Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

So damn excited for this

Really want Hope to be apart of this as well
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I'm into it! Really excited to see Boom Boom and Cannonball in the same book again.

I can't remember the last time the two had any meaningful interaction. How did they leave things the last time they were together?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't dislike baby Cable but i feel his presence devaluates Cable's death. Also being tall and old are some of the things i like about Cable which kid Cable lacks.

Only thing missing from this lineup is Wolverine “Hot Claws” Logan

BANNED

With Brisson on this, I'm guessing that leaves either Rosenberg or Thompson on Uncanny, after Disassembled. And hopefully, whichever one it isn't, with something else.

BANNED

Can't believe they're actually calling him Kid Cable, that's funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd replace Deathlok with Siryn, wonder if Sam will still be married and a father or just say that the kid wasn't his or something like that, if he and Tabitha are on the same team for long they tend to spend a lot of time together if not do more...would love to see Terry on the team and she and Warpath have a chance...it'll be strange for Domino given how close she was to Cable, perhaps in the end they'll just send she and Cable into the future and they'll come back with Domino much the same but Cable back to his old self...they could even give them a kid but because of the time traveling stuff the kid would be all grown up already...
    Does anybody even like Deathlok? I've never seen an appreciation thread or even anyone bring him up. I don't think he's very original, and it tends to bother me when non-mutants are on X-Men teams because it kinda defeats the purpose.
    Siryn would be superior. Another female on the team, an OG X-Forcer and James' ex. I'd love to see Terry on the crew.

Honestly, I'd be fine with them ignoring Sam's wife and child, one of the aspects of Hickman's Avengers I wasn't a fan of. I suppose they'll have to address it but I'm uninterested.

Are you for real? You want Domino & young Cable to shack up and have a kid? Do we really need any more alternate universe/timeline kids? Blergh

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm guessing all these characters might move to Uncanny if they cancel Astonishing. We've already seen Beast in a lot of the art, and they've talked about having a huge cast.

I think the goal is to reshape the entire X-book line-up and start 2019 with new titles. It's a good strategy given that Blue, Gold and Weapon X haven't been huge successes. I think we're in the beginning of a transition period between the two line-ups since we're getting plenty of 'fillers' minis with Iceman, X-Men Black, Shatterstar before the new ongoings start.

And they're still keeping some big announcements for NYCC so I think we're getting at least one ongoing besides Uncanny and X-Force. The good news is Astonishing should have plenty of time to wrap up the current story between now and December.
    It's still unclear if Uncanny X-Men beyond Dissasemble will have a core roster or will continue to feature numerous characters. I'm sure Beast will continue to feature, and I think Colossus is pretty much assured a role too. The fate of Banshee, Dazzler & Havok is a little more questionable. If it's ending though, at least they've gotten some relevance in Rosenbergs Astonishing run.

Yeah seems that's the plan. Another fresh start. Gold & Weapon X are trash. Blue has been great at times but is inconsistent in quality and has been ruled by editorial decisions. I look forward to seeing what else 2019 will deliver. Uncanny and X-Force is a great start. And yeah, there's plenty of 'filler' content with all the minis and one-shots rn.

I think there will definitely be another core X-Men title- there are too many of them to squash into one book. Maybe a new Astonishing roster?? I think there could be another splinter title too; hints provided by writers and current stories indicate that New Mutants, X-Factor or New X-Men could be making a comeback.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Terry and James never dated. It was more one sided on James' part, and although the potential is there, it never went anywhere.

That being said, I do wish Siryn was part of this. Outside of X-Factor, this group makes the most sense for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And “Kid Cable” is not even close to the stupidest thing they’ve come up with lately! *cough*hotclaws*cough*

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I'll do you one better: Prestige.

BANNED

Truth! All 3 are pretty bad, with the lame-ass 'hot claws" being the worst. Try harder Marvel, it wouldn't require that much effort, in these cases.

Kinda hope that Sunspot/Magma/Mirage/Rictor make cameos in this just to get all these characters on panels together

Young Cabe? Really....No Feral?....Warpath? Is Astonishing ending?....I was hoping Rictor, Siryn, and a resurrected Feral would also be apart of this......but, I will give it a shot I guess....as much as I like Neena, I would have been cool if she was left out since she has her own awesome ongoing.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

How would you guys feel if they just redid the '90s teams with their original lineups? Everyone is still around and kicking, other than Scott.

X-Men Gold (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Men Blue (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Force (as this thread revealed)
    X-Factor (seeing that Madrox is now prominent again)
    Excalibur
    New Mutants (the only book with a different cast/the Armor-led Academy X team)

Then maybe trickle in other characters throughout like Laura, Moonstar, Northstar, etc.

I know some fans would hate this, others would love it, but! It would be interesting to see these characters coming back together and seeing how they interact now that each of them (most of them, not all) have gone through major changes.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I don't even care about Uncanny anymore, this is the book that has me excited. Only thing missing is Sunspot and Siryn. I swear Berto better not just wind up in comic limbo after the strides he has made as a leader.