Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

For right now the PlayStation 5 can only do 12 bit 4:2:2 YUV HDR at 120hz from it's HDMI 2.1 port using a ultra high speed HDMI cable. It can only do 12 bit 4:4:4 HDR at 60hz with it's port using a ultra high speed HDMI cable.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Scalping is becoming more and more an issue in the technology market and gaming in particular, the fact that a number of the limited presales are now on ebay going for well over twice retail and reports of some as high as 10,000$ is infuriating and I can only hope no one's dumb enough to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Scalping is becoming more and more an issue in the technology market and gaming in particular, the fact that a number of the limited presales are now on ebay going for well over twice retail and reports of some as high as 10,000$ is infuriating and I can only hope no one's dumb enough to buy them.
    Why does someone have to be dumb to buy it? If you really want it and can afford it, then do you

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does someone have to be dumb to buy it? If you really want it and can afford it, then do you
    Well, they're just encouraging scalpers to buy more release consoles just to flip them then, aren't they. Arguably this is more the fault of the manufacturer for releasing with such limited availability, and people who buy on release are already kind of crazy because there are no games and some bit of rubber will probably wear out after a couple of years and make the console eject the disc and beep constantly or whatever. And then the slimline will release that's half the size, silent, and covered with white chamois leather.

Man, 80 euros for Demon's souls. (Amazon)

Ouch. Prices are also next gen it seems lol.

This is getting a bit ridiculous really.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because it is price gouging and it is illegal in most places

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Well, they're just encouraging scalpers to buy more release consoles just to flip them then, aren't they. Arguably this is more the fault of the manufacturer for releasing with such limited availability, and people who buy on release are already kind of crazy because there are no games and some bit of rubber will probably wear out after a couple of years and make the console eject the disc and beep constantly or whatever. And then the slimline will release that's half the size, silent, and covered with white chamois leather.
    thats not the buyer's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Because it is price gouging and it is illegal in most places
    what does that have to do with a person being dumb for buying the console?

dumb was probably the wrong word, short sighted would be the better one, as it actively encourages the continuing of this black market that's currently infesting the tech industry. And price gouging, which in addition to being outright illegal in most places as said, is a scummy practice in general

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A a lot of people (A LOT) are growing more and more angry at Sony's insane online only sales to retailers for the last few weeks as each time the sales by 90% are ending up in scalpers hands as bots are bidding and taking within minutes huge numbers of PS5 orders. People have complained to Sony to release the machines to retailers but thus far they are doing this still.

Me and a guy at one retailer joked how stupid this is getting and all its doing is alienating the customer base to where a number of people likely will say the hell with getting a new console as time passes. That Target , Best Buy etc will announce in store sales and each time they are pushed to online only where its failing for a lot of people repeatedly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Honestly considering all the madness, the insane prices and all i'm just going to wait for mid 2021 before buying a ps5.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I will just be waiting until there’s a bundle with Horizon 2 next year myself. Hopefully with Miles Morales included.

I've come to accept that I just won't be getting one for awhile. When Walmart did their release I actually managed to get a PS5 in the cart three times, even got close to paying for it once, before the site crapped. Best Buy sold out off their entire stock and returns while I was at work and no Target within a 50 mile radius have any. My last hope was Amazon but I've been monitoring the site and it's been saying unavailable for the longest. Of course I popped over to eBay and saw the outrageous prices people are asking. Now I've been scalped before buying Gunpla and action figures, usually with a $40-$80 price increase, but I refuse to give some scumbag $1000 dollars. It's sad that my copy of Miles Morales will remain uplayed but I'm going to suck it up and buy the PS4 version.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So today Sony repeated its same deal the last few weeks where people have told them to just fucking release the console to retailers and let people go get them. To actually wait a few weeks , build a big supply and ship them to stores for people. Instead what has happened was they again did online only and reports are within a couple minutes scalpers and bots snagged more.

Yes Covid is an issue but can be managed with well placed lines and more to make it work. This what they are doing is becoming a complete failure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Honestly considering all the madness, the insane prices and all i'm just going to wait for mid 2021 before buying a ps5.
    Yea I'm waiting for God of War Ragnarok. So I'll buy one next holiday if the game isn't delayed

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So today Sony repeated its same deal the last few weeks where people have told them to just fucking release the console to retailers and let people go get them. To actually wait a few weeks , build a big supply and ship them to stores for people. Instead what has happened was they again did online only and reports are within a couple minutes scalpers and bots snagged more.

Yes Covid is an issue but can be managed with well placed lines and more to make it work. This what they are doing is becoming a complete failure.
    Sony are such masters of self-sabotage it's actually incredible that they've managed such a good recent track record for exclusives from their own studios.