Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This book kind of feels so irrelevant with the recent Uncanny and AoX news
    It seems as it was plaaned stull by Paniccia and not by White.
    I feel like White just let Brisson to end story that he planned.

X-force are better doing things irrelevant to the mainstream, their adventures are far more exciting in their own way.

I want to see young Cable be grumpy to Deadpool lol
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Yeah, I always preferred when X-Force was off on their own, operating outside the law and being hunted by SHIELD or Department K, Weapon P.R.I.M.E., or whoever. Fun stuff.

I just wish someone like Yu was doing the interiors. Having seen Burnett’s stuff and his rendition of (ugh) “Kid Cable,” I much prefer how Yu draws him. Or Larraz even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not any more irrelevant than X-Force was back in the day. It did its own thing for the most part, unless it was a crossover.
    More so now IMO. This X-Force is spinning directly out of Extermination which already feels like old news, where as we are already talking about the next big event 2 arcs past it

I for one am happy that this title doesn't have to be hampered by this Age of X-Man crap. The title should just focus on doing it's own thing. Honestly for me X-Force makes Age of Xman seem irrelevant.

It feels like old news because they announced it way early considering it's not coming out until January.
    The Age of X-Man seems huge because they revealed a lot of titles, but when you think about it, it's just a 10-issue main arc and then 6 minis. The minis won't flood the X-book line if they space out the releases.

X-Force is a spin-off with its own vibe and characters. It was always meant to be a counterpoint to other X-books because it's a team that will get their hands dirty when the X-Men won't.
    And didn't they have X-Force volume 1 and the Age of Apocalypse thing running at the same time in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It feels like old news because they announced it way early considering it's not coming out until January.
    The Age of X-Man seems huge because they revealed a lot of titles, but when you think about it, it's just a 10-issue main arc and then 6 minis. The minis won't flood the X-book line if they space out the releases.

X-Force is a spin-off with its own vibe and characters. It was always meant to be a counterpoint to other X-books because it's a team that will get their hands dirty when the X-Men won't.
    And didn't they have X-Force volume 1 and the Age of Apocalypse thing running at the same time in the 90s?
    Just? Thats 40 issues over the course of 5 months. AoX is pretty damn big as a story/event. Its the biggest and most ambitious thing the X-line has done in quite a while.

And no X-Force did not run alongside AoA. ALL the X-books were suspended when AOA happened. X-Force was replaced by Gambit and the X-ternals

Just? Thats 40 issues over the course of 5 months. AoX is pretty damn big as a story/event. Its the biggest and most ambitious thing the X-line has done in quite a while.

And no X-Force did not run alongside AoA. ALL the X-books were suspended when AOA happened. X-Force was replaced by Gambit and the X-ternals
    Thanks for correcting me - for some reason I thought they kept X-Force during AOA!

I'm not saying AoX isn't going to be big and ambitious, but I don't think it's meant to be a complete takeover of the x-book line. We know there is 10-weekly issues with the main stories and the #1 issues for the minis are coming out over the course of six weeks. That's two AoX comics a week and we'll see what the publication schedule is after that. But I think the strategy is to stretch out these releases so the fans who get into the event can afford all the books related to it.

I can see AoX making up 50% of the x-book line, and the rest is their monthly releases (X-Force, Domino, X-23, maybe some new stuff?) and whatever they are going to do with Wolverine. But I could be wrong and they could announce more AoX stuff!

More so now IMO. This X-Force is spinning directly out of Extermination which already feels like old news, where as we are already talking about the next big event 2 arcs past it
    Hmm...good point. I’m quite glad it’s irrelevant to the terrible looking events over in UXM. Especially the AoA retread. Woof. If that’s what passes for creativity these days, I’ll happily stay with the fringe books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmm...good point. I’m quite glad it’s irrelevant to the terrible looking events over in UXM. Especially the AoA retread. Woof. If that’s what passes for creativity these days, I’ll happily stay with the fringe books.
    Agreed, I would rather it be on the fringe and be considered irrelevant than to have the story and series derailed by the Renaissance fair version of Age of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Meh, more of the same. X-Force-Weapon X-Whatever synonym for X-Force hasn't been good since Remender's run.
    +1 Best X-Force run, EVER!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Uh? I don't know why some people think that Warpath is here as the token POC, as his inclusion in this instance makes perfect sense, he is one of the X-force OG, and obviously this team is going for the original team. Plus he is, if I am not mistaken, the longest serving X-forcer, even over characters like Cable and Cannonball.
    My thoughts exactly! His presence here is the only reason I’m giving this a shot, and picking up the first issue/arc.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Oh damn, I can’t get with that. I’ll wait for Warpath to appear elsewhere.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The art is growing on me. It’s nice that it’s different. I really don’t want the books to have such a monotonous aesthetic. I’m sure we’ll get something a little more generic down the road, but I think I’m going to enjoy this. Especially after just starting Brisson’s Cable run. Man, what a great first issue.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yeah, Brisson’s Cable run was great, but also suffered a bit on the artistic side. At least IMO. Extermination shows how he can shine with a great penciled like Larraz. I don’t get why he didn’t just come over to X-Force with Ed. That would’ve been awesome.