Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
It's not about simply replacing the battery. The system has to be connected online after the battery is replaced. Once the servers go down, when the CMOS battery dies (and it will, they all do eventually), your system is a brick even if you replace it.
I mean, there are workarounds, but Sony probably doesn't want to incentivize them since the entire reason that the Vita had its extremely unpopular proprietary memory cards was to prevent (or rather, delay) exactly those type of workarounds.

Now that the store is at least somewhat secure (though I wish that they brought back the previous version of the PC PSN store, at least for the Vita and PS3 since the console versions of those stores suuuuck and the new PC PSN Store sucks just as much, in different ways; who the hell thought that it was a good idea to not give you the chance to organize the Sales lists by at least name or genre, and why aren't they showing screenshots/video or lists of DLC in the individual games' pages?), I can go back to being pissed off about how they handled Studio JAPAN, which has consistently been putting out some of the best games of every generation it was active in.