Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    They have close to 13 million sold and the estimation was at most 1 million were with scalpers. More than that would make zero sense. All consoles bought by scalpers ultimately end up with consumers or else they wouldn’t been scalping the consoles lol. In the end they are trying to make a profit so they’re not going to keep spending 500 bucks on PS5s if they aren’t able to flip to customers later on. Scalpers are trying to make money. They’re not buying Ps5s to keep them in a warehouse. If that was the case, they would have stopped buying them months ago

They said they’ve sold more software and made more revenue (not shocking since there are more free to play games now) than they did in the first year of the PS4. Exact numbers is probably in the financial reports I’m too lazy to pull up

Sorry , but not every person wanting a PS5 is gonna go to scalpers to pay double or triple to get a console. Sure some will pay the price to get one. A number of scalpers once Sony gets off its ass and realizes this is a major problem will do a solution (its why they are doing the merging of PS Plus and Now. They realize that X-Box is gaining on them now...and trying this move due to Game Pass)

But with Sony's lead at 4-5+ million consoles and shrinking due to supply and demand issues , It wouldn't shock me that many are like F-CK this and not willing to pay that price.

Just because a Scalpers load up hoarding wise with PS5's doesn't mean all of them are moving as fast. A number if Sony ever gets its act together will suddenly be throwing them on e-bay at a loss (which they deserve).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sorry , but not every person wanting a PS5 is gonna go to scalpers to pay double or triple to get a console. Sure some will pay the price to get one. A number of scalpers once Sony gets off its ass and realizes this is a major problem will do a solution (its why they are doing the merging of PS Plus and Now. They realize that X-Box is gaining on them now...and trying this move due to Game Pass)

But with Sony's lead at 4-5+ million consoles and shrinking due to supply and demand issues , It wouldn't shock me that many are like F-CK this and not willing to pay that price.

Just because a Scalpers load up hoarding wise with PS5's doesn't mean all of them are moving as fast. A number if Sony ever gets its act together will suddenly be throwing them on e-bay at a loss (which they deserve).
    First, you're overestimating the amount of scalpers who are buying PS5s. It is nowhere near as many as you think. It's basically 1 million at the highest estimate since most of the consoles are being bought by the millions who are trying to get PS5s. And you're ignoring that Xboxs are getting scalped as well. Not as many because there isn't as much demand but they are still being scalped.

And second, scalpers won't continue to buy PS5s if they aren't able to sell them. If they have their PS5s stuck in a warehouse and are unable to sell them, they are a losing a ton of money. The reality is that scalpers exist because because people actually spend more than market value to buy PS5s from them. The scalped PS5s ultimately end up with consumers anyway. If your theory that no one wants to buy them from scalpers was true, they wouldn't be scalped anyway. That is basic economics

And again, Xboxs also get scalped. Microsoft has actually struggled with manufacturing so they haven't been able to make as many as PS5s and there isn't as much demand but they are also getting scalped. If you have any research on PS5s stuck in warehouses, I'd like to see it. But the reality is scalpers want to sell those off and make a profit. If they didn't, they'd have stopped buying them a while back and again, not as many scalpers get PS5s as you think. It's very silly to me because 100,000 people on reddit will wait on a drop of 1000 PS5s and when they don't get it, they blame scalpers. Like why are you blaming scalpers and not the 100,000 people with you on reddit trying to buy those same consoles. For all the supply and demand issue, Microsoft is actually struggling with making consoles more. Sony's lead has increased pretty much every quarter

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

And again, Xboxs also get scalped. Microsoft has actually struggled with manufacturing so they haven't been able to make as many as PS5s and there isn't as much demand but they are also getting scalped. If you have any research on PS5s stuck in warehouses, I'd like to see it. But the reality is scalpers want to sell those off and make a profit. If they didn't, they'd have stopped buying them a while back and again, not as many scalpers get PS5s as you think. It's very silly to me because 100,000 people on reddit will wait on a drop of 1000 PS5s and when they don't get it, they blame scalpers. Like why are you blaming scalpers and not the 100,000 people with you on reddit trying to buy those same consoles. For all the supply and demand issue, Microsoft is actually struggling with making consoles more. Sony's lead has increased pretty much every quarter
    Not only is Xbox struggling with manufacturing they are also struggling getting ahold of consoles. Microsoft is trying to get a esport scene for Halo Infinite running but can't find any Xbox Series to host events.

