Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I like your whole post, but that right there's just lovely. Also sad, but very true.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    As mentioned, Wonder Woman has succeeded where the other movies failed because the studio left it alone. I'm hopeful Shazam will succeed for the same reason.
    Me too. The weird thing is they wanted either a Superman cameo for Shazam or Wonder Woman as a last minute back up, but that seems contrary to their desire to move forward one film at a time with individual franchises. I kind of don't want Shazam to be sucked into this.

Who even knows at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    how do you know that?
    He goes to comicbook shops to buy Superman comics because he cares and wants to learn more. He has said it in interviews and there are pictures like this. Here he visited Midtown Comics Grand Central & signed some comics for fans.

1eba9575dbbc1263e195d6aa98b9883c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Me too. The weird thing is they wanted either a Superman cameo for Shazam or Wonder Woman as a last minute back up, but that seems contrary to their desire to move forward one film at a time with individual franchises. I kind of don't want Shazam to be sucked into this.

We know from the previews that Shazam acknowledges the existence of the DCEU (newspaper clippings in Billy's room)...but I don't really see that being a problem.
    The franchise could easily move forward with sequels that don't require Shazam intersecting with other DCEU heroes unless it really serves the plot.

I'm hoping for future sequels that would involve going up against Black Adam and introducing Isis and Osiris - as opposed to Shazam meets the Justice League.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    He goes to comicbook shops to buy Superman comics because he cares and wants to learn more. He has said it in interviews and there are pictures like this. Here he visited Midtown Comics Grand Central & signed some comics for fans.

Seriously, Henry is the biggest victim of this fiasco. I can only hope he can play Superman again.

Thanks!

the more I think I believe WB had some 'plans' for Superman in the movies like cameos and maybe more BUT they wanted Full control. I mean, we heard all the rumors and non rumors about WB talking to directors earlier this year. Vaughn even confirmed it. They just didn't expect Henry and his manager wanted some say in the creative and probably more $.

So, now they are showing Henry and Garcia that they can "easily" replace Superman with Supergirl. They even want to use an iconic Superman villain in her movie because they don't give a damn about Supes and his fans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    We know from the previews that Shazam acknowledges the existence of the DCEU (newspaper clippings in Billy's room)...but I don't really see that being a problem.
    The franchise could easily move forward with sequels that don't require Shazam intersecting with other DCEU heroes unless it really serves the plot.
    This is about the extent of how I want it. Easter eggs, without full blown interactions (beyond absolutely necessary ones within the sub-franchises, like Superman and Supergirl and Batman with the Bat-Family) and crossovers. Kind of like the Tarantino films, where they all smoke Red Apple cigarettes but don't interact. It makes it feel bigger and feel more lived in.

So, now they are showing Henry and Garcia that they can "easily" replace Superman with Supergirl. They even want to use an iconic Superman villain in her movie because they don't give a damn about Supes and his fans.
    And creating some potential backlash against Supergirl herself from the extremes of the fandom (not anyone here yet, but we all know they're out there), which isn't fair at all.

I'm annoyed at the whole situation, but I'm never gonna take it out on Supergirl or the actress they end up getting for her.

All-New Member

I'm well aware that WB has produced several great movies and can produce many more, but they have given nothing besides Wonder Woman in the current slate to indicate that they know what they are doing. If they did, we would not be looking at the situations we are. it's that simple, this is the most reactionary and rushed film franchise and it's not working. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is the only hero to be fully embraced the way the MCU ones are. Shazam has a chance and Aquaman has a second chance, but they are not there yet.

The stupid actors have to act out the part and bring the character to life. He is also on set and has first hand experience witnessing how WB handles the character. I think he's more qualified than you or I to know what their ideas on the character is. So far their ideas have not landed, and he knows it as much as everybody else. Even from the outside looking in, the lukewarm to downright hateful reception of the way this Superman has been received really should be telling you all you need to know.

No you are an adult person on a comic book forum killing your limited leisure time telling people that Cavill is stupid for pay disputes in a job in his chosen profession that is how he makes a livelihood and a job that he wants that has SEVERAL potential drawbacks and hasn't worked out so far due to factors outside of his control, but due to factors very much in WB"s control.

Warner Brothers is a big company that also knows how to make bad movies along with their good ones. And the only two Superman movies that are considered big hits and classics were distributed by them, but not actually created by them. What does that tell you?
    People spend to much time reading People Magazine. Warner Bros cares about the characters and movie studios and the creative types are fired all the time. To say the movies didn't make money is not right. I work for Warner and they made a tidy profit from the Justice League and the Superman Batman movies. It is hard to know how something will translate onto the silver screen well until you try. The Green lantern movies were flat and the prescreenings thought it would do well and it was run by the comics division. Cavill was probably a bad choice to play Superman, and this was kicked around. But his opinion is no more than any other fan. The vitriolic response by fans here probably matter more than anything Henry Cavill has to say.

As far as the chest pounding and vulgar language, nobody cares. Teens hangout around and complain and moan on the internet about movies - Story at 7PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Seriously, Henry is the biggest victim of this fiasco. I can only hope he can play Superman again.
    What? He didn't make money and cash a check, and now he is famous?

All-New Member

the more I think I believe WB had some 'plans' for Superman in the movies like cameos and maybe more BUT they wanted Full control. I mean, we heard all the rumors and non rumors about WB talking to directors earlier this year. Vaughn even confirmed it. They just didn't expect Henry and his manager wanted some say in the creative and probably more $.

that is internet hysterics. It is fine for a comic book forum but really, nobody thinks WB is going to try to replace Superman with Supergirl. They have discovered that Supergirl can sell. Who knew that scantly dressed women doing athletic things could sell movies!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Your attacks on Cavill seem oddly vitriolic. There are few here who dislike MoS and BvS more than I do, and I have nothing but love for Henry. He's been a good ambassador for the character, imo.
    There is no attact on Cavill. I don't care about him at all. There is my observation that his opinion on future Superman movies is meaningless. If he is an actual fan then it is a little bit more than meaningless, but not much more.
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-17-2018 at 08:50 PM.

BANNED

the more I think I believe WB had some 'plans' for Superman in the movies like cameos and maybe more BUT they wanted Full control.
    They have full control.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    People who get paid to act in movies are not victims. They are employees.

BANNED

I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by talja_l View Post
    that is internet hysterics. It is fine for a comic book forum but really, nobody thinks WB is going to try to replace Superman with Supergirl. They have discovered that Supergirl can sell. Who knew that scantly dressed women doing athletic things could sell movies!
    Yet lots of sources are reporting that's exactly what WB is pondering doing. If this ends up incorrect its not our fault, we're not the ones making this up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yet lots of sources are reporting that's exactly what WB is pondering doing. If this ends up incorrect its not our fault, we're not the ones making this up.
    Are you aware of how much the Superman legacy is worth?