Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Netflix's The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

We have a trailer.

And is it just me or was was this trailer's rendition of "Happy Birthday" less scary than the one Betty sang to Jughead in Riverdale?

I dig it; a lot pulled from the comics for sure. I really really like the lighting.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks damn interesting. I'll give it a watch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Does this share continuity with Riverdale? Is the Riverside team behind this? If so hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Does this share continuity with Riverdale? Is the Riverside team behind this? If so hard pass.
    Yea, I feel the same depending on how much of the CW bench is playing on this team. But this trailer merits at least a first episode watch to me.

Pretty sure somewhere it said from the producers of Riverdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Yea, I feel the same depending on how much of the CW bench is playing on this team. But this trailer merits at least a first episode watch to me.

Pretty sure somewhere it said from the producers of Riverdale.
    Supposedly they dropped the idea of sharing a universe with Riverdale when the CW passed on the show and it moved to Netflix.

I love the comics it's based off of, so I'll give it a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Supposedly they dropped the idea of sharing a universe with Riverdale when the CW passed on the show and it moved to Netflix.

I love the comics it's based off of, so I'll give it a watch.
    Yea, what you say is a fact, but it's still possible CW heads would work on the show and just not connect them.

I'm catching up on the comics right now, and it continues to be immaculate. From what I'm hearing there are major delays and issues are generally slow to come out which bums me out. I can only assume (if I read correctly) it is because the head writer is on staff for Riverdale and this.

I've been watching "Bewitched" on DVD lately and the concept of a witch interests me right now just enough to check this out. I'd prefer a "Bewitched" revival since that's the one that led to the original Sabrina to begin with but a happily married comedy couple just doesn't seem to be the style for either Netflix or the CW though a darker continuation of Samantha decades after we last saw her could be interesting. Still, you take what you can get so I'll definitely check this out.
    Power with Girl is better.

sabrina the teenage witch!

As a horror follower & not a fan of anything Archie. TCAS is truly a marvel of inspired wonder. The horror Archie books were done 100% right on the money. If they can stay true to the source material, I will absolutely love this.

However, I'm getting a bad feeling with this alarming "boyfriend" nonsense that they always try to shoehorn in anything TV teen-girl related. I'm giving it a chance, but If I start seeing sparkly angst boyfriend/witch-shtick then it's a wrap & ruined.

I will sacrifice 10 good souls to have Salem voiced by a very snarky Paul Lynde voice impersonator! This would be pure winning.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    As a horror follower & not a fan of anything Archie. TCAS is truly a marvel of inspired wonder. The horror Archie books were done 100% right on the money. If they can stay true to the source material, I will absolutely love this.

However, I'm getting a bad feeling with this alarming "boyfriend" nonsense that they always try to shoehorn in anything TV teen-girl related. I'm giving it a chance, but If I start seeing sparkly angst boyfriend/witch-shtick then it's a wrap & ruined.

I will sacrifice 10 good souls to have Salem voiced by a very snarky Paul Lynde voice impersonator! This would be pure winning.
    All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post

Get Steve Carroll to do it. He played Uncle Arthur brought forth from the television show into the "real world" in the "Bewitched" movie and did an absolutely perfect impersonation of Paul Lynde's Uncle Arthur.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Get Steve Carroll to do it. He played Uncle Arthur brought forth from the television show into the "real world" in the "Bewitched" movie and did an absolutely perfect impersonation of Paul Lynde's Uncle Arthur.
    Seth McFarlane does a good Paul Lynde riff as "Roger" on his American Dad but see, I'll have to track down that "Bewitched" movie like NOW!

so are there villains in this series? how old is Sabrina here?