Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Risque was Warpath’s most interesting relationship. I need to re-read OG X-Force because I remember really liking him but have found him to be such a snooze fest lately.

Tbh my positive reaction to this cast is Boom Boom and ‘Star. I could lose the rest and be fine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    I just want to know why Siryn has just been completely, utterly forgotten about since X-Factor ended.

Her and Penance are the two characters that just seem to be erased. Most other X-characters have at least cameo-ed somewhere in the past 5-10 years to show they still exist.
    I'm going to guess that the whole Morrigan mess may be keeping some writers away...that maybe they don't want to deal with it...Warpath and Siryn should finally get a chance at a relationship imho...also wondering if sparks will fly again with Sam and Tabitha...they can't seem to stay apart when on the same team together...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm going to guess that the whole Morrigan mess may be keeping some writers away...that maybe they don't want to deal with it...Warpath and Siryn should finally get a chance at a relationship imho...also wondering if sparks will fly again with Sam and Tabitha...they can't seem to stay apart when on the same team together...
    I have kinda wondered if Domino x Warpath is gonna continue there.....Eck.

Cable is out.
    Colossus is still hung up on Kitty.
    Chi wants nothing to do with her.

And Pak is still writing her as being stuck on Warpath. And Siryn is nowhere to be seen.

I hope DxW doesn't come back, but it's very possible....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought Deathlok was black?
    Black don't crack unless you're a zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is classic line up curse as I call it, It is where they put together classic line up and not care that is not diverse because it is "popular" or "fits the story". Anyway this how characters ambiguous backgrounds get made into minorities don't be surprised is Domino racial background is explored at some point. Then some fans whine and they change and go "why can't they just create new characters or use this minority character" leaving fans like me say "why didn't you f'ers complain when we in 2000s we are still get these bs line ups". As X-force fan I recognize the classic crew of characters so storywise I get what they are doing( I will like the book) but Sunspot, Moonstar, Karma, Bedlam, Blink, etc they have options and this the team the choose use.
    I'm half expecting them to reveal Domino is black and turn Shatterstar Asian at some point.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Yes! Gloria Munoz what an interesting character and unique power set! (I always picture Jordana Brewster for her.)

This will probably be a Cable centric book I'll actually pick up. I'm very interested where this will go.

Also, Shatterstar is in his most recent look, but he's getting a redesign for his solo/mini. Do you think that will show up here with Ric's new look?
    I really, really, really hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm half expecting them to reveal Domino is black and turn Shatterstar Asian at some point.
    Wasn’t Domino rumored to be an albino black woman? From long before the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really, really, really hope so.

Wasn’t Domino rumored to be an albino black woman? From long before the movies.
    Domino has never been stated or hinted to have albinism period. That's never been her thing. Many seem to think albino is just lack of color. but it effects other things.

Has Domino been shown to have very bad eyesight & light sensitivity.
    Does she need tons of sunscreen due to easy burning in the sun
    Also, chances of an albino person with natural black hair is very slim. lol

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Domino has never been stated or hinted to have albinism period. That's never been her thing. Many seem to think albino is just lack of color. but it effects other things.

Has Domino been shown to have very bad eyesight & light sensitivity.
    Does she need tons of sunscreen due to easy burning in the sun
    Also, chances of an albino person with natural black hair is very slim. lol
    Thanks for the biology lesson, *rollseyes* I’m fully aware that an albino would probably not have natural black hair, just like I know a woman wouldn’t have naturally green hair either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Thanks for the biology lesson, *rollseyes* I’m fully aware that an albino would probably not have natural black hair, just like I know a woman wouldn’t have naturally green hair either.
    No need to get defensive. Just saying when it comes to Domino, nothing has ever been hinted. She's never been called albino, said she was, or shown any signs to be.

Unlike say Blink. Another mutant with unnatural color. She was stated to be from the Bahamas. We got nothing on her race until SA started the new Exiles series. Given her Bahamian background, he feels she's black & as such has had her depicted with natural curly hair and there's been a few changes in her features to make her more unique & reflect that aspect.

But Domino hasn't had that. She's not given her race. And nothing in the writing says she has albinism. She's a mutant with an unnatural coloring like Blink, Mystique, Bling!, & Marrow, rather than any real world affliction. But because she happens to be white, rather than any hot colors, people apply a real-world affliction to it by calling it albinism. But nothing in text has expressed that it was her thing.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-14-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Cannonball has a wife and kid now. I wonder if they are going to be in the book.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Izzy is in the art for the new Guardians of the Galaxy, so I doubt it.

Hopefully kid Cable is a clone sent by Stryfe, otherwise idc. He killed Nathan way too easily imo and I don’t care for a rebooted Cable, that takes away every aspect of the character that makes him cool. X-Man could’ve been placed here and it would’ve held more weight esp after the interaction between them that was shown in Cable’s book.

I’ll give Brisson the benefit of the doubt. Not feeling Nathan as a teen either, whether he’s the same exact version or from a different timeline, I just don’t like him as a skinny little kid. My Cable is jacked and has silver hair. Eventually this will get rectified one way or another. I’m along for the ride.

Incredible Member

I thought Domino's name alone made me think she was black. Before the movie even. It has never been stated though and we do know that some movie counterparts become real.

As for this book....I'm highly freakin excited!! I love the lineup...so classic with a taste of Deathlok. Young Cable is interesting as I still don't think hes Cable, but in actuality it should be Tyler. I'm not liking the dead original Cable so I refuse the knockoff, but would accept Tyler.

I kinda want a young Bishop, Shard and Trevor for some reason now. Also wanting to see how Hope deals with "Zaddy" and of course what Deadpool's reaction would be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I have kinda wondered if Domino x Warpath is gonna continue there.....Eck.

Cable is out.
    Colossus is still hung up on Kitty.
    Chi wants nothing to do with her.

And Pak is still writing her as being stuck on Warpath. And Siryn is nowhere to be seen.

I hope DxW doesn't come back, but it's very possible....
    It would be strange with kid Cable running around, though in Weapon X she seemed to play both sides that she was stuck on him and that it was never serious in her eyes, and Domino yeah isn't albino...wasn't she like genetically engineered a bit and the black around her eye is a tattoo, though only the DP 2 Domino is black, not sure what her real race is but she's never been listed as being black and hasn't said anything as far as I know that would lend me to believe that she was...who knows with Siryn, she could always guest star or something like that...

I'm going to guess that the book will focus on Domino and Sam and their relationship with the teen Cable, who knows by the end the old Cable could be back or something along those lines...