Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Not likely to see Risqué again but it's not impossible though still want him and Siryn to get a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I f’n hate him being that young. It does feel like Kid Lobo.

Hopefully it gets fixed just as quickly.
    It really doesn't feel like Shiny lobo, which is was completely different design and way of doing things . This cable is just younger and smaller but everything else exactly the same it is not like when you look at Lobo saw different character. Also this version of the character has advantage in the X universe which is that Cable is younger than Cyclops and Jean Grey,It makes for better family dynamics in stories now. Anyways the point is I don't see this as quick move and most people don't have same omg terrible reaction as you do which was the key in changing Lobo,And half of the post in Lobo threads where basically this is not my lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It really doesn't feel like Shiny lobo, which is was completely different design and way of doing things . This cable is just younger and smaller but everything else exactly the same it is not like when you look at Lobo saw different character. Also this version of the character has advantage in the X universe which is that Cable is younger than Cyclops and Jean Grey,It makes for better family dynamics in stories now. Anyways the point is I don't see this as quick move and most people don't have same omg terrible reaction as you do which was the key in changing Lobo,And half of the post in Lobo threads where basically this is not my lobo.
    But they already did that with X-Man. Plus in the Cable series that wrapped not to long ago, there were a few cables all around the same age as Og cable, so why not use one of them? Or teen Cable could’ve at least been introduced then for build up. I just don’t see the point of introducing a young Nathan when there’s already one hanging around. This would’ve been a good time to bring X-Man back into the fold since he’s not being used.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    But they already did that with X-Man. Plus in the Cable series that wrapped not to long ago, there were a few cables all around the same age as Og cable, so why not use one of them? Or teen Cable could’ve at least been introduced then for build up. I just don’t see the point of introducing a young Nathan when there’s already one hanging around. This would’ve been a good time to bring X-Man back into the fold since he’s not being used.
    All good points, but I’ve enjoyed what Brisson has done thus far, so I’m willing to give him at least the first story before I pass too much judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    To streamline things for example they can get rid of Madelyne Pryor clone part of Cable history if they wanted. Young Cable is basically the og cable and when they are tired of him being young he just gets time travel aged up. I can't get work up or emotional about this because this is very telegraphed and you can even see the little tweaks they are going for getting rid of the arnold schwarzenegger predator/commando style body and leaving a more Jason Borne or better yet DP2 Josh Brolin sized Cable. This is like DC killing Superman but going wait wait nevermind we have exact replacement right here. I don't think the change back happens soon but it is inevitable I think

Finally Tabitha makes her return to X-Force, she was always the most important member of the team in the past as it was explained during Nextwave (the greatest serie of all time with X-Statix):

No but seriously, nice lineup and Deathlok (looks like Deathlok Prime) might just be here to help the team tracked this new Cable, since he can predict things about the future if I'm not mistaken.

Although I'm a bit surprised Deadpool isn't in it, but who knows it could be interesting. I'm still not sold on this new Cable design but I will at least try the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    All good points, but I’ve enjoyed what Brisson has done thus far, so I’m willing to give him at least the first story before I pass too much judgment.
    Yeah, I am willing to trust him too. He has said that Cable is a favorite of his, so why would you take a favorite character and make him a kid permanently? They tried that with not only Lobo but also Tony Stark at one point, and both were short lived. Also, I have seen a lot of “OMG terrible” reactions on Twitter and other places about “Kid Cable”, but Brisson has basically indicated that fans should bear with him on this. That’s what makes me think that Kid Cable won’t stay that young for long, and this is an attempt to re-set him and get him closer to the movie version. There may be some time travel shenanigans along the way where he ages up some. At least I hope so.

To streamline things for example they can get rid of Madelyne Pryor clone part of Cable history if they wanted. Young Cable is basically the og cable and when they are tired of him being young he just gets time travel aged up. I can't get work up or emotional about this because this is very telegraphed and you can even see the little tweaks they are going for getting rid of the arnold schwarzenegger predator/commando style body and leaving a more Jason Borne or better yet DP2 Josh Brolin sized Cable. This is like DC killing Superman but going wait wait nevermind we have exact replacement right here. I don't think the change back happens soon but it is inevitable I think
    I agree with much of what you say above, except I think he starts to age up and morph into OG Cable a bit sooner. This would be like making Wolverine a kid all of the sudden. It fundamentally alters his grizzled soldier persona. That won’t last long.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-16-2018 at 08:26 AM.

So you think they did all this just to make him shorter? Lol idk but I think that’s a bit silly. DP2 didn’t streamline Cables backstory, they made up a new one entirely. And that movie has come and gone, plus that was a Fox film so I don’t see them trying to follow suit with that movie. Domino didn’t get a make over so I think it’s safe to say this has nothing to do with the DP film, but that’s just my opinion.

BANNED

Why do people think replacing Cable with a teen AU clone (who will then be aged up) "streamlines" his backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why do people think replacing Cable with a teen AU clone (who will then be aged up) "streamlines" his backstory?
    Yeah it just makes it more convoluted. It's not like everyone is just gonna forget the original Cable exists...

But .... he doesn’t exist . Hes dead.
    Committed suicurder

BANNED

They turned a hot grizzled beefy patriarch of the X-Men into a teenager. I’m distraught.

Rictor would have been a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Because A) he’s not a “clone” and B) I’m betting this Cable has a simpler origin. Could be wrong, but that’s what I’m betting as we learn more about him in this X-Force series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    They turned a hot grizzled beefy patriarch of the X-Men into a teenager. I’m distraught.
    Agreed. Beefy silver daddies are totally underrepresented now with first OG Cable dead and now OML dying soon.

Oh, and don’t forget what they did to OG Nick Fury either. What does Marvel have against this demographic!?
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-16-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Rictor would have been a better choice.
    His connections to the O5 and specifically Jean is weak at best. Rictor wouldnt have worked as the antagonist of Extermination. This Young Cable offers up some interesting story potential as long as they realize that this should be short term and not an indefinite status quo like the O5

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    His connections to the O5 and specifically Jean is weak at best. Rictor wouldnt have worked as the antagonist of Extermination. This Young Cable offers up some interesting story potential as long as they realize that this should be short term and not an indefinite status quo like the O5
    It’s been a long time since I’ve read The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix so I don’t remember much, but wouldn’t teen Cable have a good memory of Scott and Jean?