Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel Cancel "The Vision"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...sequel-series/

Apparently axed because creative plans for Vision and Viv changed

Well, Jim Zub did say a while ago that it didn't quite fit into the continuity... Kinda sucks though.

*tt* Not looking forward to the army of D&C minions who'll be crowing about this, calling it their 'victory' by denying one of their least favourite writers another series, like it's something they accomplished via internet whining.

Also sucks because I barely care what's going on with these characters in other books but definitely wanted to see Chelsea Cain take a crack at them.

(this all assuming Bleeding Cool have it right)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Jim Zub did say a while ago that it didn't quite fit into the continuity... Kinda sucks though.
    I wish the big two would have enough faith in me to believe I can handle out of continuity stories and they really won't confuse me.

This kind of reminds me of what happened to Justice League Odyssey, only that book wasn't wholesale canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I wish the big two would have enough faith in me to believe I can handle out of continuity stories and they really won't confuse me.
    I think the problem it's that it wasn't meant to be out of continuity. It was meant to be 616 but just didn't fit somehow, or something like that.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'll believe it when another source confirms it. I wouldn't make a habit of believing rumors from Bleeding Cool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'll believe it when another source confirms it. I wouldn't make a habit of believing rumors from Bleeding Cool.
    You should start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think the problem it's that it wasn't meant to be out of continuity. It was meant to be 616 but just didn't fit somehow, or something like that.
    Even though the book wasn't meant to be out of continuity and it doesn't fit now, throwing something like a "what if" on it would allow writers and artists to do good stories that can be republished and kept in print. A Chelsea Cain Vision book fits that without being an exact jigsaw puzzle piece for a huge web of connected stories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I feel like they usually hedge their bets a bit more and they seem pretty confident about this. Although Marvel doesn’t usually announce when they cancel stuff so I guess we have to wait a while to see if it’s in the solicits or not...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    I feel like they usually hedge their bets a bit more and they seem pretty confident about this. Although Marvel doesn’t usually announce when they cancel stuff so I guess we have to wait a while to see if it’s in the solicits or not...
    If I'm in a windowless office and someone says it's raining I might wait until I hear someone else complain about the weather before I get my umbrella ready.

They're rumor happy enough, that I'm gonna wait until it's confirmed elsewhere.

EDIT: And it does indeed appear to have been confirmed elsewhere. It is indeed a bummer, I was looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 09-13-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Marvel needs to reach out to Chelsea Cain immediately and see if they can get another project to work, imo. The repercussions aren't just missing out on this book, it undermines the idea that Marvel is interested in making award winning books. That being said, I'm a sucker for continuity, so I get the concern. But is there no way to just set it in the past or something before whatever Champions does that messes it up?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It's kind of a bummer, really. I was looking forward to this, eventhough it wasn't clear if the mini was more about Vision (which would have interested me a lot) or Viv (which I don't care for). On the other hand, the fact that Marvel seems interested in keeping some continuity intact is encouraging.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Bummer. Tom King's series was such a fantastic story, and I was hoping this might've been a solid follow-up.

Oh well.

-Pav, who isn't really interested in Champions...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel needs to reach out to Chelsea Cain immediately and see if they can get another project to work, imo. The repercussions aren't just missing out on this book, it undermines the idea that Marvel is interested in making award winning books. That being said, I'm a sucker for continuity, so I get the concern. But is there no way to just set it in the past or something before whatever Champions does that messes it up?
    It wouldn't be the first time they've done that which makes me all the more curious why the continuity issue was so major that they outright shelved the book.