i started reading comics. His Wolverine is the same model in 2009 as it is in 2018. The same with every axe or every sword, the same lazy 3d model.

And it is just ugly colored and unnecessary paneled.
    I normally really like Deodato as an artist. I came into comics when he was really improving himself on Dark Avengers.

And I really like his take on Loki in this event. He's swarmy, yet also rather pretty and delicate, but not too much. And I like his long hair. It seems like Deodato really likes drawing him. And Flowa looks great.

But then the art gets really lazy when it comes to anyone else.

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with how "left" this storyline went. I'm completely baffled by Gamora's motivations.

Mighty Member

Why do I get the feeling Flowa's book is going to get backlash because your main antagonist has unexplained motives?

Did she say Moondragon is dead? When did that happen?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's the midway point in Infinity Wars and, appropriately, it's a pivotal issue that changes the direction of the story.

Now that Gamora has won and holds all the cards, the question is: what's she going to do?

Loki warns her that in other realities this same story is playing out but that in those other worlds she is losing control of the stones.

He also has told her about the quarry of creation. She senses a boundary there that she wants to investigate.

Loki wants to accompany her but Gamora will have none of it.

She releases the heroes from the frozen moment of time she has stuck them in. But in order to hinder them, she folds the universe in half.

As she says "You won't be able to interfere...when you're chained to each other."

Hence, Warp World is created with amalgamated versions of the heroes and all new histories to accompany them.

As Loki notes, Gamora has, in a creatively twisted way, followed in Thanos' footsteps. Only rather than removing half the souls in existence, she's combined them.

Gamora leaves for the quarry of creation, along with Flowa, and hurls Loki into Warp World where he seeks help at the X-mansion - only to meet the amalgamated version of Wolverine and Emma Frost.

They determine that Loki's story checks out but promptly slams in the door in Loki's face while he continues to demand help in saving the universe.

------

This was a really fun issue. I'm a sucker for amalgamated characters and I can't wait to see how Warp World plays out.

There's more talk than action this time around but it's interesting talk as Gamora is in total control of the situation, even as Thanos' ghost or memory continues to whisper advice in her ear, and Loki does his best to ingratiate himself to her.

My one question would be whether Warp World is within the Soul Stone or whether Gamora schmushed the actual universe into this new configuration.

Wasn't sure about that - although I imagine it will become clearer next issue, or in a re-read.

Either way, that minor confusion aside, this was good stuff that sets things up for a wild second half of the story.
    Just to say I love the way you summarise issues

really easy to follow

Thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Just to say I love the way you summarise issues

really easy to follow

Thanks
    Thank you! I try to 'em simple and quick to read!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Did she say Moondragon is dead? When did that happen?
    It didn't. Duggan just threw that out last-minute because he probably was gonna bring them back together or something. Who knows what his original plan was.....

BANNED

gamora has become a Hamlet who has killed his father and is haunted by his ghost which prompts him to do insane things.

Explanation of the plot, so that we (and shopkeepers) can discuss this more easily:

Loki is insisting that her story will go the way this story always goes. He refers her to alternate realities. Thanos reminds her that the story is repeating in time and points to his own story.

Gamora folded reality to stop the heroes getting the stones back. By merging them she is introducing flaws in their characters. Contradictory themes and aspects of their character. She says "You won't be able to interfere when you are chained to each other." The implication is that they are now limited. As Loki says "the heroes will have great difficulty pulling themselves apart." Notably this implies that they may manage to.

She didn't choose to follow Thanos' path, he points it out once she folds reality.

Destiny has driven her down this path as if an unseen hand is shaping events to match the earlier story. She is denying that this is the same. She is insistent that this time things will be different. However she recognises that the way to ensure that this time is different is to uncover the Quarry of Creation, which presumably will enable her to write the story herself.

The reason Gamora hasn't 'just' merged her two parts is the Soul Eater. It is understandably making things very difficult inside the Soul Gem.

Basically this story is a self referential one about the nature of cosmic stories. Gamora is protagonist and the antagonist is the writer / the way stories always go.

The amalgam characters are designed to contain surprises as far as I can tell. Gamora is acting as a writer retconning the heroes. Changing their very nature, giving them fresh challenges. In a way she is deconstructing them by juxtaposing them. It may be a critical commentary on modern comics, or it may just be an excuse to go wild.

Thematically towards the end, we may see Gamora merge with her Soul Gem other and create a surprising combination that will rewrite her reality.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-27-2018 at 10:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Explanation of the plot, so that we (and shopkeepers) can discuss this more easily:

Loki is insisting that her story will go the way this story always goes. He refers her to alternate realities. Thanos reminds her that the story is repeating in time and points to his own story.

Gamora folded reality to stop the heroes getting the stones back. By merging them she is introducing flaws in their characters. Contradictory themes and aspects of their character. She says "You won't be able to interfere when you are chained to each other." The implication is that they are now limited. As Loki says "the heroes will have great difficulty pulling themselves apart." Notably this implies that they may manage to.

She didn't choose to follow Thanos' path, he points it out once she folds reality.

Destiny has driven her down this path as if an unseen hand is shaping events to match the earlier story. She is denying that this is the same. She is insistent that this time things will be different. However she recognises that the way to ensure that this time is different is to uncover the Quarry of Creation, which presumably will enable her to write the story herself.

The reason Gamora hasn't 'just' merged her two parts is the Soul Eater. It is understandably making things very difficult inside the Soul Gem.

Basically this story is a self referential one about the nature of cosmic stories. Gamora is protagonist and the antagonist is the writer / the way stories always go.

The amalgam characters are designed to contain surprises as far as I can tell. Gamora is acting as a writer retconning the heroes. Changing their very nature, giving them fresh challenges. In a way she is deconstructing them by juxtaposing them. It may be a critical commentary on modern comics, or it may just be an excuse to go wild.

Thematically towards the end, we may see Gamora merge with her Soul Gem other and create a surprising combination that will rewrite her reality.
    Yeah, things seem to be relatively straight-forward. Don't get the confusion that some people have mentioned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

another nice summary, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, things seem to be relatively straight-forward. Don't get the confusion that some people have mentioned.
    I wouldn’t go that far. It’s a strange plot. Without the recognition that Gamora is unwittingly following the plot of previous stories it would make her actions a little odd. The book is leaving that intuitive leap to the reader even if it isn’t a huge leap.

I don't know about anyone else, but Gamora just doesn't seem very "godly" to me when wielding the stones.

In the original infinity gauntlet story, Thanos was a god and EVERYONE from heroes to aspects were involved. There was a real feeling of dread and you could read the fear coming out of the other characters.

In this comic, it seems like Gamora has just acquired a power artifact rather than a god making weapon.

And I don't like that linking thing the stones have either. They seem weaker now.

Just my opinion so far. It might change as further issues come out.