Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Honestly, at this point there is no game i really, really want to buy yet on PS5 so i can wait. Plus, you know the old wisdom, don't buy from the first batch of a new machine.

But i will buy one for sure. I'm kinda of a Sony guy.

Wish they would make them less ugly though. I mean, save for the first one the playstations have kinda of an ugly design imo.
    A lot are waiting on the special edition consoles that will come with God of War , Batman etc. So we know those are coming in 2021 so yeah , we can wait and by this point a lot of bugs and more will be fixed on those edition of PS5's. With issues of storage etc , many are saying wait. Sure it sucks to miss out on a launch as many have. But why fight scalpers and all until Sony gets its act together in 2021.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The latest thing in the UK is that Amazon staff have been nicking PS5s in transit, switching them out for bags of rice, George Foreman grills, etc. Also read about scalpers going to meets to sell their wares at extortionate mark-ups and instead getting mugged by proper criminals. Is it good or bad publicity if your new toy turns society into Mad Max?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

From the BBC...

Several users reported seeing their delivery drivers pause outside their homes for a brief moment before driving way - and getting a notification from Amazon that their item had been "delivered".
    If that’s true these people are awful human beings. Hoping that Amazon fires them because it’s going to shake people’s confidence in buying from them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The latest thing in the UK is that Amazon staff have been nicking PS5s in transit, switching them out for bags of rice, George Foreman grills, etc. Also read about scalpers going to meets to sell their wares at extortionate mark-ups and instead getting mugged by proper criminals. Is it good or bad publicity if your new toy turns society into Mad Max?
    I have heard about this and in videos people have filmed themselves opening the box to discover....cat food. That people are taking these machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    From the BBC...

If that’s true these people are awful human beings. Hoping that Amazon fires them because it’s going to shake people’s confidence in buying from them in the future.
    Amazon should be able to know who are taking these if they are delivery drivers and have things in place to know whats happening. The idiots willing to lose their jobs as delivery drivers to steal PS5's have to question ...is it worth getting in trouble for and losing a good job ? Because you can get a PS5 later.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Made my PS5 game list (Cyberpunk will be a free update when I pick it up next month so these are the rest.)

• Assassins Creed: Valhalla
    • Watch Dogs: Legion
    • Immortals: Fenyx Rising
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
    • Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
    • Far Cry 6
    • Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Horizon: Forbidden West
    • Demon’s Souls
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • The Pathless
    • Hogwarts Legacy
    • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
    • Deathloop
    • Returnal
    • Starfield
    • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    • Control
    • Gotham Knights
    • Suicide Squad
    • The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 are dependent on if they get next gen versions any time soon. Otherwise I will be starting to limit my PS4 buys now as I work towards getting the PS5 fall of next year, probably when Horizon 2 gets released if there's a bundle with the console.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 are dependent on if they get next gen versions any time soon. Otherwise I will be starting to limit my PS4 buys now as I work towards getting the PS5 fall of next year, probably when Horizon 2 gets released if there's a bundle with the console.
    I hope you reconsidered getting Ghosts bc I did and it looks stunning on the PS5. They released a patch and the frame rate and resolution look and run better than the PS4 Pro

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...a-ps5-upgrade/

finally got a Playstation 5 order in(Walmart), glad I don't have to deal with new console crap again for at least half a decade, anyone else impatient enough to deal with the(probably completely unnecessary) headache of competing with bots and websites not designed to handle it I recommend this guy
    https://twitter.com/Jake_Randall_YT
    also makes youtube video on exactly how to handle the various websites for the different companies, cause getting one isn't straight foward
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...h3oY1K_8C3J7fQ
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-18-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I managed to get a PS5 last week from PS Direct. They have the best system in place for getting a PS5. It's a shame they don't do drops regularly.

Amazon also has a massive restock that could drop any day now, about 46,000 units, was supposed to drop today at 10AM est but they pulled a last second delay on it, but that and other regular restocks from Best Buy and others over the last few weeks suggest supply may finally be starting to ramp up to match demand, possibility that soon scalpers could be left with systems they either have to sell at cost or even at a loss warms my heart.

I'd kind of forgotten the new generation was a thing. Seems only the scalpers have these in their spare rooms, as no-one seems to be talking about them.

Is there an option to swap the X and O buttons back the right way around in menu screens yet?

Decided not to get a PS5. Sony done fucked up enough with their ways and won't get my money. Possibly the entire generation. Had they released systems into retailers with guidelines for months I'd have done it. Instead this wacky horse **** with scalpers showed me not to care. So I don't care if I get a system or not.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Decided not to get a PS5. Sony done fucked up enough with their ways and won't get my money. Possibly the entire generation. Had they released systems into retailers with guidelines for months I'd have done it. Instead this wacky horse **** with scalpers showed me not to care. So I don't care if I get a system or not.
    It's not Sony's job to tell retailers how to sell the product. Each individual retailer needs to put their own protections in place. I got my PS5 straight from Sony and they had the system to fight against the scalper bots.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Decided not to get a PS5 or dont have the option to and have given up trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not Sony's job to tell retailers how to sell the product. Each individual retailer needs to put their own protections in place. I got my PS5 straight from Sony and they had the system to fight against the scalper bots.
    Sony has the power to push for social distancing and lines to be made to sell systems. People spent months telling them to set up ordering system at retailers to take orders and fill them to beat scalpers as well. Both suggestions didn't happen. Its too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Decided not to get a PS5 or dont have the option to and have given up trying?
    I actually tried 4 times from December to February to order online. Each time saw the screen freeze or the cart not load due to scalper bots. After the last time I was like....**** this garbage. I'm not paying scalper price and will be fine playing PS3 and PS4 a long while.