Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm not attacking those actors and their portrayals of Superman. I'm only saying is that many people think that Superman has no glaring character flaws and is always happy. That's a common misconception, one that can be easily fixed if one watches any Superman movie or TV shows. I'm just tired of people dismissing Superman as a boring character. That is obviously not true; Superman can be done justice on-screen. Henry Cavill always rose beyond the material he was given and delivered an honest performance, and that's why I think his dismissal would be the biggest insult to the character since Superman: Truth. I can only hope Henry can have a chance to play Superman again, with a movie that plays to his strengths as an actor.
    Clark doesn't have to have big flaws as a person in order to be an interesting person. The fact he can't save everybody is stress enough, especially when you can hear everything. I also found Clark very relatable in MOS when he didn't know what to do with his life and his powers growing up. We saw him always running away looking trying to find answers. That showed humanity and doubts. He doesn't have to be mean or very jealous or very moody. He was just a guy with many questions like many young people are. This is why many young people relate to Cavill's Superman; he didn't have all the answers and he had to search in order to find his destiny. I really loved seeing him learn how to become a superhero. He wasn't an instant hero who knew everything, he had to learn a lot before he came to those conclusions. But even then when he was searching, he still kept helping and saving people despite what Pa said. It showed he has an strong sense of what's right and wrong. Then came BvS and he pretty much regressed emotionally because the plot demanded it. What was he doing and learning those almost 2 years after MOS? It seems nothing. Sure we are quickly told he did a lot of savings, but we never saw it, so it means nothing.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 09-14-2018 at 11:50 PM.