Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Wait, X-Force is cool palling with Real!Cable's murderer? I get that he's the newer model, but if they cool with this, then they should be cool with Stryfe, too.
    Is killing your older self consider suicide or murder? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Uncanny Avengers, first volume.
    She was never addressed after Axis, though. Immortus even went like "hey guys, Kate is lost, but I'll tell you the perfect day to **** and conceive a new Kate". Alex and Janet were 100% on board with the idea. It's weird and barely matters since writers treat their relationship as non-existent.
    I think Janet brought up Katie like once since then but never again especially now that she has Nadia as her new daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    The answer is yes

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    I have a feeling that this is how Marvel is gonna get all the whiny SJW writers that work for Marvel now to incorporate Cable into the main fabric of X-Men stories. I don't think it's a coincidence that Cable has been more or less isolated from the rest of the X-Men since X-Men: Second Coming. I imagine that whenever Cable is brought up in X-Men summits, there's a bevy of excuses ranging from "toxic masculinity", to "his backstory is SOOO convoluted" to "he's everything that was wrong with comics in the 90's". By "youthanizing" him and (possibly) streamlining his backstory, it takes away the excuses.
    You've got to be kidding.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Well, suicide was long considered a form of murder, so I'm going with both.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't think it's toxic masculinity or else Bishop and Wolverine wouldn't be getting a push either. Probably more them hating his convoluted backstory, as well as the fact that Josh Brolin's Cable in Deadpool 2 was popular and will be doing X-Force next and they really did streamline his story for the films. So maybe a bit of both. If they keep his hair gray or silver and bulk him up some, maybe age him up a bit too, I'll be fine. Just use him and make him a major player again too.

I think so too. This is less about making him young and more about streamlining the character I believe.
    I like your thinking there. I dont mind more of him, it be nice to see him become the old guy we all know.

Do we know how old he was when he defeted apocalypse? I know little of Cable and now i need to go do some reading on him lol

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

The marvel article states they are hunting down kid cable. Why is he on the cover like he's part of the team?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    The marvel article states they are hunting down kid cable. Why is he on the cover like he's part of the team?
    They get stuck with him in a "lesser of two evils" situation that everybody hates.
    I don't know whether or not this is the case, but it makes sense.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Probably the classic, hunt for character then said character joins team, trope.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    I have a feeling that this is how Marvel is gonna get all the whiny SJW writers that work for Marvel now to incorporate Cable into the main fabric of X-Men stories. I don't think it's a coincidence that Cable has been more or less isolated from the rest of the X-Men since X-Men: Second Coming. I imagine that whenever Cable is brought up in X-Men summits, there's a bevy of excuses ranging from "toxic masculinity", to "his backstory is SOOO convoluted" to "he's everything that was wrong with comics in the 90's". By "youthanizing" him and (possibly) streamlining his backstory, it takes away the excuses.
    Nah. Luckily when Cable came back after AvX they tried put him back on X-Force but those books didn't stick. After Secret Wars I guess no one had a good X-Force pitch and the main X-writers got caught up in the Inhumans and O5 nonsense.

Cable is so

Its Wifi, people.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I approve of this new X-Force. Love the line-up, I've liked what I've read of Brisson so far and I'm very curious about this new younger Cable. I'm not familiar with the artist though, is he any good?

It's hard to be excited for this when Marvel can't take a break from alternative versions of the same character. This 3837399349032 versions of the same character has got to stop.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Look on the bright side, we can expect some development from Hope. Granted, she's probably going to be pissed and want Teen Cable's head on a pike for killing her father.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So Kid Cable, Boom Boom, Cannonball, Warpath, Dom, Shatterstar, and...I don't know the other guy. Not exactly the most unexpected of lineups.
    That's the death lock from uncanny xforce.
    This team is stupid. Have bad cable die to bring back good cable. And be done with this alt reality crap

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Look on the bright side, we can expect some development from Hope. Granted, she's probably going to be pissed and want Teen Cable's head on a pike for killing her father.
    But but then she will just be killing her young father. What is it with Summers and trying to kill them self lol