Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They advertise the games like its normal on Facebook and 90% of the responses are just pissed off people angry at not having systems at this point. Were a year in and the company can't do simple direct ordering and its a joke.
    They do if you buy directly from them. It's how I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It feels weird getting email marketing about PS5 games, like it’s a normal console that you can buy in shops. I’ve literally never even seen one in the flesh.
    LOL...My local Best Buy had at least 40 behind the registers a couple of weeks ago. With that said, should they not advertise bc its hard to find? That wouldnt make sense as not only are there millions sold but most PS5 games are also on PS4 so its not costing any extra in marketing

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They do if you buy directly from them. It's how I got mine.
    People have been pushing that Sony let retailers take orders and they fill orders more or less. To combat the scalpers online.It would be the old JCPenny model where you'd order something and wait for weeks/months to get things. They have refused to do this a year in because they love that scalper bot money.

In fact comically Wal-Mart had a drop today or yesterday....and it too was filled with scalper bots who had site break. As this video details it again was a terrible fail. Sony knows this , they know its been a year of bullshit online and don't care.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

People have been pushing that Sony let retailers take orders and they fill orders more or less. To combat the scalpers online.It would be the old JCPenny model where you'd order something and wait for weeks/months to get things. They have refused to do this a year in because they love that scalper bot money.

In fact comically Wal-Mart had a drop today or yesterday....and it too was filled with scalper bots who had site break. As this video details it again was a terrible fail. Sony knows this , they know its been a year of bullshit online and don't care.

Retailers themselves have done a poor job in combating the bots. Best Buy tried to pay wall being able to buy a PS5 behind their $200 service. Walmart announcing drops makes so scalpers can get ready to.

JFC, has is it even possible for someone to talk that much and yet say so little?

Walmart is doing another PS5 drop today at 3PM ET
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Play...mpaign_id=9383

It was a bad 2+ weeks for Sony. From an Executive being fired for a situation which I can't discuss here (google folks) and the news hit Sony didn't have a good Black Friday sales deal and came in 2nd behind Microsoft. A fact many have said the company not releasing in store finally had the effect of people moving onto another game system. Which was bound to happen as the company has spent a year appeasing scalpers online.

Sony is now scrambling and is launching their own version of Game Pass on the PS4/PS5 game systems. Called Scorpion the service will now combine Playstation Plus and Playstation Now together in 2022. It will come in 3 payable tiers with one big tier allowing you to play PSP , PS1 , PS2 and PS3 games as well. (Its likely why they are now looking to add trophy support to older games now) .

Of course a big solution would be to push for in store releases and curb the online situations were seeing play out. But its been months and Sony never learned its lesson and likely will really spend a couple years falling way behind X-Box now. (Its easier to get an X-Box right now)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Bought and install a WD SN850 1TB NVEM M.2 Gen 4 SSD in my PS5.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It was a bad 2+ weeks for Sony. From an Executive being fired for a situation which I can't discuss here (google folks) and the news hit Sony didn't have a good Black Friday sales deal and came in 2nd behind Microsoft. A fact many have said the company not releasing in store finally had the effect of people moving onto another game system. Which was bound to happen as the company has spent a year appeasing scalpers online.

Sony is now scrambling and is launching their own version of Game Pass on the PS4/PS5 game systems. Called Scorpion the service will now combine Playstation Plus and Playstation Now together in 2022. It will come in 3 payable tiers with one big tier allowing you to play PSP , PS1 , PS2 and PS3 games as well. (Its likely why they are now looking to add trophy support to older games now) .

Of course a big solution would be to push for in store releases and curb the online situations were seeing play out. But its been months and Sony never learned its lesson and likely will really spend a couple years falling way behind X-Box now. (Its easier to get an X-Box right now)
    I don't see Xbox taking the lead. Even though game pass is the best deal in gaming right now there still isn't any games that warrant buying a Series X for. It just got it's killer app in Halo Infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see Xbox taking the lead. Even though game pass is the best deal in gaming right now there still isn't any games that warrant buying a Series X for. It just got it's killer app in Halo Infinite.
    Well right now that system is easier to get and consumers can grow tired of one company not getting their act together. Its true the current Xbox doesn't have a lot of exclusives right now.

But its a...we can get this game system right now situation. Game pass is powering the system sales wise for now...til the exclusives come.

Sony really needs to sit and push getting PS5s into retailers hands. To cut scalpers out clearly and if its doing direct orders...they should do it.

Eh Sony is selling everything they send out. Getting outsold on Black Friday just means they didn't have as much supply for the Holiday. Right now they've sold about 13 million PS5s compared to 8 million Xbox (mostly series S too)

Upgrading a PS5 with a internal M.2 Nvem gen 4 SSD is quite easy, and not hard.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Eh Sony is selling everything they send out. Getting outsold on Black Friday just means they didn't have as much supply for the Holiday. Right now they've sold about 13 million PS5s compared to 8 million Xbox (mostly series S too)
    How are their relative attach rates doing though? Console sales are nothing without the games.

How are their relative attach rates doing though? Console sales are nothing without the games.
    Someone a couple months ago brought up that Sony had sales of like 7-9 million units sold. But ONLY HALF were active PS5's due to the massive hoarding by scalpers. So a lot are sitting at places for greed reselling.

Someone a couple months ago brought up that Sony had sales of like 7-9 million units sold. But ONLY HALF were active PS5's due to the massive hoarding by scalpers. So a lot are sitting at places for greed reselling.
    They have close to 13 million sold and the estimation was at most 1 million were with scalpers. More than that would make zero sense. All consoles bought by scalpers ultimately end up with consumers or else they wouldn’t been scalping the consoles lol. In the end they are trying to make a profit so they’re not going to keep spending 500 bucks on PS5s if they aren’t able to flip to customers later on. Scalpers are trying to make money. They’re not buying Ps5s to keep them in a warehouse. If that was the case, they would have stopped buying them months ago

They said they’ve sold more software and made more revenue (not shocking since there are more free to play games now) than they did in the first year of the PS4. Exact numbers is probably in the financial reports I’m too lazy to pull up