My PS4 can in the mail 2 days ago from my friend. I am super hyped for this. I have been playing Blood Bowl 2 like mad! I am also looking forward to playing Assassian's Creed odyssey that I got on sale. I also got an Assaaaian's creed 3 pack at Walmart. My weekend is set
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

https://www.ign.com/articles/jak-and-daxter-movie

Jak and Daxter is getting a movie adaptation. Good or bad, I just hope we get another game out of it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/playstation-xbox...-announcement/

Curious what people think of the pricing structure! Here in the UK it looks like going with the highest level yearly will be double that of the lowest one yearly. Clearly it'll be a better deal for PS5 owners of course. Would be nice to know what the planned PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 games on the highest tier will be as well. If they include all of the Metal Gear Solid games from 1 to 5 that will be a big tip for me to get it. X-Box will still have the exclusives like Bethesda and Day Ones over them though, plus the recent Marvel Unlimited inclusion... curious if Sony might try a similar deal with DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Curious what people think of the pricing structure! Here in the UK it looks like going with the highest level yearly will be double that of the lowest one yearly. Clearly it'll be a better deal for PS5 owners of course. Would be nice to know what the planned PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 games on the highest tier will be as well. If they include all of the Metal Gear Solid games from 1 to 5 that will be a big tip for me to get it. X-Box will still have the exclusives like Bethesda and Day Ones over them though, plus the recent Marvel Unlimited inclusion... curious if Sony might try a similar deal with DC Comics.

The general reaction seen on YouTube has been a lot of 50/50. Many have said that with tons of more games from PSP , PS1-PS5 its a great deal price tier wise. With PS Now rolling into one of these tiers. But the negative reaction is no PS Vita , the fact Sony can't let people get PS3 games without the cloud streaming deal. And lack of launch games ala X-Box.

Its one of those....ehh....will check out 1 day.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

The value proposition is terrible imo. The PS store didn't have a large selection of PS1 and PS2 games to begin with. PS3 games being streaming only is terrible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The general reaction seen on YouTube has been a lot of 50/50. Many have said that with tons of more games from PSP , PS1-PS5 its a great deal price tier wise. With PS Now rolling into one of these tiers. But the negative reaction is no PS Vita , the fact Sony can't let people get PS3 games without the cloud streaming deal. And lack of launch games ala X-Box.

Its one of those....ehh....will check out 1 day.
    I didn't expect Sony, the company known for AAA 1st party titles to just put them on the service for practically nothing.

Microsoft can get away with it because Microsoft is so insanely profitable that it can afford to lose money in the short run to possibly gain in the long run ( and also I can't think of any major AAA title native to Microsoft other than Halo and Forza).

Sony (and Nintendo while we are at it) are not in that position. They'd miss the new release revenue.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah I'm also pretty bummed that the PS3 games will be streaming only - I don't currently know how good my internet will handle such a thing and with games like Elder Scrolls IV, Red Dead 1, Metal Gear Solid 4, Fallout 3/New Vegas and the various LEGO PS3 games all likely to interest me since they're currently on PS Now, I do worry they won't be overly playable.

Ultimately I might opt for the immediate tier so I can try out some PS4 titles I have yet to experience like God of War and Death Stranding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I didn't expect Sony, the company known for AAA 1st party titles to just put them on the service for practically nothing.

Microsoft can get away with it because Microsoft is so insanely profitable that it can afford to lose money in the short run to possibly gain in the long run ( and also I can't think of any major AAA title native to Microsoft other than Halo and Forza).

Sony (and Nintendo while we are at it) are not in that position. They'd miss the new release revenue.
    MS has made alot of acquisitions over the last couple of years so they have plenty of major AAA titles in their wheelhouse

Call of Duty
    Elder Scrolls
    Perfect Dark
    Starfield
    The Outer Worlds
    Diablo
    Overwatch
    Doom
    And many more....

