Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's not about simply replacing the battery. The system has to be connected online after the battery is replaced. Once the servers go down, when the CMOS battery dies (and it will, they all do eventually), your system is a brick even if you replace it.
    I mean, there are workarounds, but Sony probably doesn't want to incentivize them since the entire reason that the Vita had its extremely unpopular proprietary memory cards was to prevent (or rather, delay) exactly those type of workarounds.

Now that the store is at least somewhat secure (though I wish that they brought back the previous version of the PC PSN store, at least for the Vita and PS3 since the console versions of those stores suuuuck and the new PC PSN Store sucks just as much, in different ways; who the hell thought that it was a good idea to not give you the chance to organize the Sales lists by at least name or genre, and why aren't they showing screenshots/video or lists of DLC in the individual games' pages?), I can go back to being pissed off about how they handled Studio JAPAN, which has consistently been putting out some of the best games of every generation it was active in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, there are workarounds, but Sony probably doesn't want to incentivize them since the entire reason that the Vita had its extremely unpopular proprietary memory cards was to prevent (or rather, delay) exactly those type of workarounds.
    They could fix it with a patch, but considering the same issue is on the PS5, it seems like this isn't really a priority for them. The only other option is to hack your console, which is nonsense. You shouldn't have to hack your console just to make it do it's basic core function.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

it can be fixed with a firmware update, the reason it probably isn't a huge priority is because the CMOS battery lasts for 10-20 years before it starts wearing out

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    it can be fixed with a firmware update, the reason it probably isn't a huge priority is because the CMOS battery lasts for 10-20 years before it starts wearing out
    10 years for the PS4 will be 2023. That's not that far off. And if you go off what they were doing with the PS3 before reversing the decision, it was 15 years after the launch of the PS3 when they started shutting down online functionality. That would be 2028 with the PS4. These things are coming up sooner than you think.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So basically a couple days ago Sony revealed they may not have PS5's mass produced on retail atore shelves until 2023. This launch has to be the worst in history.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So basically a couple days ago Sony revealed they may not have PS5's mass produced on retail atore shelves until 2023. This launch has to be the worst in history.
    Maybe they should reach out to the scalpers and make them official Sony retail partners.

I'm not saying this is all because it makes absolutely no sense to call a product a "digital edition" because it doesn't have a drive that can read digital optical discs, but I'm going to take it as a win for common sense anyway.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 05-10-2021 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Maybe they should reach out to the scalpers and make them official Sony retail partners.

I'm not saying this is all because it makes absolutely no sense to call a product a "digital edition" because it doesn't have a drive that can read digital optical discs, but I'm going to take it as a win for common sense anyway.
    Its been said scalpers have had more inventory than actual retailers. Its became a joke for the company at this stage. For months people have pushed Sony to start direct ordering from retailers (think of the old JCPenny model where you could order something from store and wait on it to come in). Sony refuses to do it and were in this situation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Epic vs Apple trial revealed that Sony charges developers for enabling crossplay on PS4. No wonder more games don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Epic vs Apple trial revealed that Sony charges developers for enabling crossplay on PS4. No wonder more games don't have it.
    All that mess, just to ensure that Sony got kickback. Should call it the Sony Poorstation.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    All that mess, just to ensure that Sony got kickback. Should call it the Sony Poorstation.
    They are far from poor when they sell as much as they do and found a way to profit even more

All-New Member King Saturn Reborn's Avatar

Sony Playstation 2 was such an Amazing Game System. Still remember the awesome memories from when GTA Vice City came out.

did a cable test on my new Denon 3700h to test the cable that came with my Ps5 and my ECHOGEAR 8ft Braided HDMI Cable. Both passed through 40Gbs for 8k.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

It feels weird getting email marketing about PS5 games, like it’s a normal console that you can buy in shops. I’ve literally never even seen one in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It feels weird getting email marketing about PS5 games, like it’s a normal console that you can buy in shops. I’ve literally never even seen one in the flesh.
    They advertise the games like its normal on Facebook and 90% of the responses are just pissed off people angry at not having systems at this point. Were a year in and the company can't do simple direct ordering and its a joke.