Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Found my solution by talking to Apple support. Because my Apple TV box is not 4th generation or later they told me it would be impossible for me to get DCU Streaming. I really didn't plan on blowing another wad of cash at Best Buy today but that's what I'm doing. Sigh.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Their Encyclopedia is all Batman-oriented and worse, Nightwing isn't in the Bat Family. It goes Batman, Damian and Batwoman. WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Their Encyclopedia is all Batman-oriented and worse, Nightwing isn't in the Bat Family. It goes Batman, Damian and Batwoman. WHAT?
    Lol that's kinda funny. I wonder how revisionist they will go with their history. Also if they will explain the reboots and retcons and all that garbage.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

You would think that they would set up codenames to cover multiple people to don the name, rather than simply the latest. Robin could include bios leading to Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph, Damian and maybe even Carrie.

Nope. Some sections, like Power Girl's, mention Tanya but she's basically a footnote, but it also seems to count as her entry. I can imagine this being very frustrating for her fans.

Really bummed it's so Batman-centric. I love that corner of the universe, but it's a corner, not the touchstone. Referring to Superman, Wonder Woman and the like as "Batman's Allies" is disingenuous to the very notion of a shared universe. It makes Bruce the protagonist of the DCU as opposed to its highest-selling figure. They're not going to build fans of the other material if they introduce it as secondary.

Some older issues seem to be scans of the Showcase volumes, such as Aquaman (1962) #46, that is to say, no color.

It's a launch, so hopefully it grows into something greater, but I'll stick around a while to support them if I can see some progress being made at making it a proper DC UNIVERSE platform instead of Batman and his Sometimes Amazing Friends.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-15-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Got a Roku stick for $30 at Best Buy and now I'm loving the service. I can't get enough of it. I'm not going to do any other thing this weekend.

Signed up tonight, mainly for the animated material, and I'm pretty happy so far. Totally forgot about Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes. I loved that show!

Also plan to go through Justice League with my dad, something I've always wanted to do. The service should make it a lot more convenient than dragging out the DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Got a Roku stick for $30 at Best Buy and now I'm loving the service. I can't get enough of it. I'm not going to do any other thing this weekend.
    I've had a Roku 3 for a little over a year now. Honestly, it's probably one of the best purchases I've ever made.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

They expanded the library quite a bit for Batman Day.

I'm enjoying DCU so far. The potential is there for something extraordinary. I can't wait for the original content like the Titans next month.

Extraordinary Member

lol technicaly they are all blood

Orphan and Spoiler are on there before Dick Grayson. That's eleven kinds of wrong.

In other news, I noticed something at the top of the comics section:

Quote Originally Posted by DC Universe
    Can't find the books you're looking for?

The full DC Comics digital library will be available for purchase in October.
    So are we going to have access to some titles and the rest are to be purchased through the client? If that doesn't connect to Comixology, I can't see it doing well at all.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-15-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

What is disturbing about that is what happens when you have bought a comic on there and then suddenly its free to read? There’s a bit of sneakiness in that philosophy.

Orphan and Spoiler are on there before Dick Grayson. That's eleven kinds of wrong.

In other news, I noticed something at the top of the comics section:
    I really have mixed feelings on that still being the codename they're promoting Cass with .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really have mixed feelings on that still being the codename they're promoting Cass with .
    She's in Drake jail where she's not allowed to move on or reclaim her title. Unlike Red Robin, though, Orphan doesn't feel like the graduate sticking around with a Fellow Kids vibe. They just don't know what to do with either.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Looking to subscribe, you guys know if it's possible to stream on a PC laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Looking to subscribe, you guys know if it's possible to stream on a PC laptop?
    I've spent most my time with the service on my desktop browser, so there should be no problem.