Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I thought Deathlok was black?

I'm pretty sure he was. Is the green skin a colourist mistake or did something happen?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Meh I actually like the current WEAPON X at this point. Oh well. This lineup also does very little for me. I'm a bit curious I guess about the new young Cable but that's kind of... it

Well, and Domino is alright
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

So we know we will have Uncanny X-Men and now X-force. New Mutants will also be on the cards as well given the upcoming movie release (plus Cebulski has gone on record admitting his love for the team/title. So I guarantee that one will happen.) My other personal hope is to see another X-Factor book. PAD is free now that Scarlet Spider is wrapping up, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Is Warpath the GoTo character if you wanna add a minority to an XTeam in order for it not be totally Lily white?
    lol, I wonder if Rosenberg and Brisson had to fight over who got to use him as a token (or if anyone even noticed). It's a shame, you could add in Sunspot or Rictor and keep the same nostalgia for this team, even Dani was a member for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought Deathlok was black?
    It depends on which Deathlok it is. It's like a catchall term for dead soldier guys reanimated as cyborg zombies. I think more modern versions of Deathlok have been black, but a lot of them have been white guys.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    This is a good lineup but Rictor and Moonstar would’ve made it perfect
    If Shatterstar is here, so should Rictor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How would you guys feel if they just redid the '90s teams with their original lineups? Everyone is still around and kicking, other than Scott.

X-Men Gold (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Men Blue (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Force (as this thread revealed)
    X-Factor (seeing that Madrox is now prominent again)
    Excalibur
    New Mutants (the only book with a different cast/the Armor-led Academy X team)

Then maybe trickle in other characters throughout like Laura, Moonstar, Northstar, etc.

I know some fans would hate this, others would love it, but! It would be interesting to see these characters coming back together and seeing how they interact now that each of them (most of them, not all) have gone through major changes.
    I don't know, I think we have plenty of regression already. And while I love a good ol' reunion, I don't think a rehash of the 90s Blue & Gold teams would be all that interesting without some newer characters to mix things up a little. I'm also not a big fan of Beast, Wolverine, Dazzler or Forge so I'd ditch them.

An X-Factor revival would be good, but with Wolfsbane & Strong Guy all Warlocked right now, that just leaves Madrox, Lorna, Alex & Pietro. Which is solid, but could be improved upon. Sunfire or Sunspot perhaps?

An Excalibur relaunch probs means more Kitty & Rachel; also characters I'm not fond of. I'd take Excalibur if it meant some combination of Captain Britain, Faiza Hussain, Lionheart, Black Knight, Elsa Bloodstone, Psylocke, Chamber and Pixie though.

I can't see a book with the New X-Men (the preferable title) being dubbed New Mutants when I'm certain the OG NM will be together again at some point, probably around the time the film is released.

ALSO, the 90s teams were still pretty vanilla, and there were too few prominent POC and women among the X-Teams in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was. Is the green skin a colourist mistake or did something happen?
    He was a black guy. Now he's a slowly decomposing black guy, hence the green.

Uh? I don't know why some people think that Warpath is here as the token POC, as his inclusion in this instance makes perfect sense, he is one of the X-force OG, and obviously this team is going for the original team. Plus he is, if I am not mistaken, the longest serving X-forcer, even over characters like Cable and Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Only thing missing from this lineup is Wolverine “Hot Claws” Logan
    Not Quite- Deadpool’s still MIA

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How would you guys feel if they just redid the '90s teams with their original lineups? Everyone is still around and kicking, other than Scott.

X-Men Gold (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Men Blue (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Force (as this thread revealed)
    X-Factor (seeing that Madrox is now prominent again)
    Excalibur
    New Mutants (the only book with a different cast/the Armor-led Academy X team)

Then maybe trickle in other characters throughout like Laura, Moonstar, Northstar, etc.

I know some fans would hate this, others would love it, but! It would be interesting to see these characters coming back together and seeing how they interact now that each of them (most of them, not all) have gone through major changes.
    When has going to back to things past ever move the X-men forward? Think about the things that really push the X-men foward

- Uncanny X-men introduce Wolverine ,Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee dump everyone except Cyclops

- X-men Blue and Gold- Yes used Uncanny and original line ups but they mixed them up and new characters like Jubilee,Gambit and Bishop

- Age of Apocalypse the first really big cross over to full commit to just change the everything know about X-men concept and seeing characters in and different ways

The point is X-men is at best when gives a little bit of the past stuff that you like but adds something completely new to mix. Fans are hilarious I want to see something new from the X-men but I want to put the same boring squads with characters I love and get something new

Jean Grey,Storm,Iceman,Bishop,Angel ,Colossus that is cool but how about Jean Grey, Storm, Sunspot, Warpath, Anole and two brand new characters. I am not saying the squad I suggested is perfect but it is guarantee to give you something new and move the brand forward. Lets stop moving backwards X-men Gold is big warning sign to people asking for this type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Is Warpath the GoTo character if you wanna add a minority to an XTeam in order for it not be totally Lily white?
    It is classic line up curse as I call it, It is where they put together classic line up and not care that is not diverse because it is "popular" or "fits the story". Anyway this how characters ambiguous backgrounds get made into minorities don't be surprised is Domino racial background is explored at some point. Then some fans whine and they change and go "why can't they just create new characters or use this minority character" leaving fans like me say "why didn't you f'ers complain when we in 2000s we are still get these bs line ups". As X-force fan I recognize the classic crew of characters so storywise I get what they are doing( I will like the book) but Sunspot, Moonstar, Karma, Bedlam, Blink, etc they have options and this the team the choose use.

I'm ambivalent towards this. Brisson would also be one of my top picks for X-force, but I'm not sold on Kid Cable replacing the older version and I'd like at least some cool new additions to the team (actual X-characters, not Deathlok).

I was kind of hoping for Magik to join X-force, maybe even as the leader now that "OG" Cable is gone.
    All this said, I', giving this a try, because X-termination has been great so far.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

They should bring back Risqué. #justiceforRisque

I just want to know why Siryn has just been completely, utterly forgotten about since X-Factor ended.

Her and Penance are the two characters that just seem to be erased. Most other X-characters have at least cameo-ed somewhere in the past 5-10 years to show they still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They should bring back Risqué. #justiceforRisque
    Yes! Gloria Munoz what an interesting character and unique power set! (I always picture Jordana Brewster for her.)

This will probably be a Cable centric book I'll actually pick up. I'm very interested where this will go.

Also, Shatterstar is in his most recent look, but he's getting a redesign for his solo/mini. Do you think that will show up here with Ric's new look?
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion