Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    So we can get a series featuring this team ( just me but I am not fond of them ), but we can’t get a JSA title??!

This type of thinking is terrible. So characters should always get first dibs over other characters?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    This type of thinking is terrible. So characters should always get first dibs over other characters?
    I really don't think the selling point is the Human Bomb, Dollwoman, or Black Condor. It's probably the Nazi Earth 10 getting most of the attention.

It is a good sign that DC is putting a series on another earth, though. Even a limited one.

First off I know very little about the Freedom Fighters, so I wanted to give this a chance to get some exposure to them.

Loved the first issue, if this is an indicator I'm in for this maxi! Of course a lot can change over 12 issues but so far this seems like its going to be pretty killer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, they have most of the expected Freedom Fighters (even Uncle Sam), which makes it weirder that Ray isn't in it.
    Not really weird considering that, as is the way of comics and other mediums, not every new incarnation of a super team would end up being exactly like an old one or close to it. Even with teams like the Freedom Fighters, with how they'll be introduced or not introduced, some characters that have been members in previous stories will either be members of the team in the new FF comic..mostly being the same as always, they won't be, but will still join the team, they won't at all (no matter the reason why they wouldn't) or they simply won't exist. No characters are exempt from changes. Not them. Not anyone.
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 01-21-2019 at 02:30 AM.

I bought the first two issues on a whim the other day at my LCS. This is a solid comic so far, good writing and Eddy Barrows is in top form with his artwork.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this series.

Loved the first two issues, and all the things they are doing with Earth X. Having the current day FF as legacies carries so much more weight with the originals having died fighting for the cause...as opposed to pre-Flashpoint when they died fighting a crossover event!

I'm assuming over 12 issues we'll get appearances from all the usual suspects, so I'm fine with not seeing everybody right away. (I'd like to see one character in particular...see my avatar for details).

Enjoyed issue 4. Interesting to see The Human Bomb’s powers utilized in a different way. That guy definitely has a tragic existence. Very much like Rogue from the X Men. I liked seeing Sam talk about the other country’s spirits. Reminded me of the fantastic Uncle Sam Vertigo story.

I was kinda hoping that Overman didn’t exist on this version of Earth X. I wanted to see a more Silver Age take on this earth where it’s just the Quality Comics characters.

Enjoyed issue 5 and the return of Uncle Sam. Barrows’ art was great as usual. Really happy that he talked about America’s many mistakes and showed that it’s all not just rah rah WWII victories. “We got a lot wrong. Too much.”

Is Sam so weak right now because the country has actually embraced fascism?