Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like Burnett's art and I'm not concerned about kid Cable (it seems like a temporary change, OG Cable is a time traveler, he can come back whenever they want). But the impression I get from Extermination is that this team is going to be kill happy, which is not my favorite interpretation of the team.
    OG Cable will definitely be back. Looking forward to it.

wow, i'm glad i saw the art for the new X-Force book before i brought it. i going to have to skip the book, the way he drew Warpath and Domino. i cant get do it. i hope for the best.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

OG Cable will be back. Probably after a couple of arcs honestly. Unless there’s a big twist that he’s not really dead in the first arc.

As for the new interview, well, Brisson is hitting all the right notes with me personally. I don’t love the art, but don’t hate it. And shades of Remender’s Uncanny X-Force is a very good thing in my view, so he had me there. Also, while I hate the de-aging of Cable, more exploration of his history between the Askani’son mini and his coming back to our era got me right between the eyes. That is territory which is ripe for exploration!

Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    wow, i'm glad i saw the art for the new X-Force book before i brought it. i going to have to skip the book, the way he drew Warpath and Domino. i cant get do it. i hope for the best.
    Agreed. Yikes. Hard pass.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I have two thoughts on this series:

1) The way Brisson talks about this team. This concept seems to mesh Cable's proactive squad with Scott and Logan's black ops unit. But.....would Cannonball be so okay with casual murder? Even on the 90s team, they never seemed to be so trigger-happy. And they only got more tame when Cable left.

2) I love Burnett's work on CGR, but I really don't think it goes well with an X-Force book. Maybe it's just because I've been spoiled so much by Mike Choi, Clayton Crain, and Jerome Opena that anything too "cartoony" looks out of place for a book that will be gruesome and bloody. There's a ton of gut-splattering spreads in CGR too, though it's always played for jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    OG Cable will be back. Probably after a couple of arcs honestly. Unless there’s a big twist that he’s not really dead in the first arc.
    He's definitely coming back. This is the third or fourth time he dies. I doubt they're bringing him back in the first arc though. I think they'll let Kid Cable take the center stage for a while, especially since they said they want to talk about what happens after Asaknison. They obviously have plans to develop the character. They'll probably bring back the original character once they have established the young version as a mainstay character or somehow gotten rid of him (maybe by sending him back into the future after improving the timeline?).

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    2) I love Burnett's work on CGR, but I really don't think it goes well with an X-Force book. Maybe it's just because I've been spoiled so much by Mike Choi, Clayton Crain, and Jerome Opena that anything too "cartoony" looks out of place for a book that will be gruesome and bloody. There's a ton of gut-splattering spreads in CGR too, though it's always played for jokes.
    Agreed - his style reminds me of European or indie comic books. He is definitely a talented artist, but his style would be perfect for something like an indie comic about a punk band and not a Marvel comic. Brisson saying the cartoony art is a contrast with how dark the story is has me worried. Imo the artistic style and tone of the story should be aligned and not contrasting.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I do like Burnett's art but I'm not sure if he's a good fit for this kind of book.

Now that I think about it, it's amazing how many superstar artists X-Force has had over the years: Liefeld, Capullo, Daniel, Cheung, Crain, Choi, Opeña are just some of the big names that have worked on the series - I think they could have definitely gone with someone more mainstream for this latest relaunch.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think Burnett's indie style is a good fit for X-Force. They aren't a traditional superhero team so the dirty, sketchy style is more suited than house style.

Brisson mentioned Boom Boom, but she still isn't in any preview images or promo except one cover.

Still don't care about Deathlok.

It sounds like the tone is going to be more hit squad, which isn't my favorite thing. And as Tycon pointed out, it would seem OOC for some of the cast, particularly Sam. I can buy him being upset and willing to push the boundaries to find Cable's killer, but he shouldn't be okay with murdering a warehouse full of people.

BANNED

I liked the art.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I have two thoughts on this series:

1) The way Brisson talks about this team. This concept seems to mesh Cable's proactive squad with Scott and Logan's black ops unit. But.....would Cannonball be so okay with casual murder? Even on the 90s team, they never seemed to be so trigger-happy. And they only got more tame when Cable left.

Agree with both of these points. It makes me afraid this book will miss the mark commercially. Which is such a shame. With a few tweaks it could be a huge seller. Hoping that’s not the case, but we’ll see.

The art is definitely going to take some time to get used to but Brisson is talking my language so overall I am excited and looking forward to December.

Awful art + Kid Cable = Not for me.

BANNED

Man this is real **** =/
    Art is awful. Nothing personal to the artist. I think his style would be suitable for caricatures, funny comics or children's comics BUT NOT FOR X-FORCE!!!

Umm, is this the official art? It’s horrid. It doesn’t fit the x-force theme. I would imagine this art on Moon Girl or Unbeattable Squirrel Girl or a children’s book. But x-force?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

I think it’s kind of fun and kinetic, but I agree that it’s an odd fit for a book like this. My guess is it’ll only be for the first arc anyway, then we’ll get a fill in, and maybe one more arc by this guy, then another arc with a fillin, and then a relaunch. That seems to be the cycle anyway. Get about 12-14 issues in, then relaunch with a new writer/cast/direction.