Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default DC Freedom Fighters by Rob Venditti & Eddy Barrows in December (12 issue)

DC Freedom Fighters by Rob Venditti & Eddy Barrows in December (12 issue)

Interview with Rob Venditti
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-freedom-fight...ng-new-series/

Eddy Barrows Design for Freedom Fighter’s Nazi PlaSSticMen
    https://www.cbr.com/freedom-fighters...aracter-sheet/
    Last edited by JimmySpectre; 09-13-2018 at 11:33 AM.

I'm in like Flynn. Earth-X has always longed for a good, extended story that takes full advantage of its rich, metaphorical potential. Morrison scratched that itch ever so slightly with Mastermen, but I'm down for a more traditional depiction too.

I love seeing the Freedom Fighters back, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't try and have something like this out when Freedom Fighters: The Ray was out on CWSeed or for the Earth-X crossover.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised The Ray isn't in this.

And, points for diversity, but Doll Woman doesn't roll off the tongue like Dollman does .

Always've been a fan of the team and the concept, even if I don't think they have ever quite lived up to it's true potential. Read faithfully the original 70's run and the Gray and Palmiotti's revivals. Big fan of Barrows. Hope he has enough of a lead to get through the series. Will be picking this up.

Peace

From the article "EXCLUSIVE: Eddy Barrows’ Design for Freedom Fighter’s PlaSSticMen":
    Though he was a part of the Freedom Fighters in the ’70s, pliable DC superhero Plastic Man isn’t a part of the Rebirth era’s Earth-X based team
    He was?!?
    Has anybody at DC bothered to read the introduction of the Freedom Fighters back in Justice League of America #107-108?

Plastic Man was among those heroes who had died prior to the introduction of the group. He was never in any of the issues of the 1976-1978 series.
    (He was in the Convergence two-issue Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters series in 2015, however.)

That’s awesome! Always been a huge Uncle Sam/Freedom Fighters fan! Plastic Man as a villain sounds pretty terrifying. The horrible stuff he could potentially do with those powers. With Nazis in the news again, Earth X is more relevant than it’s been for a long while.

This is Overman’s world right? Can’t wait, the little peek into this world we got with Mastermen got me hungry for more.

Earth-10 was Overman's, yes. I'm not sure this will be that world, though, and may just be another Earth-X. I think if it were, Overman would have been mentioned, as would the minority Freedom Fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is Overman’s world right? Can’t wait, the little peek into this world we got with Mastermen got me hungry for more.
    I think it’s just the classic Earth X with the Quality Comics characters. The only difference is that this version of Plas is a Nazi.

I'm pretty sure I'll be giving this a try. I'm a fan of the original Freedom Fighters and I like (and am a bit surprised) that it takes place on Earth X.

I'm all over this.

I love earth-X, I love the Freedom Fighters. I'm a huge fan of the Palometti and Gray mini's from the 00's. So yeah, I am in for the first few issues, 100%!!!

I like that they're returning to earth-X, too, rather than trying to put the Fighters on the main continuity. Does this give us hope that the JSA's return will also put them on their own world, as it should be? Or is that hoping for too much?

Ha, that poster Trey Stain is always talking about how alt-reality books are bad business. Wonder what he thinks of this?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm all over this. Glad to see the Freedom Fighters again and on their own world to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I like that they're returning to earth-X, too, rather than trying to put the Fighters on the main continuity. Does this give us hope that the JSA's return will also put them on their own world, as it should be? Or is that hoping for too much?
    I'm hoping it's not too much to ask myself. I prefer the JSA on their own world.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm hoping it's not too much to ask myself. I prefer the JSA on their own world.
    The kind of story they're telling with the Freedom Fighters here make more sense for an Elseworld compared to how I feel the JSA will be handled once they come back.

Although I'm wondering if the status of a Ray being on Earth-1 is why there isn't a Ray on the Freedom Fighters here.

Mighty Member

WOOOO!! I'm pumped for this. So glad that the Freedom Fighters will be back on their own earth. They wouldnt stand out being in the same universe as the Justice League, Titans, etc. doesn't
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Sounds really interesting. I'm surprised they are going to use Doll Woman instead of Doll Man, but I like it ^^