Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I approve of this new X-Force. Love the line-up, I've liked what I've read of Brisson so far and I'm very curious about this new younger Cable. I'm not familiar with the artist though, is he any good?
    I had to look him up, because I quickly realized Pepe Larraz wasn't doing the interior artwork. He has a totally different style from Larraz, but a style that will mesh really well with X-Force.

I want to jump on the Alternate Version of Cable debate:

I was totally against the O5, once it was explained they couldn't go back and we were stuck with them (until now). I think alternate versions like that (especially a whole team) are best for short arcs.

Cable, he's never been a favorite of mine, so I'm not upset. However, in my mind, he was a character introduced as an alternate version/time traveler, who had a clone version of himself as a villain...so alternative versions of him isn't really bothering me.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-13-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

The team is good.

On the other hand Young Cable is another story.

Is totally uncreative they practically used the concept of the O5 bringing a younger version and got rid of the older version.

Again we do not need copies.

this is pretty much a lineup of characters you would expect in an X-Force roster, but in this case I don't think it's a bad thing since with all the different characters and personalities it will probably be a very dynamic and interesting team.

It's kind of weird when Cable isn't the one on the cover holding an oversized gun .

I don't get the point of Kid Cable, but I guess if he's going to act differently then OG!Cable and add a new dynamic to X-Force, I can see where he would fit in here. It would be kind of funny to see him meet Nate though...

You guys alt characters, are a staple of the Xmen, after psychic powers, its the most common trope.

I know the 05 teens left a bad taste, but its something we have to deal with.

Mighty Member

I'll definitely be picking this up. Looking to see how this younger Cable plays out in Extermination. I do wish Moonstar was on the team..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    You guys alt characters, are a staple of the Xmen, after psychic powers, its the most common trope.

And it's kind of an overused trope, especially since they use time travel to 'create' the O5 and now Cable. They could have had a clone to mix it up a little

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Wait, X-Force is cool palling with Real!Cable's murderer? I get that he's the newer model, but if they cool with this, then they should be cool with Stryfe, too.
    The cover is making it look like they are on the same side, but the article mentions X-Force going after young Cable to get answers. So I'm guessing we'll get a few fights at first? And they might eventually team up? There are obviously some crucial things we don't know about regarding young Cable and why he killed the old Cable. A team up with X-Force might make a lot more sense by the time Extermination is over.

The way I see it the young Cable is a weird attempt at getting a new generation of teen readers into X-Force.
    Last edited by Rover; 09-13-2018 at 11:16 AM.

You're right. I dealt with it by not buying books that feature those terrible rehash characters and concepts. The 05 can't leave fast enough and will be remembered as one of the, if not the, single worst plot that destroyed the continuity and direction of the X-Men.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Meh, more of the same. X-Force-Weapon X-Whatever synonym for X-Force hasn't been good since Remender's run.

I think the biggest reason they left a bad taste, was the fact that they got prioritized for books/story/characterization over other more original and interesting characters. Especially when 4 out of 5 of their older counterparts were still alive.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Cable is so

Its Wifi, people.
    Let's officially change his name from Cable to Streaming.

It works because he's always streaming through time.

Teen Cable?! Ugh, no thanks.

#NotmyCable

BANNED

lol.. what? What?! WHAT???
    Okay, I think they did not update the appearance of the characters on the cover to avoid spoiling..
    BUT WHAT A FCK? In an interview they say that they can not talk much about the plot and spoil the characters on the cover. And they showed young Cable..
    And we all remember that he killed Old Good Cable...

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I know it's cliche to complain about new announcement line-ups, but where are Sunspot, Rictor, and Siryn? I would happily ditch Deadlok for any one of them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I know it's cliche to complain about new announcement line-ups, but where are Sunspot, Rictor, and Siryn? I would happily ditch Deadlok for any one of them.
    Exactly. Why bring back Siryn who was such an important part of the original team? She is probably forgotten and if there won't be a X Factor detective agency book I need to learn to let go...

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Exactly. Why bring back Siryn who was such an important part of the original team? She is probably forgotten and if there won't be a X Factor detective agency book I need to learn to let go...
    It is much easier to use a copy of a famous character.

You do not have to work too hard on the script or bothering with character motivations that do not have the same appeal with most readers to make them interesting.

Simply throw the copy in the story and say it is a version of the future or past or maybe a clone and soon readers will get too busy thinking about the consequences and how they are different that even forget the purpose of the copy exist in the plot and his function like the O5.