Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    This is the best news in a long time.

I'm sure Astonishing will end, and we're going to get a Rosenburg-written X-Factor with Madrox and some other characters from his New Mutant series (maybe Illyana, Karma, Dani, Guido, Ric, Rahne?).
    Astonishing is like... 3 issues into this run or something, what are you talking about lol.

Hmm, Rictor didn't like Cable much, did he? I mean, I know they got over their misunderstandings, but they were never close. Maybe that's why he's not on the team. He wouldn't be so interested in hunting down young Cable as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Astonishing is like... 3 issues into this run or something, what are you talking about lol.
    Isn't tradition that Havok always gets the short end

So wait. He kills their friend and comrade and they are just going to allow him in the group and follow his lead???

No they're hunting him down. Some of the team wants him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    No they're hunting him down. Some of the team wants him dead.
    I got my money on them hunting Cable down for the first arc and then they will work together. Maybe even raise and train him so he becomes the Cable they knew.

I like this team...proceed.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    So wait. He kills their friend and comrade and they are just going to allow him in the group and follow his lead???
    They're the same character for all intents and purposes?

Nothing we know of says they're are two complete AU characters. OG Cable himself is an AU character. I really don't see the difference. Same character, just younger and you can magic handwave it because his whole thing is time travel. His whole existence requires little thought or imagination

Lol. All I can do is laugh. Because you're true, but at the same time, it's so Marvel.

I'm dumb.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

It would be funny that is Nate Grey on the cover and not kid cable. that would be a nice way to fool fans.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm excited about the article mentioning a 'laundry list of X-Force villains'...and I love Brisson's take on X-Force teaming up 'to do what no one else in the Marvel universe will do'. That's the spirit
    Stryfe and the M.L.F. perhaps?

BANNED

-Love the classic logo

-Ed Brisson? Wicked. His run on Cable was pretty great, and I've loved bits and pieces of Old Man Logan, depsite having no attachment to the character. Extermination is off to a strong start, and I'm really excited for Uncanny. I'm relatively unfamiliar with the artist, but a quick Google search solved that problem. He's decent, but probably wouldn't have been my pick. A shame Pepe Larraz isn't doing the interiors.

-The "laundry list of X-Force villains" sounds exciting. I expect we'll be seeing Stryfe at some point, but I wonder who else might show up.

-Still not loving Domino's uniform. Cable is a big downgrade too; different character technically but the look doesn't do anything for me.

-So I guess Shatterstars look from his solo doesn't last beyond that story, as I assume that mini is set before X-Force. I wonder if Rictor will show up in some capacity given they're still dating. I wish we could get them together on a team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    My marketing hat says it's slightly silly not to include DP.
    Deadpool irks me, but it would have made a lot of sense to include Deadpool and def would have boosted sales, especially since we DP3/X-Force is coming to the big screen at some point.

I guess Astonishing is ending or going through a cast change given Warpath is there.
    I suspect they're gonna wrap the Reaver storyline and then it'll either be canceled OR we'll get a new roster and creative team, as we saw in #13 after the initial Shadow King/X storyline wrapped. So at least Warpath is assured a role beyond Astonishing. I wonder what this means for Colossus, Havok, Dazzler, Banshee and Beast. Potential return tickets to limbo. I'd say that Piotr & Hank are pretty safe though.

It's so ironic and so stupid that an event made to get rid of young time-displaced counterparts of older characters is being used to establishing another one lol.
    Yeah I can't even believe it stuck. I'd kinda assumed that baby Cable would be gone by the time Extermination ends. I was actually glad that most of the AU characters were going to be gone after that event, but its disheartening to see the premise of culling all the AU characters has resulted in another one. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Extremely stupid. I don’t see why we need a kid Cable. Isn’t that what X-Man is for?
    I mean, couldn't they have just used Hope Summers instead? She's basically female Cable in terms of personality and she already has ties to X-Force. I don't even like Hope at all, but she would have been preferable. And yeah, X-Man was basically Cable lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I know it's cliche to complain about new announcement line-ups, but where are Sunspot, Rictor, and Siryn? I would happily ditch Deadlok for any one of them.
    We all have our ideal rosters, and our likes & dislikes when it comes to certain characters, so I guess its only natural. I thought the same. I know they're not the 'originals' but I do think that Rictor, Siryn & Sunspot (in that order) would all be preferable over bloody Deathlok, a nobody non-mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This looks cool. I would have preferred Rictor instead of Deathlok or baby cable but I'm giving this book a chance. So maybe after the event we'll get three books. This, Uncanny and Adjectiveles?

Uncanny could be: Jean, Storm, Psylocke, Bishop, Jubilee, X-23, Northstar, Nightcrawler, Beast and Iceman (one of them might die)
    X-Men could be: Kitty and the younger students.

I would be fine with it...lesser books, more focus on the characters. Feels vert classic.
    I'd ditch Deathlok for pretty much anyone. I'd honestly forgotten he existed and I was pretty content with that. As I've said above, Rictor, Siryn or Sunspot would have been great in terms of keeping with the classics, and optimising character interaction and character history, but I would have been cool with Blink, Daken or Spiral too.

Ultimate Member

I'd replace Deathlok with Siryn, wonder if Sam will still be married and a father or just say that the kid wasn't his or something like that, if he and Tabitha are on the same team for long they tend to spend a lot of time together if not do more...would love to see Terry on the team and she and Warpath have a chance...it'll be strange for Domino given how close she was to Cable, perhaps in the end they'll just send she and Cable into the future and they'll come back with Domino much the same but Cable back to his old self...they could even give them a kid but because of the time traveling stuff the kid would be all grown up already...

well thats unexpected

Forgot about that. I thought that was a timeline that got wiped out?
    It was. Hardly worth mentioning
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-13-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

I suspect they're gonna wrap the Reaver storyline and then it'll either be canceled OR we'll get a new roster and creative team, as we saw in #13 after the initial Shadow King/X storyline wrapped. So at least Warpath is assured a role beyond Astonishing. I wonder what this means for Colossus, Havok, Dazzler, Banshee and Beast. Potential return tickets to limbo. I'd say that Piotr & Hank are pretty safe though.
    I'm guessing all these characters might move to Uncanny if they cancel Astonishing. We've already seen Beast in a lot of the art, and they've talked about having a huge cast.

I think the goal is to reshape the entire X-book line-up and start 2019 with new titles. It's a good strategy given that Blue, Gold and Weapon X haven't been huge successes. I think we're in the beginning of a transition period between the two line-ups since we're getting plenty of 'fillers' minis with Iceman, X-Men Black, Shatterstar before the new ongoings start.

And they're still keeping some big announcements for NYCC so I think we're getting at least one ongoing besides Uncanny and X-Force. The good news is Astonishing should have plenty of time to wrap up the current story between now and December.