Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

That logo is making me smile with all kinds of awesome nostalgia. Damn you, Marvel!
    I'll check out at least the first issue even though there's Young Cable but no Rictor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Let's officially change his name from Cable to Streaming.
    It works because he's always streaming through time.
    *lol*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The team's hunting down young Cable, not joining him. But this means we aren't getting as many answers as we thought we would in Extermination. Which sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Meh, more of the same. X-Force-Weapon X-Whatever synonym for X-Force hasn't been good since Remender's run.
    Si Spurrier disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Is it weird I was hoping they'd at least try to use a couple of the New X-Men characters (Surge, Mercury, Hellion, Rockslide, Dust, Elixir, Anole... even Match)?
    If Brisson was going to use any of the kid X-Men, it'd be Glob.

Not offended by baby Cable's presence here, but not pumped for him as a villain either. Also... Deathlok? Really? I like Brisson's writing, but this is probably going to be a pass.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 09-13-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It is much easier to use a copy of a famous character.

You do not have to work too hard on the script or bothering with character motivations that do not have the same appeal with most readers to make them interesting.

Simply throw the copy in the story and say it is a version of the future or past or maybe a clone and soon readers will get too busy thinking about the consequences and how they are different that even forget the purpose of the copy exist in the plot and his function like the O5.
    Woa after having read that very intriguing response I need a drink. Thank you for your take!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I know it's cliche to complain about new announcement line-ups, but where are Sunspot, Rictor, and Siryn? I would happily ditch Deadlok for any one of them.
    Didn't Sunspot leave the New Mutants just before they became X-Force? This is meant to be mostly an original team reunion, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think Janet brought up Katie like once since then but never again especially now that she has Nadia as her new daughter.
    Yeah, she even told Nadia that she never felt maternal until she met her. I don't think she even remembers Katie now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

What was the point of killing cable if they replace him with a younger versions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I know it's cliche to complain about new announcement line-ups, but where are Sunspot, Rictor, and Siryn? I would happily ditch Deadlok for any one of them.
    Looking at the cover again, I'm wondering if Deathlok's there to be another antagonist. It sure looks like he's got Cable's back.

For me, There is not X-Force without Siryn

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

RIP Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    For me, There is not X-Force without Siryn
    Yeah Siryn was one of the first to join up after X-Force was founded. Would LOVE to see her added. New Mutants and the OG X-Force were 2 of my favorite comics back in the day and Cannonball is my fav Marvel character, so I'm loving this announcement.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Let's officially change his name from Cable to Streaming.

It works because he's always streaming through time.
    I spent ten minutes looking for this tweet

https://twitter.com/amadcartoonist/s...06079605719040
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    What was the point of killing cable if they replace him with a younger versions ?
    Marvel just thinks it's a way to shake things up. We've seen how our normal characters are. So bring in AU versions to see how they do.

Like killing off Logan & replacing him with Old Logan, whom everyone treated like the original version -with some characters acting like Old Logan is the one they have history with.

This looks cool. I would have preferred Rictor instead of Deathlok or baby cable but I'm giving this book a chance. So maybe after the event we'll get three books. This, Uncanny and Adjectiveles?

Uncanny could be: Jean, Storm, Psylocke, Bishop, Jubilee, X-23, Northstar, Nightcrawler, Beast and Iceman (one of them might die)
    X-Men could be: Kitty and the younger students.

I would be fine with it...lesser books, more focus on the characters. Feels vert classic.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I'll definitely give this a try. Love that line up.

This is the best news in a long time.

I'm sure Astonishing will end, and we're going to get a Rosenburg-written X-Factor with Madrox and some other characters from his New Mutant series (maybe Illyana, Karma, Dani, Guido, Ric, Rahne?).

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella