Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That basically is the OG X-Force lineup, minus Feral who’s dead and with Deathlok instead. Yeah, Cable’s a freakin’ kid, but he’s still Cable.

And remember, Rictor and Sunspot quit initially and then came back later.
    Sunspot and Rictor werent there initially as original members of X-Force. They left back when it was still New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sunspot and Rictor werent there initially as original members of X-Force. They left back when it was still New Mutants
    Yes. That’s what I meant. They quit before X-Force #1.

Astonishing Member

oops wrong message

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I actually quite like the lineup. It's nostalgic but the characters still have a lot of room for growth. So it works for me.

However, I love Boom Boom. I love Cannonball. But I won't be happy if Sam cheats on his wife or abandons her and his son so that he can play "will they, won't they" with Tabby. It was cute years ago but he's moved on, he's settled now, and they should learn to be just friends rather than getting weird every time they share a comic.
    I don't think that Sam would cheat, however they could easily just divorce them or say that Sam finds out that the kid was never his or something like that...and no pairing like S/T ever truly move on if given the chance...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that Sam would cheat, however they could easily just divorce them or say that Sam finds out that the kid was never his or something like that...and no pairing like S/T ever truly move on if given the chance...
    Or preferably Serafina has been f^cking with him this whole time

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sam cheating on Smasher would be too OoC for Sam's conservative personality and having them say that he's not the dad could make Smasher look bad. I wish they'd bring Smasher into the X-Books or an A-Force book though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sam cheating on Smasher would be too OoC for Sam's conservative personality and having them say that he's not the dad could make Smasher look bad. I wish they'd bring Smasher into the X-Books or an A-Force book though.
    Why would cheating not mesh well with his "conservative" background?

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    However, I love Boom Boom. I love Cannonball. But I won't be happy if Sam cheats on his wife or abandons her and his son so that he can play "will they, won't they" with Tabby. It was cute years ago but he's moved on, he's settled now, and they should learn to be just friends rather than getting weird every time they share a comic.
    Hmm, maybe Sam would follow the Scott path in this regard as well. One would hope Marvel would have learned by now, but you know.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The baby has a mutant blast field just like Sam's.

Kinda hard to play "He's not the daddy" with this one.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Sam cheating would be way out of character, especially when he has a kid. He and Boom Boom weren't even a very interesting couple.

Rictor had issues with Cable at the beginning of X-force, but those were eventually resolved. More importantly, Star cares about Cable and Rictor cares about Star, so I don't see why he wouldn't be here too. I just really hope he isn't dying in the Shatterstar solo.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Shouldn't Rictor make it out of Shatterstar's solo alive in order to tie-in with Dead Souls or did Rictor dodge that bullet?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Shouldn't Rictor make it out of Shatterstar's solo alive in order to tie-in with Dead Souls or did Rictor dodge that bullet?
    He, Star, and Boom Boom were teleported away at the end of Dead Souls. The Shatterstar solo is presumably set after.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Sam cheating would be way out of character, especially when he has a kid. He and Boom Boom weren't even a very interesting couple.
    I thought Sam and Boom Boom got interesting after he graduated to the X-Men and she stayed on X-Force. It was kind of what happens with a high school couple when one goes to college. I liked their couple because there were a few panels about them but I don't remember the relationship playing an important part in any of the stories.

I think it's been long enough to where they can be on the same team as exes and be ok with that. It would be a good occasion to show some personal growth for the characters. Maybe Tabitha is happy for Sam because he has a family, etc.

What do you guys think of Burnett's art though? The name didn't ring a bell at all when I saw the announcement, but I just realized his only other work for Marvel is on Cosmic Ghost Rider...I don't know I'm just not a big fan of the art in that book.

Ultimate Member

The question becomes whether or not Smasher is going to be that involved in the X-world going forward, if not then they could easily just retcon the kid as not being his or just retcon that he was ever married at all...and I loved the Sam/Tabitha pairing from the start and have always felt them to be a very interesting couple...

Watching Izzy and Sam, albeit how limited its been, raising Josiah has been worth more than him getting back with Tabby could be worth. At some point, these characters need to move forward. Also, writers need to stop thinking retcons are acceptable to get their own way. I'd be livid if they just retconned out his wife and kid. It's beyond disrespectful to other writers and the hard work they put into their stories.

Still, it's hypothetical at this point and hopefully Brisson can avoid it.