Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone Else now an Anti shared Universe person

The recent news that Henry Cavil is out as Superman made me think. Why do we need a cinematic universe? For DC, it did not work. I can't speak for all comic books characters but does anyone else feel the cinematic universe concept has gotten lacklustre, it has done no favours to Batman, Superman, Spider-Man? Perhaps it is because the series mentioned already had movies before the cinematic universes began or do better in their own domain. I hope I don't get any hate but I don’t want a DC movie universe, it certainly has not worked for DC, It did not really work for Spider-Man, I don't believe for a second it will work for X-Men when they join the MCU.

Anyone now wish we can go back to the traditionally element of comic movies. Make everything separate again though leave MCU as they are. If people did not confuse Batman Begins and Superman Returns in 2005-2006 or X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 in 2003-2004 not taking place in the same universe. Why will people confuse comic characters not appearing in other movies or getting references in another character’s movies?

Last but not least, the comic movies without the shared universe are still the best. They taste like fine wine when you watch them compared to cinematic comic universe movies that usually taste like sodas. The best Batman, Superman, Spiderman and The X-Men movies are the Christopher Reeves Superman, Tim Burton/Christopher Nolan’s Batman, depending on your preference, Sam Raimi’s Spiderman and for future reference, the top tier X-Men movies, as I don’t expect Marvel to do any movie better than Logan, X2, Deadpool, X-Men First Class or Days of Future Past when they make their X-Men movies. Cinematic universes works for characters nobody knew anything about until movies. (Iron Man, GOTG, Captain America, Ant-man, Thor, Black Panther). Having others follow the equation has not done any good. I want DC to drop their cinematic universe and get back to comic movies basis now that Henry and possibly Ben Affleck is also gone.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-13-2018 at 06:19 AM.