Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think Hope would be a good addition to this team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How would you guys feel if they just redid the '90s teams with their original lineups? Everyone is still around and kicking, other than Scott.

X-Men Gold (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Men Blue (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Force (as this thread revealed)
    X-Factor (seeing that Madrox is now prominent again)
    Excalibur
    New Mutants (the only book with a different cast/the Armor-led Academy X team)

Then maybe trickle in other characters throughout like Laura, Moonstar, Northstar, etc.

I know some fans would hate this, others would love it, but! It would be interesting to see these characters coming back together and seeing how they interact now that each of them (most of them, not all) have gone through major changes.
    So basically nothing would change except the name of the books.

I'm getting tired of the same old core characters getting all the focus. The fact Editorial can't move past their Claremont/Byrne/Lee Nostalgia Wank is one of the PROBLEMS in the books these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think Hope would be a good addition to this team.
    I disagree with you. I don’t like her.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

I'm getting tired of the same old core characters getting all the focus. The fact Editorial can't move past their Claremont/Byrne/Lee Nostalgia Wank is one of the PROBLEMS in the books these days.
    For sure! I'd personally like to see new and innovative teams that make sense. I'm over the constant retread, but I wouldn't mind an Excalibur reunion book with maybe the addition of Faiza Hussain.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Cannonball hasn't been on an X-book in quite sometime. Boom Boom and Shatterstar also haven't gotten that much focus in the past couple of years. This team isn't treading new ground, but half of these character aren't exactly getting used that much.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

I personally would feel sooo nostalgic by good storytelling...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Cannonball hasn't been on an X-book in quite sometime. Boom Boom and Shatterstar also haven't gotten that much focus in the past couple of years. This team isn't treading new ground, but half of these character aren't exactly getting used that much.
    Agreed. And except for Hope, this is the team that would most want to investigate Cable's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Boom Boom was just part of that New Mutants mini.

It's almost as if you're saying that mini didn't use the characters that were supposedly part of the cast all that much.

Ultimate Member

No, I'm not saying that I wanted Domino to have a kid with young Cable, more like he'd get older first and basically become the Cable that we've known and loved...then the kid would come so that by the time that they came back Cable would look like his old self...as for Terry, while she and James never dated the interest from both was clearly there, they just never took that final step and became an actual couple, though the others in X-Force treated them as one, and then there's that panel that many use to push Rictor/Shatterstar before they actually got together about how Terry and I think Star viewed Rictor and Warpath...

Sam and Tabitha left of things as far as I know without a lot of drama, as I don't remember there being hard feelings really, and the two have a history of when they're around each other for any real length of time they start dating again, even after Pete Wisdom was their leader Tabitha or Sam made a comment about her having been modeling trashy French lingerie for him...

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    How would you guys feel if they just redid the '90s teams with their original lineups? Everyone is still around and kicking, other than Scott.

X-Men Gold (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Men Blue (Astonishing/Uncanny)
    X-Force (as this thread revealed)
    X-Factor (seeing that Madrox is now prominent again)
    Excalibur
    New Mutants (the only book with a different cast/the Armor-led Academy X team)

Then maybe trickle in other characters throughout like Laura, Moonstar, Northstar, etc.

I know some fans would hate this, others would love it, but! It would be interesting to see these characters coming back together and seeing how they interact now that each of them (most of them, not all) have gone through major changes.
    JDW has confirmed there are no plans to revive X-Factor at this time. :/

Ultimate Member

That X-Factor team only happened as a way for PAD to push Jamie...as otherwise Jamie is more in the role that he belongs to as being a supporting character and not the main character, at least imho...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    I have a feeling that this is how Marvel is gonna get all the whiny SJW writers that work for Marvel now to incorporate Cable into the main fabric of X-Men stories. I don't think it's a coincidence that Cable has been more or less isolated from the rest of the X-Men since X-Men: Second Coming. I imagine that whenever Cable is brought up in X-Men summits, there's a bevy of excuses ranging from "toxic masculinity", to "his backstory is SOOO convoluted" to "he's everything that was wrong with comics in the 90's". By "youthanizing" him and (possibly) streamlining his backstory, it takes away the excuses.
    Awww. Poor Snowflake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    JDW has confirmed there are no plans to revive X-Factor at this time. :/
    The more recent, MadroX led one tho, I believe, is what was specified when he was asked. Jamie may end up on Uncanny, with the push he seems to be gettin'. I think Havok's Astonishing gang & maybe the New Mutants: Dead Souls crew, might just amalgamate, and form a new X-Factor that pays homage to the 90's version.

Posted from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

So they're bringing X-Force back with no Dani.....sigh
    Is Warpath the GoTo character if you wanna add a minority to an XTeam in order for it not be totally Lily white?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Posted from another thread:

Is Warpath the GoTo character if you wanna add a minority to an XTeam in order for it not be totally Lily white?
    Unfortunately it looks like it. This team would look so much better with Rictor & Dami added. Maybe Deathlok will be a POC also.