View Poll Results: How do you rate the issue?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • ⭐️

1 5.88%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️

2 11.76%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

2 11.76%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman # 54 review

What did you think about the 54 issues ?

Incredible Member

I loved it. I think Orlando has a near-perfect handle on Diana. She's thoughtful, she's compassionate, she kicks ass, she has a wry & humorous edge (the "he hits like Apollo...and he didn't like my response" line - I'm paraphrasing from memory, so it's probably not quoted quite accurately), and she's smart. I'm looking forward to Wilson, but based on what he's done so far, I'd love for Orlando to return any time.
    Last edited by Frank; 09-13-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Artemis makes no sense in this with the character growth she got in Red Hood and the Outlaws. About the only thing that did carry over was her getting the Bow of Ra after defeating Akila for the second time.

But hey, at least Wonder Woman looked good, right? Right?

Loved Diana's voice in this.
    And I also enjoyed her tanking solar plasma and her reaction after it.

I thought it was a step down compared to the earlier three issues. The art was not as good or interesting, and I got a vibe of Finnish television from the visual storytelling (likely only an analogue that makes sense to Norwegians and Swedes).

I'd also say both Artemis and Atalanta picks up the idiot ball here. Artemis is brash, violent, and uncouth, but she does have a moral code that views hitting people in the back as despicable. And Atalanta thinks a populist revolt can give her legitimacy when hardly anyone knows she's in prison and the realm faces an immediate crisis.

It was excellent, if Orlando had half as many issues he'd probably take the "My Favorite Wonder Woman Writer" label away from Greg Rucka.

Would you guys have wanted Orlando being the one to have taken over for Rucka? That he got to until Wilson?

I love the bit where one of Farukas goons gets lasso'd and points out what a dumbass shes being. XD

I thought this segment of the story Orlando is telling was off to a great start. Diana's interactions with the Bana's was reminiscent of her first Pre-Flashpoint encounter with them (one of my favourite storylines from back in the day).

Try as I might, however, I just did not care for the artwork.
    Last edited by Natamaxxx; 09-16-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Would you guys have wanted Orlando being the one to have taken over for Rucka? That he got to until Wilson?
    Yes, absolutely. This was a GREAT read!

I mean, damn! It's like Orlando looked at everything that Finch and Robinson ever wrote, and then just did the exact opposite.

Boom! Wonder Woman!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    Loved Diana's voice in this.
    And I also enjoyed her tanking solar plasma and her reaction after it.
    Yes - and I LOVE the follow up from Rustam. "My rift hit Wonder Woman with the surface of the SUN... so we've got MINUTES at best."

YES! Rustam and Orlando both get it. This is WONDER WOMAN. A blast of 5500 degrees C [about 10K F] is not going to do more than slow her down!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Wow. Only this many comments to such a great issue?

Recent writers must really have put a major dent in folks enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Wow. Only this many comments to such a great issue?

Recent writers must really have put a major dent in folks enthusiasm.
    Nope, I think it was So Good there's not a whole lot to discuss. It speaks for itself. There's not enough complaints or controversy to make it a long thread.

I suppose we could discuss the Bana. This is an interesting development for them

Extraordinary Member

I'm trying to remember back to the Perez era. I think back then they were in Egypt.

What's interesting to me is that in this new continuity they seem to have left with Hippolyta's blessing.

Is Atalanta taking the place of Antiope? Maybe in order not to cause confusion with folks who have seen the movie?