These are all titles that they have expressed will be launching day one on Gamepass

Market Analysis Firm Says PS5 Supply Issues Worse Than Anticipated

Market analysis firm DFC Intelligence has said that PS5 stock shortage is worse than previously forecasted. The company lowered its forecast for the global console market in 2022 due to the ongoing supply situation, which doesn’t seem to be improving. While Sony and Microsoft are both suffering from component shortages, it’s Sony that appears to be hurting the most because of high demand and a bigger gap between supply and demand.

PS5 stock shortage may help Microsoft improve its market share
    ps5 vs xbox

DFC Intelligence suggested that the ongoing PS5 shortage may actually help Microsoft gain more market share because of better availability and the popular Xbox Game Pass service. “We already had forecasted PS5 units would be limited but now we think it is worse,” DFC analyst David Cole said in a statement to Games Industry. Going forward the big question is whether the PlayStation 5 shortage will allow Microsoft to gain ground with both Xbox Series X/S and its Game Pass online service. Recent DFC consumer surveys show that the PlayStation 5 is still the preferred system by a significant margin. However, as Microsoft continues to build up a content library this could change.”

DFC Intelligence has predicted that by 2026, Microsoft’s share of the console market will increase from 20 percent to 27 percent, reducing Sony’s share from 43 percent to 39 percent, and reducing Nintendo’s share from 37 percent to 34 percent. As far as 2022 global console market is concerned, the company has predicted a growth of four percent as opposed to eight percent, amounting to $49 billion in revenue.

Sony has previously said that it’s doing its best to ramp up production and meet demand.

In other news, Lamar Johnson is rumored to be playing Henry in HBO’s The Last of Us television series, and PlayStation’s Xbox Game Pass rival (aka Project Spartacus) is reportedly arriving next week.

[Source: Games Industry]

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-25-2022 at 09:25 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Market Analysis Firm Says PS5 Supply Issues Worse Than Anticipated

Market analysis firm DFC Intelligence has said that PS5 stock shortage is worse than previously forecasted. The company lowered its forecast for the global console market in 2022 due to the ongoing supply situation, which doesn’t seem to be improving. While Sony and Microsoft are both suffering from component shortages, it’s Sony that appears to be hurting the most because of high demand and a bigger gap between supply and demand.

PS5 stock shortage may help Microsoft improve its market share
    ps5 vs xbox

DFC Intelligence suggested that the ongoing PS5 shortage may actually help Microsoft gain more market share because of better availability and the popular Xbox Game Pass service. “We already had forecasted PS5 units would be limited but now we think it is worse,” DFC analyst David Cole said in a statement to Games Industry. Going forward the big question is whether the PlayStation 5 shortage will allow Microsoft to gain ground with both Xbox Series X/S and its Game Pass online service. Recent DFC consumer surveys show that the PlayStation 5 is still the preferred system by a significant margin. However, as Microsoft continues to build up a content library this could change.”

DFC Intelligence has predicted that by 2026, Microsoft’s share of the console market will increase from 20 percent to 27 percent, reducing Sony’s share from 43 percent to 39 percent, and reducing Nintendo’s share from 37 percent to 34 percent. As far as 2022 global console market is concerned, the company has predicted a growth of four percent as opposed to eight percent, amounting to $49 billion in revenue.

Sony has previously said that it’s doing its best to ramp up production and meet demand.

In other news, Lamar Johnson is rumored to be playing Henry in HBO’s The Last of Us television series, and PlayStation’s Xbox Game Pass rival (aka Project Spartacus) is reportedly arriving next week.

[Source: Games Industry]

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net
    Man, I will never get a ps5, I've been playing on my ps4 patiently waiting.

I will out wait scalpers or until a ps5 slim comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Man, I will never get a ps5, I've been playing on my ps4 patiently waiting.

I will out wait scalpers or until a ps5 slim comes out.
    Rumor has it that Microsoft paid for "chip priority" which sounds so hilarious that it must be 100 percent true or 100 percent false. If it's true that would explain why Microsoft is starting to close the gap.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Well I guess I have to reveal this....I now own a Playstation 5. Yes...I own one and managed to get one online finally. Just took me a year and half to do that.