Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Crossovers you'd like to see REMADE?

Armageddon 2001 (1990) : do a 2030 or 2040 version. You could have Signal as a future African-American batman. Grown up impulse and the super-sons Damian and John.
    Features wave rider and Captain Atom is finally revealed as monarch...

Bloodlines : a new wave of heroes receive the alien bite.

Others?

Batman / Daredevil. They did two, they were both terrible.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

War of the Gods and Amazons Attack.

The former deserves to be the bigger epic it was originally planned to be and the latter was an interesting concept that needed better build up and much better nuanced writing and plotting.

Justice League/Avengers (numerous members have joined both teams since)
    DC versus Marvel (the return of Access)

Mighty Member

(Thanks)

Would love another Dc/marvel crossover. (GOTG vs Omega Men, Miles Morales/Static, Harley Quinn/Moonstone etc. ) [OTHERS?]

Another Amalgam would be good : Quinnpool, "Groot-thing", Penguin/Mole man etc.

Who else could they merge?

I had an idea back in the day, instead of Amalgam, it was more of a switch. Like, Marvel would do DC and etc. Teen age farm boy clark Kent gets bitten by a spider and turns into Spider-Man: Man of Webs. Ben and May find a child in Central Park and raise him as their own and he becomes The Amazibg Superman. CSI scientist Barry Allen gets doused by chemicals, and when the need arises he becomes The Hulk: Strongest Man Alive. Bruce Banner is experimenting on Gamma Rays and becomes The Incredible Flash. Etc
    Last edited by Superfly Frankenstein; 09-13-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Lobo and Deadpool cross paths when taking on two separate contracts for the same target. Violent hilarity ensues.

it seems to me that in today's market of sagging monthly sales, both marvel and dc would jump at a chance to revisit marvel vs. dc or the amalgam universe with a fresh set of creators. seems like a guaranteed cash cow. i was only a few years into my comic collecting habit back when marvel vs dc launched and it BLEW MY MIND at the time.

i've always been a little surprised dc never cashed in with an ongoing kingdom come spin-off. be it the world post-kingdom come #4 or a prelude, always seemed like a no-brainer to me. not that i want the actual mini-series to be remade (as was the topic of this thread).

i know we got the wonderful late-90s hourman series, and various dc one million characters have popped up here and there over the years, but i've always been a bit surprised we didn't get more from it. i recently bought that $100 omnibus packaging the entire x-over together. certainly not EVERYTHING was a winner, but there was so much good stuff there. i mean, we got a damn telos series after that *awful* convergence thing dc tried passing off as an event a few years ago. who asked for telos??

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    I had an idea back in the day, instead of Amalgam, it was more of a switch. Like, Marvel would do DC and etc. Teen age farm boy clark Kent gets bitten by a spider and turns into Spider-Man: Man of Webs. Ben and May find a child in Central Park and raise him as their own and he becomes The Amazibg Superman. CSI scientist Barry Allen gets doused by chemicals, and when the need arises he becomes The Hulk: Strongest Man Alive. Bruce Banner is experimenting on Gamma Rays and becomes The Incredible Flash. Etc
    I'd like to see and amalgam that is Bruce wayne/Norman Osborn vs. Tony stark/lex Luther....

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i've always been a little surprised dc never cashed in with an ongoing kingdom come spin-off. be it the world post-kingdom come #4 or a prelude, always seemed like a no-brainer to me.
    Not as an ongoing, but some was explored:

The Kingdom
    By Waid, although these were not that well received.

Ross also had a chance to pursue his own ongoing vision, through JSA

not that i want the actual mini-series to be remade (as was the topic of this thread).
    ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-19-2018 at 07:40 AM.

i think most people are aware of those.

i think most people are aware of those.

i've always been a little surprised dc never cashed in with an ongoing kingdom come spin-off,
    Oh I thought since you implied they never tried to cash in with a spin-off, you might not have heard of the spin-offs, sorry.
    As to an ongoing, like I said, the Waid one's weren't received that well to pursue it*
    As to Alex Ross' post KC take,
    be it the world post-kingdom come.. #4
    Again this was pretty well satisfied through Ross' and Johns JSA
    And we know maintaining that level of art for an ongoing would have been impossible.

... or a prelude,
    As to a prelude: Alex Ross / Doug Braithwaite and Jim Krueger's Justice could be read somewhat as a prelude, as this was the world and heroes they had lost to a more dark cynical modern era which saw the Start of KC.
    My interpretation anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    There is a visual mirroring of a scene in KC which retroactively foreshadows, a parallel scene in Justice. (my interpretation anyway)
    (* FYI I personally would definitely have continued reading The Kingdom: Ibn al Xu'ffasch - Son of the Bat story)

As to the topic "Crossovers you'd like to see REMADE", not sure how you even qualified Kingdom Come for the topic in this thread? Hence my "?" to you. Since it wasn't a crossover to begin with. ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2018 at 06:00 AM.

the kingdom was most certainly not an ongoing spin-off, and thy kingdom come was, like, a full decade after the original. neither are examples of dc striking while the iron was hot, but i suppose it was a different era. nowadays it seems we're contractually obligated to get a new series or two out of each event.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Anything that has dated art or inconsistent art because they're spread through different books so they don't look as good in collected format or just artwork that I don't like and remade with the characters using today's costume and technology. Like some sort of HD Remastered Edition. Like for example I want to see how No Man's Land look if everything including the tie in is drawn by Jason Fabok or Knightfall by David Finch since he draws a great Bane.

Ooh I'd love Marvel vs DC drawn by Jim Lee

SHAZAM: The Monster Society of Evil.
    Pull List: Currently Empty