Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Kingdom Come - The Animated Movie?

Who here would love to see Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross adapted into a feature length animated movie?

Not if they keep to the same animation style. I feel most of their animated features have been lacking in that department.

And in general, I'd like to see more original stories rather than adaptations.

I’d love to see it, but they’d need a budget like what Into the Spiderverse is getting to pull it off.

Boisterously Confused

This was discussed on another thread a while back. The story could certainly be animated. I doubt they could really capture Waid and Ross' Kingdom Come because I would think the Superheroes-By-Norman-Rockwell look that Ross specializes in to be wickedly hard to animate.

They don't have the money to animate Ross' art style. Unless we want a Kingdom Come adaptation with New-52 animation, which would probably give me a projectile vomit. They're smart for not trying to adapt that story.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I would love to see it but I don't see any way to properly adapt Ross' art style. CGI seems like the only way to go and even then it would have to be big budget Pixar style film. I don't see WB investing that kind of money for a non-theatrical feature.
    Assassinate Putin!

Invincible Member

I agree with others have said, you can't do the Ross art style easily in animation. I mean it's possible but it would take lots of money and lots of time...certainly more than they're willing to spend on home DVD.

I'd rather have "Kingdom Come . . . On Ice!" with a national touring company of former Olympic ice skating champions.

I really want to see what Alex Ross' artwork would look like animated.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

A Kingdom Come adaption gets brought up a lot, but even back when Timm was in charge it was always ruled out because they simply didn't have the budget to be able to do Alex Ross's art justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A Kingdom Come adaption gets brought up a lot, but even back when Timm was in charge it was always ruled out because they simply didn't have the budget to be able to do Alex Ross's art justice.
    They should do Justice too.

DC really should put more focus in animation since that gets way more praise than their live-action films.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Only to actually see Nightstar in animated form. Otherwise, not much interest.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They should do Justice too.

DC really should put more focus in animation since that gets way more praise than their live-action films.
    I mean, they have a lot of animated projects going on so I wouldn't say it's not a focus for them, especially compared to Marvel.

Absolutely!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they have a lot of animated projects going on so I wouldn't say it's not a focus for them, especially compared to Marvel.
    I mean focus in the sense of what Marvel does for the MCU. DC just pumps out relatively cheap animated movies that make okay money. I feel that Sony finally found something smart to do with their Spider-Man properties they have and focus on doing bid budget animated movies. DC should jump in on that market, they have dabbled with the Lego movies and Teen Titans Go but it should be a bigger focus I feel.