Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I'm not a fan of how the launches for the new systems have been either but Sony very much has zero authority or power to dictate how private retailers sell their products, Best Buy, Game Stop, Target, etc were the ones who made the decision to not have any in person sales, and how their websites worked. Scalpers are a problem in the entire tech industry, PC graphic cards were undergoing the same issue months before the new consoles were launched, the real issue is that the bots they're using are simply ahead of security measures against them across the board. The pandemic lockdowns have further exacerbated the issue by removing in person purchases entirely. The good news is that supply has picked up, and lockdowns across the world are starting to ease up so hopefully the end is in sight. Honestly if you're not willing to put up with the headache of competing for these things then quite simply just wait, there aren't enough games out yet for it to even be an issue anyway

edit: It feels like we go through this every cycle too, remember when the Nintendo switch came out? They were dealing with the exact same shortages for months, and that was with in store purchases
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-22-2021 at 06:25 PM.

There's a know Wifi 6 bug with Playstation 5. apparently PS5 doesn't played friendly with Wifi 6. Speeds are slower in AX 5GHZ then AC 5GHX, which shouldn't be the case. Of course it's recommend to use Lan anyways if one can.

There's also a external Hardrive bug, which i don't think has been fix yet. So it's best avoiding using a External Hardrive with PS5 for PS4 games.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well with Sony removing the PS3 , PSP and PS Vita stores it seems Sony could be looking at adding backwards compatibility to the PS5 to play PS1-PS3 games. As the company filed a patent to add trophies and mentioned emulation to PS1 through PS3 games. So the system could be looking at what Microsoft has been doing and could be going with that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I'm not really a PS guy but I didn't wanna start a similar thread about Xbox.

I've never really tried to actually buy a Series X, but I did look into it the other day. Apparently these consoles are preferred to Ultimate Access customers, and then only available via a credit line with one specific vendor, which means you need to apply for, and get, a line of credit with that vendor. The option of paying without a line of credit is not an option.

I admit I haven't looked at this terribly closely and I might be misunderstanding something, but this seems like a colossal scam far beyond anything going on with PS5.

what am I missing here?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well with Sony removing the PS3 , PSP and PS Vita stores it seems Sony could be looking at adding backwards compatibility to the PS5 to play PS1-PS3 games. As the company filed a patent to add trophies and mentioned emulation to PS1 through PS3 games. So the system could be looking at what Microsoft has been doing and could be going with that.
    This doesn't make a sense. You don't close down stores to add something.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Does anyone know what this game I am thinking of is called? It was on PS3 and was basically Singstar but for movie and tv clips with you being able to use the camera to appear in the scenes and either act out the script or ad-lib depending on what mode you were playing. They had movies like Wizard of Oz, Rocky, Terminator, Blues Brothers, 300 and several Adam Sandler movies plus some TV stuff like Star Trek: Next Generation. With What The Dub? recently announced it made me remember this.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This doesn't make a sense. You don't close down stores to add something.
    A lot of those games will be disappearing for good. Its possible its some attempt to get people to buy the older games or add them through PS Now. But the patent that was mentioned is this one....

https://www.laptopmag.com/news/ps5-p...lity-is-coming
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A lot of those games will be disappearing for good. Its possible its some attempt to get people to buy the older games or add them through PS Now. But the patent that was mentioned is this one....

https://www.laptopmag.com/news/ps5-p...lity-is-coming
    The PS3 store was already selling old games. If they really wanted to sell them they would united the stores not shut them down. That's what Xbox did.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The PS3 store was already selling old games. If they really wanted to sell them they would united the stores not shut them down. That's what Xbox did.
    Sony's online infrastructure is obviously different than XBOX. You cant look at what MS did and think its a viable solution for Sony. Look at how long and complicated the solution to gamer names took. Sony made some unwise technical decisions when it came to building out their online network back in the PS3 dsays that didnt future proof them. Its likely too much of a hassle to try and integrate the old store with the existing one and probably not worth it since it supports systems where they arent making much money anymore. We'll have to wait and see if they have a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sony's online infrastructure is obviously different than XBOX. You cant look at what MS did and think its a viable solution for Sony. Look at how long and complicated the solution to gamer names took. Sony made some unwise technical decisions when it came to building out their online network back in the PS3 dsays that didnt future proof them. Its likely too much of a hassle to try and integrate the old store with the existing one and probably not worth it since it supports systems where they arent making much money anymore. We'll have to wait and see if they have a solution
    It wasn't for easy for Xbox neither. Xbox getting it's infrastructure to work the way it is now took a lot of work and man power especially for how seamless everything works. For Microsoft they were willing to put in that work since their business model is shifting to an ecosystem while Sony is maintaining a traditional one.

I can understand if Sony has trouble getting the PS3 stuff working as cell processor made the PS3 an unique piece of tech. PS1 and PS2 shouldn't be an issue as they proven how easy it is to emulate. PS5 should be able to handle PSP.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...es-it-was/amp/

. It's the 20th anniversary guys. It would've been great to have something new. Atleast a remake of the Last Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...es-it-was/amp/

. It's the 20th anniversary guys. It would've been great to have something new. Atleast a remake of the Last Frontier.
    I dont know why people want ND to remake Jak and Daxter so bad. The game came out 20 years and the ND that made that isnt the same ND that exists today. The game would be in better hands of a studio like Bluepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know why people want ND to remake Jak and Daxter so bad. The game came out 20 years and the ND that made that isnt the same ND that exists today. The game would be in better hands of a studio like Bluepoint.
    They are the ones who created it and in most cases fans prefer the original creators come back. Sly Cooper fans are the same way with Sucker Punch.

Jak's an open world and ND cut their storytelling teeth on Jak. It's literally the Precursor to Uncharted and Last of us.

I'm open to a different developer making a game or remaking it FF7R style. Another Remaster isn't interesting without something new.

It's easy goodwill for Sony....
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-13-2021 at 09:33 AM.

They are the ones who created it and in most cases fans prefer the original creators come back.
    Eh, Evan Wells hasn't really been a dev since 2004 and has been an executive since and I think Mark Cerny is more a producer and/or consultant nowadays

They are the ones who created it and in most cases fans prefer the original creators come back. Sly Cooper fans are the same way with Sucker Punch.

Jak's an open world and ND cut their storytelling teeth on Jak. It's literally the Precursor to Uncharted and Last of us.

I'm open to a different developer making a game or remaking it FF7R style. Another Remaster isn't interesting without something new.

It's easy goodwill for Sony....
    but again it was 20 years ago and theres been a bit of turnover at ND since then. Its not the same studio that made Jak. The heads of the studio arent even the same. ND making the game would really only be about lending their name

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Eh, Evan Wells hasn't really been a dev since 2004 and has been an executive since and I think Mark Cerny is more a producer and/or consultant nowadays
    And the creators Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin left ND back in 2004 after the 3rd game
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-13-2021 at 09:58 AM.