Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Sony Playstation: Everything Sony

Since well we already have a Nintendo thread , one missing is for the #1 selling company right now and its Sony. The PS4 vs X-Box thread is ok for what it is as Sony buried the X-Box One pretty quick. But the company overall has rode a hot streak since 2013 and continues that roll. A roll so big that this past year they released 2 big single player games "God of War" and "Spider-Man" off the bat.

The success of Spider-Man and God of War has led people to mock EA who have kept insisting that single player driven games are dying and can't survive in a multiplayer world. They even cancelled and closed a studio that was working on a single player story game from a respected creator last year to float this. People are hoping Disney is watching what has happened and yank the license from EA and give it to Sony or another developer since the 2 games that have came out are selling huge right now.

Whether that happens or not , we shall see. But according to sales figures Spider-Man launched better in Japan than God of War did ! So its off to the races already.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Guess I should just stick this little old thing here then...

I am concerned that they don’t say what the full game roster is here, but FF7 and Tekken 3 are great additions. Hoping for Ape Escape and Metal Gear Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

I am concerned that they don’t say what the full game roster is here, but FF7 and Tekken 3 are great additions. Hoping for Ape Escape and Metal Gear Solid.

People have wondered when Sony would possibly do this at some point . I have to wonder if Resident Evil and another RPG will be added.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People have wondered when Sony would possibly do this at some point . I have to wonder if Resident Evil and another RPG will be added.
    I think if I was going to guess I would imagine Resident Evil 2 would be picked since it makes a nice counter to the upcoming remake and seems to often be considered the best of the classic games. I think if there's space that FF8 would be well received since you would have both core PS1 FF games (sorry FF9 fans) unless they opt for Vagrant Story or Chrono Cross instead. I also think Capcom would want to include a fighter - if Marvel were on board the original MVC and the 2000 Spider-Man game would be fantastic additions. Dino Crisis 1 or 2 as well? I am expecting that Parappa the Rapper, Abe's Odyseese and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver would be included since I can't imagine their absence frankly... Tenchu, Silent Hill or Tomb Raider as well? Whilst they have been remastered I suspect that Crash and Spyro will be under consideration.

Not sure what chance we will have but a list I’d like to see included is.

Spider man
    Resident evil 2
    Dino crisis
    Tenchu
    Silent hill
    Metal gear solid
    Abe’s oddysee
    Red alert

GoW ps4 is what got me back into console video games.

That game is ... oh lawd. Had my attention from start to finish
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I am expecting at least one Crash Bandicoot game on the Sony Classic. Probably Crash Team Racing.

Other guesses: Wipeout, Parappa The Rapper,
    Spyro, Silent Hill, Twisted Metal, Legacy of Kain,
    either Street Fighter Alpha 1 or 2 but not both...

I wanna say Metal Gear Solid but that's been rereleased
    a bunch already.

But then again, so has the Alpha series.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    GoW ps4 is what got me back into console video games.

That game is ... oh lawd. Had my attention from start to finish

I have the 3 GOW games and need to play them before i move onto the 4th one. But yeah I heard good things. Comically as I posted in 1 Sony thread , there was a reason Sony is beating Microsoft's ass hard this generation.

A Sony executive was invited to play the game back last winter and was not happy with controls as the studio was working on it. He left not pleased but they invited him back a couple months later and he was stunned at how they fixed and did more work to it. He walked away happy with that 2nd play attempt of it and praised the team.

Now if this was Microsoft here is how this plays out. The executive goes and claims how shitty the game is due to controls and decides to cancel the game and close the studio comically. That is what Microsoft does. Sony however had a hands off policy and allowed the studio to work and fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The success of Spider-Man and God of War has led people to mock EA who have kept insisting that single player driven games are dying and can't survive in a multiplayer world. They even cancelled and closed a studio that was working on a single player story game from a respected creator last year to float this. People are hoping Disney is watching what has happened and yank the license from EA and give it to Sony or another developer since the 2 games that have came out are selling huge right now.

Whether that happens or not , we shall see. But according to sales figures Spider-Man launched better in Japan than God of War did ! So its off to the races already.
    That's great to hear since I'm mostly a single player. Even games with weak single player I find easy to avoid.

Ah Sony, i owned at some point or another all of their consoles save for the Vita and the pro version of the PS4. (i don't like the concept of that machine anyway, that's pretty much a F U to people owning a regular PS4)

Haven't bought Spider-man yet but i plan too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ape Escape won't be possible as the controllers for the classic ain't Dual Shocks. The analog sticks are necessary for Ape Escape.

So .... PS5 for Xmas 2020?

PS1 = 1995
    PS2 = 2001
    PS3 = 2006
    PS4 = 2013
    PS5 = 2020

Seems about right ...

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So .... PS5 for Xmas 2020?

PS1 = 1995
    PS2 = 2001
    PS3 = 2006
    PS4 = 2013
    PS5 = 2020

Seems about right ...
    That seems the popular belief now. Also the fact that Sony its claimed has started sending dev kits of PS5 to studios to start working on the next generation of games.

Full roster of games. Gotta say there’s a lot of logical absences here. Would have been better if they added another ten games and th DualShock controllers (so Apple Escape and easier movements for most other stuff) and charged a little more.

Full roster of games. Gotta say there’s a lot of logical absences here. Would have been better if they added another ten games and th DualShock controllers (so Apple Escape and easier movements for most other stuff) and charged a little more.
    Not even ONE Crash game? No sale for me ... that's kinda like NES not having Mario. But there's Twisted Metal and Syphon Filter (I played 2 more but still a great game). Long range taser FTW.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-29-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium