Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,495

    Default Netflix's The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

    We have a trailer.




    And is it just me or was was this trailer's rendition of "Happy Birthday" less scary than the one Betty sang to Jughead in Riverdale?

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Sain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    I dig it; a lot pulled from the comics for sure. I really really like the lighting.

  3. #3
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,438

    Default

    Looks damn interesting. I'll give it a watch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #4
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,731

    Default

    Does this share continuity with Riverdale? Is the Riverside team behind this? If so hard pass.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Sain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Does this share continuity with Riverdale? Is the Riverside team behind this? If so hard pass.
    Yea, I feel the same depending on how much of the CW bench is playing on this team. But this trailer merits at least a first episode watch to me.

    Pretty sure somewhere it said from the producers of Riverdale.

  6. #6
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Yea, I feel the same depending on how much of the CW bench is playing on this team. But this trailer merits at least a first episode watch to me.

    Pretty sure somewhere it said from the producers of Riverdale.
    Supposedly they dropped the idea of sharing a universe with Riverdale when the CW passed on the show and it moved to Netflix.

    I love the comics it's based off of, so I'll give it a watch.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Sain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Supposedly they dropped the idea of sharing a universe with Riverdale when the CW passed on the show and it moved to Netflix.

    I love the comics it's based off of, so I'll give it a watch.
    Yea, what you say is a fact, but it's still possible CW heads would work on the show and just not connect them.

    I'm catching up on the comics right now, and it continues to be immaculate. From what I'm hearing there are major delays and issues are generally slow to come out which bums me out. I can only assume (if I read correctly) it is because the head writer is on staff for Riverdale and this.

  8. #8
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    I've been watching "Bewitched" on DVD lately and the concept of a witch interests me right now just enough to check this out. I'd prefer a "Bewitched" revival since that's the one that led to the original Sabrina to begin with but a happily married comedy couple just doesn't seem to be the style for either Netflix or the CW though a darker continuation of Samantha decades after we last saw her could be interesting. Still, you take what you can get so I'll definitely check this out.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Incredible Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    728

    Default

    sabrina the teenage witch!

  11. #11
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    As a horror follower & not a fan of anything Archie. TCAS is truly a marvel of inspired wonder. The horror Archie books were done 100% right on the money. If they can stay true to the source material, I will absolutely love this.

    However, I'm getting a bad feeling with this alarming "boyfriend" nonsense that they always try to shoehorn in anything TV teen-girl related. I'm giving it a chance, but If I start seeing sparkly angst boyfriend/witch-shtick then it's a wrap & ruined.

    I will sacrifice 10 good souls to have Salem voiced by a very snarky Paul Lynde voice impersonator! This would be pure winning.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Sain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    As a horror follower & not a fan of anything Archie. TCAS is truly a marvel of inspired wonder. The horror Archie books were done 100% right on the money. If they can stay true to the source material, I will absolutely love this.

    However, I'm getting a bad feeling with this alarming "boyfriend" nonsense that they always try to shoehorn in anything TV teen-girl related. I'm giving it a chance, but If I start seeing sparkly angst boyfriend/witch-shtick then it's a wrap & ruined.

    I will sacrifice 10 good souls to have Salem voiced by a very snarky Paul Lynde voice impersonator! This would be pure winning.
    All of this.

  13. #13
    Smiles but not on command Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    As a horror follower & not a fan of anything Archie. TCAS is truly a marvel of inspired wonder. The horror Archie books were done 100% right on the money. If they can stay true to the source material, I will absolutely love this.

    However, I'm getting a bad feeling with this alarming "boyfriend" nonsense that they always try to shoehorn in anything TV teen-girl related. I'm giving it a chance, but If I start seeing sparkly angst boyfriend/witch-shtick then it's a wrap & ruined.

    I will sacrifice 10 good souls to have Salem voiced by a very snarky Paul Lynde voice impersonator! This would be pure winning.
    Get Steve Carroll to do it. He played Uncle Arthur brought forth from the television show into the "real world" in the "Bewitched" movie and did an absolutely perfect impersonation of Paul Lynde's Uncle Arthur.
    "I'm not what you think I am". Higher, further, faster.

  14. #14
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Get Steve Carroll to do it. He played Uncle Arthur brought forth from the television show into the "real world" in the "Bewitched" movie and did an absolutely perfect impersonation of Paul Lynde's Uncle Arthur.
    Seth McFarlane does a good Paul Lynde riff as "Roger" on his American Dad but see, I'll have to track down that "Bewitched" movie like NOW!

  15. #15

    Default

    so are there villains in this series? how old is Sabrina here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •