Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The MOS vs. Returns thread got me thinking about something. Maybe the real problem is just that WB has bad management. Maybe the Nolan Batman movies were a fluke because they were put in the hands of someone who had an actual plan. In other words, we just got lucky there. But when the only criteria is "not Batman and Robin" that leaves nowhere to go but up. It isn't just Superman either. The Green Lantern movie bombed as well. So maybe this is a bigger problem than just Superman. The DCEU had a fifty year old Batman. It's obvious the only reason they did that was so they could to DKR in movie form. So they shot themselves in the foot for one movie. You've got young heroes on their way up while one of their biggest names is on the way down. So as long as the same people are in charge at WB, we may never get a good Superman film.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The MOS vs. Returns thread got me thinking about something. Maybe the real problem is just that WB has bad management. Maybe the Nolan Batman movies were a fluke because they were put in the hands of someone who had an actual plan. In other words, we just got lucky there. But when the only criteria is "not Batman and Robin" that leaves nowhere to go but up. It isn't just Superman either. The Green Lantern movie bombed as well. So maybe this is a bigger problem than just Superman. The DCEU had a fifty year old Batman. It's obvious the only reason they did that was so they could to DKR in movie form. So they shot themselves in the foot for one movie. You've got young heroes on their way up while one of their biggest names is on the way down. So as long as the same people are in charge at WB, we may never get a good Superman film.
    Oh, completely. WB isn't a leader, it's a follower. And they've been that way for a long time. You can see it in the "lessons" they "learn" from various things via their own statements as well as their actions.

Seriously, it's easy to criticize them from the outside and I often do so of other things, but this is one time where I literally do think "I could do it better" is an accurate statement. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, for one thing, saying Bruce was 50 is a stretch. Unless you assume for some reason that those films are maybe set like five years from now. They did nod to DK Returns, but went somewhere completely different within the same movie. Two, they kept who they could, Nolan and Goyer. All sorts of other factors changed, but that's the nature of the beast. Black Panther was a great success, greater in some ways than what Favreau found with the first Iron Man, but Coogler wasn't a sure thing at all. It all looks a lot more informed in hindsight than it ever does in production. Three, maybe Dark Knight can be called a fluke in its outlier success, but all three of the DK trilogy did very well. If we include GL, you have four movies that under-performed vs four movies that were big hits.