Batman: Year One

Batman: Gotham Knights

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Justice League: the New Frontier

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Justice League: Doom

Justice League: Flashpoint ParadoxDo

Justice League: Gods and Monsters
    I think I saw some of these but I couldn't find them under the movie section.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Is it true they have all the live action movies for DC up to 2012's Dark Knight Rises or am I wrong there?

And how many longer runs of comics do they have? Assuming it ever shows up in the Uk I might be tempted to get it to try some Justice League or Teen Titans runs or anything decent with a solo hero...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Is it true they have all the live action movies for DC up to 2012's Dark Knight Rises or am I wrong there?

And how many longer runs of comics do they have? Assuming it ever shows up in the Uk I might be tempted to get it to try some Justice League or Teen Titans runs or anything decent with a solo hero...
    Sadly wrong, just a few select films. I believe the plan is to keep adding films though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I saw some of these but I couldn't find them under the movie section.
    There was a more button on the bottom of my screen and they popped up.

I just got it yesterday for PC, have to wait for iPhone app though, but so far I’m liking it. Now while it doesn’t have everything, probably cause some stuff is holed up on other streaming services, but what they do have is good. I’ve already started watching Young Justice and Legion of Superheroes. The comic line-up is mixed, some series only have a few or 1 issues but others have either full or numerous issues(I saw 89 issues of Impulse available).

Honestly though for just starting out it’s good, I’m sure it will grow as more series are added and the original series begin.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Some initial feedback on it from various people via BC...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...-early-comics/

General consensus seems to be that the app is fun and varied but not that easy to find stuff easily and comics are a bit varied atm. Apparently most of Legends of the Dark Knight is on there, which is cool as I would enjoy a nice continuity light Batman anthology series of comics...

Extraordinary Member

Just got this, and the library of shows and animated movie is pretty close to impeccable. Just got done watching Death Of Superman, then Mayhem of the Music Meister from Batman: Brave and the Bold, and now I'm starting a binge watch of STAS.

Needless to say, if you're a person who's ever been tempted to buy a bunch of DC movie or TV collection, this is a service you probably should consider buying.

But on the comics, I'm curious what specific arcs you guys are hoping they include with the expansion? I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting a digital version of the Return of Barry Allen and Blitz (two stories that I think make it clear that legacy hero Wally West will always be superior to some "Barry must be the only real Flash!" marketing mandate), and Emerald Knights from Green Lantern, where Hal and Kyle got an awesome Pre-Rebirth team up. What do you guys want?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I can only speak to animation in what I want and I want to see the following:
    -Green Lantern animated series from a few years back, I really liked it and haven’t seen it since it went off the air.
    -Krypto the super dog, I loved when I was younger and it’d be awesome to have it on here
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm not too interested in the comics on it, TBH.
    Comixology and Hoopla are just fine.
    And they still have holes to fill on Comixology.

The shows interest me, however, and I'll prob subscribe for a month two times a year just to binge on Swamp Thing, Young Justice and Doom Patrol.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Needs some real polish with navigation
    I mean it doesn't seem so optimized on PC compared to tablet or mobile.
    Hopefully when it comes to Xbox or PS4 it will be much better
    They need a categories tab too and a tab to separate tv shows from movies and not clump them all together.

Comics section is a mess not sure how anyone will find anything that isn't being promoted

Encyclopedia is barely anything special. You'll find a more concise summary on wikipedia

Forum is probably gonna be a mess just like the old DC comics forums

Incredible Member

I’m a subscriber but I’m curious how their numbers are for memebers, I’m sure we’ll bever know their member numbers or how many people are viewing the original shows. The question is how do you get this app mainstream and not just the hardcore fans because they want to turn a profit if they are pouring money into titans stargirl swampthing and all these other original shows made for this service.

I have a quick question, I know it sells itself as having comics and people have been talking about the lack of comics but did anyone actually subscribe to this just for the comics? Cause I only knew people who were into this for all the old cartoons and the original series.
    Words to live by.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I have a quick question, I know it sells itself as having comics and people have been talking about the lack of comics but did anyone actually subscribe to this just for the comics? Cause I only knew people who were into this for all the old cartoons and the original series.

A lot of ppl post on the app that they are there for the comics.

I would just like better clarification on free with subscription and still pay with subscription comics.

Oh and maybe I like this forum setup,but their community page isn't the best

BANNED

Anyone been on the forums yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I’m a subscriber but I’m curious how their numbers are for memebers, I’m sure we’ll bever know their member numbers or how many people are viewing the original shows. The question is how do you get this app mainstream and not just the hardcore fans because they want to turn a profit if they are pouring money into titans stargirl swampthing and all these other original shows made for this service.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is TV advertising on the CW for this.

Actually, I think there is supposed to be television advertising...