Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That's how random hookups work LOL

Gay or straight.
    He thinks one night stands need weeks worth of build up

Iceman and Pyro was a bit meh because the character of Pyro is meh. However, many people have randomly hooked up with someone they've no interest in sharing a relationship with. Also, Bobby's literally just come out so he's exploring his options. Let the man play the field, I say.

Besides, we probably won't see Pyro again (at least not for awhile unless Guggenheim brings him back). He was kind of a pointless addition to a team that already had the much more interest Magma supporting them. Yet, as usual, Magma was a mind-boggled victim and not much else. I really wish someone would write her properly.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That's how random hookups work LOL

Gay or straight.
    People brought this up when X-Men Gold #32 came out too.

It's like "Damn, y'all don't f**k?"

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I dumped this comic faster than Kurt can say any misspelled German non-sense...and I am super happy I did. What a train-wreck of a comicbook run that was...

Austen
    Guggenheim
    Bendis

The triumvirate of terrible writing!

who's with me on that?
    Replace Bendis (I liked his stuff overall, even with the non-ending) with Lemire, add Aaron and push Guggenheim to number 4 because I can't keep the suck to just three writers.

As for this preview, ugh. Just glad this sucker's done. Put out the book and then forget this series ever existed. It'd be one thing if this run was memorably bad, but it was freaking bad AND boring. That's a cardinal sin, in my book. Say what you will about Austen, but it was memorable. Terrible, but memorable. Also, I liked Sammy Pare: come at me.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Terrible but memorable. Hahah. That's definitely true. This was the man that had Paige and Warren having sex in the sky above her family home whilst her mom and siblings were on the lawn. Austen's choices weren't always horrible but on the whole, they definitely left a bad taste.

Are we even comparing this run, or even Bendis' run, to He Who Shall Not Be Named (even though he's being named here o_O). I know this run is bad, but c'mon. It's got nothing on 2001-2004 UXM.

Astonishing Member

Who else thinks not pyro will die in uncanny ? Also hoping for kitty to join him, just keep her out of comics until the memory of gold fades away

"nu Pyro is sexy"

lol white gays really do just have to exist to get praise. 'Cause that's all you can really say about nu Pyro, he exists...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    "nu Pyro is sexy"

lol white gays really do just have to exist to get praise. 'Cause that's all you can really say about nu Pyro, he exists...
    omg seriously.

"nu Pyro is sexy"

Ha ha I. Know. RIGHT lol.

Eyeboy is the straight boy version of this

BANNED

"nu Pyro is sexy"

You don't have to qualify it. Honestly. ANY character with a panel on the page suddenly has a fanbase and outrage of faux "injustice" if they get killed off

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Guggs should have used Sunfire instead. NuPyro was the definition of bland.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Guggs should have used Sunfire instead. NuPyro was the definition of bland.
    LOL as if bringing in another character is going to make the writing any better LOL

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Better to piss off the 2 fans of NuPyro rather than the 6 fans of Sunfire.

Fantastic Member

Huh, i’m surprised there isn’t more talk about this final issue. It’s probably one of the best of the entire series.

It shows kitty as flawed but for the “right” reasons but also showed her as a competent and empathetic leader. The only part that didn’t really work imo was showing her calling Piotr—because she should be saying very different things if she’s going to do so.

Overall was not a bad issue at all imo and I actually liked it. It’s a shame not all the issues were so grounded and focused upon the various characters like this because it would have been a lot better if it was. Still, not bad at all.

It’s really a shame people will probably remember gold for it’s awful (but artistically beautiful) wedding switcheroo issue rather than anything that happened in 36.