Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks for remind me, but with Marvel sliding timescale, is probably that she isn't older that 17, even if it doesn't make any sense.
    Character ages in general are a mess. Laura is 20, but the rest of the NXM are treated like they're still in high school. Somehow we're expected to believe that everything that's happened since Decimation has been squeezed into less than four years, and no more than about 13 years have passed in-universe since 1963.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I have my doubts about because Kid-Cable is on the cover, seemingly being part of the team. But since he killed 'our' Cable, I do not think he belongs on a X-Men team at all. He should be considered a villain.

I actually would have loved Weapon H to be part of this team.

The rest is really great to see together as a team. Though I wonder why former member Sunspot is nowhere to be seen.

With both Domino as Warpath on the team, I believe we can assume Weapon X will (finally) be cancelled.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I have my doubts about because Kid-Cable is on the cover, seemingly being part of the team. But since he killed 'our' Cable, I do not think he belongs on a X-Men team at all. He should be considered a villain.

The rest is really great to see together as a team. Though I wonder why former member Sunspot is nowhere to be seen.

With both Domino as Warpath on the team, I believe we can assume Weapon X will (finally) be cancelled.
    Or it's just getting another relaunch where the team changes up again and we get a new writer for the book. I'm cool with either of these options.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-17-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Hope would be around the same age as Kid Cable. If he's 16-17, which she falls around too. If she arrived when she was 16 years old, at most a year and a bit have passed in slowed comic time so she'd still be under 18. I definitely wouldn't say she's that much older than the O5, particularly since even Bobby of the O5 has been aged up from what he should be.

Could use less Deathlok and more Siryn and/or Rictor but I'm here for Boom Boom. She was under utilised in New Mutants: Dead Souls so hopefully she gets plenty to do and blow up in this series!
    Agreed re: Boomer. I love her. Disagree re: Deathlok, though. I enjoyed him in Remender’s UXF run, and really want to see a Cable vs. Deathlok throwdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    He is the villain. At least at first. This X-Force team is actually hunting him and out for answers and revenge. The cover is misleading.

Brisson and Marvel also said we’ll learn more about this young Cable in the first arc, and that “nothing is as it seems.” The latter part sounds like the usual hyperbole, but we’ll see.

Oh God no. Please...just...no. That character might be among the worst ever created. “Hey, what if we just mashed up the Hulk and Wolverine into one guy!” Ugh. I was really excited for Weapon X at first, but as it dragged on and on with the focus on this awful Weapon H character and concept, it killed it for me.

Good question re: Sunspot. I hope he ends up on the main Uncanny X-men team since he’s not here.

With both Domino and Warpath on the team, I believe we can assume Weapon X will (finally) be cancelled.
    Looks that way. And I think the new writer confirmed that it’s ending soon somewhere. Maybe on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Hope would be around the same age as Kid Cable. If he's 16-17, which she falls around too. If she arrived when she was 16 years old, at most a year and a bit have passed in slowed comic time so she'd still be under 18. I definitely wouldn't say she's that much older than the O5, particularly since even Bobby of the O5 has been aged up from what he should be.

Could use less Deathlok and more Siryn and/or Rictor but I'm here for Boom Boom. She was under utilised in New Mutants: Dead Souls so hopefully she gets plenty to do and blow up in this series!
    I dont see why Hope would be the same age as Cable when we dont even have any details on him. I didint say she was much older than the O5 but used the term "slightly older". She's probably the same age as Hank, who's the oldest but definitly older than the other 4. There's been like 2 years that has passed since they came to this timeline and Hope came even before that.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-17-2018 at 07:25 AM.

I'm not really sold on Kid Cable (yet), but I'm all in. This only leads me to question where Moonstar and Sunspot are. I know Moonstar's story in Dead Souls could explain it, plus she was never part of the initial X-Force line up, but Sunspot should definitely be here. For that matter so should Syrin. Neither one of them was part of the team in the first few issues of OG X-Force, but close enough.

I think most folks are in the same boat of “not being sold on Kid Cable.” Seems like a dumb concept, but I think Brisson has earned the benefit of the doubt. We’ll see where it goes. Hopefully he doesn’t stick around permanently or, if he does, something happens where he ages somehow. The idea of Cable being a kid permanently sounds terrible. My hope is that it lasts about as long as Kid Lobo or Kid Tony Stark did.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm not really sold on Kid Cable (yet), but I'm all in. This only leads me to question where Moonstar and Sunspot are. I know Moonstar's story in Dead Souls could explain it, plus she was never part of the initial X-Force line up, but Sunspot should definitely be here. For that matter so should Syrin. Neither one of them was part of the team in the first few issues of OG X-Force, but close enough.
    To be fair, this is the book that's most likely to pick up on the threads left by New Mutants: Dead Souls conclusion unless an actual New Mutants book is announced. Boom Boom was actually on that team and Shatterstar was bumming around the headquarters because he's dating Rictor. Both had close enough proximity to that story for them to be involved in rectifying it. They can't leave Dani, Rahne and the others like that forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think most folks are in the same boat of “not being sold on Kid Cable.” Seems like a dumb concept, but I think Brisson has earned the benefit of the doubt. We’ll see where it goes. Hopefully he doesn’t stick around permanently or, if he does, something happens where he ages somehow. The idea of Cable being a kid permanently sounds terrible. My hope is that it lasts about as long as Kid Lobo or Kid Tony Stark did.
    Even if he ages he still don`t have Cable`s memories and ties to characters. To sacrifice years of Cable`s adventures just to make him teen or younger is dull.

Well, we haven’t yet seen how it’s going to play out, so I’ll give Brisson the benefit of the doubt. He’s a fan of the character and wrote a pretty solid arc of the Cable series which leveraged a lot of X-force continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Extremely stupid. I don’t see why we need a kid Cable. Isn’t that what X-Man is for?
    X-Man is from another universe. Hopefully kid Cable is from this universe.

Why is Warpath in here when he's already in Astonishing?

Lame lineup, they should have added more original New Mutants instead of just Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

Lame lineup, they should have added more original New Mutants instead of just Cannonball.
    Boom Boom was a New Mutant as well. This lineup is heavily influenced by the original X-Force one so it makes sense

That basically is the OG X-Force lineup, minus Feral who’s dead and with Deathlok instead. Yeah, Cable’s a freakin’ kid, but he’s still Cable.

And remember, Rictor and Sunspot quit initially and then came back later.

I actually quite like the lineup. It's nostalgic but the characters still have a lot of room for growth. So it works for me.

However, I love Boom Boom. I love Cannonball. But I won't be happy if Sam cheats on his wife or abandons her and his son so that he can play "will they, won't they" with Tabby. It was cute years ago but he's moved on, he's settled now, and they should learn to be just friends rather than getting weird every time they share a comic.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

You know it's X-Force, not New Mutants, right?
    Though some wee former New Mutants, all of this cast except for Kid Cable have been part of one or another version of X-Force.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"